A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

90 Worgen Warlock
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Just do what I'm doing and wait a couple of months.

Or go grind the rare mobs that drop the passes.

Either way, nobody is being forced to pay 70k. If that person think someone will pay that to sit and watch others fight for a couple of hours, good luck to them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In the in-game economy, the rich get richer because stupid people buy stuff off them. If everyone were to stop buying things for inflated prices the problem would be solved.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Prices on them will drop and free alternatives do exist although they might not be the most efficient.

What is wrong with charging prices that people might actually pay for?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Such an amazing friend you got yourself there =P. But ya, ima wait a few weeks before i even bother with my passes, eventually ill get one off the black market ah for like 2k gold
Reply Quote
21 Human Priest
i posted this same concern months ago, but it does seem like there will be enough invites for everyone eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Once people realize it's just a novelty, the price will plummet. I really wouldn't worry about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Relax, it just came out.
The only direction it has now is down, its impossible to control it because the amount of players with it is constantly growing.
If people are paying 70k+ for the passes, then its only right for the seller to sell for that much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
And I suck.I only have 5k gold,used to be 7,but I spent 2k on a Magical Crawdad."shrug"Don't know if it was worth it or not.

Also,what Trickyrick(?) said.
Edited by Narasha on 12/2/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Do it on another server. I paid 5k for my invite off the BMAH and they frequently go below 3k now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Its for an elite few (with 70k gold+) sounds like someone is giving gold dealers a lot of business , Houston we have a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Prices on the BMAH are down from 100K+ on the day 5.1 dropped to 30Kish now on my server. They're dropping so fast that most of the people trying to sell invites are actually trying to sell them for more than the BMAH price.

I think most the people looking for a quick buck on Brawler's Guild invites are going to be disappointed unless they sell now at a steep discount to reduce the effects of deflation. Since each character only has to buy the invite once (and it's a long way from required for anything) eventually (I'm banking in around two months, less for lower pop servers) absolutely everyone who is interested in the Brawler's Guild will have purchased their invite and the invites will start rotting on the BMAH.

Patience is a virtue for the thrifty, in this case.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
"tight knit" by that you mean, completely disjointed from the use of CRZ coalescing...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just do what I'm doing and wait a couple of months.

Or go grind the rare mobs that drop the passes.

Either way, nobody is being forced to pay 70k. If that person think someone will pay that to sit and watch others fight for a couple of hours, good luck to them.

We got a guild on our server camping the named that drop the invites. They'll invite to group if you want the achievement but they'll put it on master looter so you have no chance in Hate of getting the invite. They're not selling them either.

If you get a tap before them, they try to wipe you.

It's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/02/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Tiaei
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

This. So many times this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

If you wanted a tight knit underground feeling, you wouldn't have CRZ'd it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]