A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

90 Night Elf Warrior
so people buy these tickets at 70k gold so they can wait in line just to beat on a solo boss? Yeah people are stupid alright
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
on my realm though they all sell for around 27-33k... and it's a high population realm... why are they so expensive on other realms?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Ferlion
It goes directly against the stated design of "more availability". It's a great idea with extremely poor implementation.

No it doesn't. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean every needs to be granted immediate access to it or its not available. The Brawlers Guild is available to anyone in the game. Anyone can buy a pass off the BMAH, kill rares, or buy a pass from another player.

You might as well moan and groan that you have to be level 90 in order to participate thus making it less available and against the stated design of "more availability". Why not remove dungeons and raid and just hand the gear out?

Every, including you, moaning and groaning and use the excuse of elitism or exclusivity is only using it because you can buy the invites with gold. All the while ignoring the fact that it is no different then every other gating mechanism used since the launch of the game when it comes to vanity items and activities.
Reply Quote
This was probably the only feature of this patch I was looking forward to, besides being able to enter old raids solo. And unfortunately, it looks like it's gonna be a long time before I'm gonna get to do it. Pretty disappointed. Since I'm a normal person, I don't have anywhere near enough gold to buy one of these things, and I've given up camping the rares, because people just come and spam ground-target AoE (which I don't have), making it impossible to get a tag. I somehow managed to kill all three of the rares during server off-hours, but not one of them dropped an invite. Bah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So what you are saying is that the rich or the people willing to pay gold farmers for gold can get in... Yeah let's encourage gold farming.
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Druid
12/04/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Sephernya
So what you are saying is that the rich or the people willing to pay gold farmers for gold can get in... Yeah let's encourage gold farming.

Putting a high price tag on something is not "encouraging gold farming." It's ridiculous to claim that the existence of expensive items in the game encourages people to cheat.

You can't actually be suggesting they just give everything to everyone cheap, or for free? I mean, that would eliminate gold farming... and it would also suck.
Edited by Shuck on 12/4/2012 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Blizzard,

If you guys want to put content behind gold, just sell gold on the official store, so those that can't amass huge amounts of it because of low play time or other reasons can have a shot at it.

Sorry but i don't like the idea behind Brawler's Guild ...designing content for everyone that only a few will see when it's live and the rest a year later is not quite smart.

Sincerely yours, the dailies-grinding shaman that misses his dungeons. :(

So apparently you missed the like... pages of postings about how you can also get the invites off of named mobs and NPC's? Cuz you can. Without spending gold. Except maybe on repairs if you die trying to kill the named mobs and NPC's. Which you might.

The fact that some people want to sell their invites for 70k doesn't mean Blizzard is. The invites are tradeable. Hence, players are going to SELL them to other players.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm not impressed with the Brawler's Guild at all, to be honest. The content itself is...meh. The only reason you want to belong to it is because it's exclusive. If anyone could participate, you wouldn't care. Go solo a dungeon. I'll spend my 70K elsewhere.

If you want the poor man's brawler's guild, solo the ring-of blood chain while at that level on a toon, and without twinking. Now *that's* a bragging right.
Edited by Maxpro on 12/4/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Dear Blizzard,

If you guys want to put content behind gold, just sell gold on the official store, so those that can't amass huge amounts of it because of low play time or other reasons can have a shot at it.

Sorry but i don't like the idea behind Brawler's Guild ...designing content for everyone that only a few will see when it's live and the rest a year later is not quite smart.

Sincerely yours, the dailies-grinding shaman that misses his dungeons. :(
This is so stupid, This is how you completely kill a games economy its basically destroyed Diablo 3 why would you want it in WoW, Also I find it stupid that WoW has a cash shop its a subscription game with a cash shop we dont even get free character services but yet we still have to pay a subscription so adding anything else in the cash shop is a bad idea adding gold in to the cash shop is the worst idea any wow player could ever have.

Also about the brawler pass, The price of it is completley stupid its making a arcade in a 1 store town and setting a entrance fee of 500$, You want people to work for stuff fine but the price of the brawler pass is just off the charts retarded, I dont know about the rest of you 90's but between my valor and justice grind then my dailies i dont want to have to set another goal of farming so i can get enough gold to buy the brawler pass.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
20K now on Stormrage. I thought about buying one, but I decided to spend the money on mats for a 496 offspec chest instead. Anyone can farm 20K in a couple of days if they set their mind to it, stop being lazy if you really want in.

I don't see what the big deal is - if everyone could get in at once the queuing system would explode and you'd be waiting days and days to get a fight anyway.
Edited by Kessiaan on 12/9/2012 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think these are selling for much more than 3-4k on the BMAH on my server now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

Please tell me how. I have no rich friends willing to give me an invitation and I have no gold to buy one or the time to waste playing the AH until I have 100K+ gold that everyone asks for an invitation. Nothing sort of Blizzard sending an invitation into my mailbox would ever allow me access to the content that I paid for you guys to make.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't like the argument that oh ya, well your rich friends will get in first, and then you can bum an invite off them when they're able to give them out. That's bs because I have not seen a single person give out a Brawler's guild invite for free. The players who got in in the first place bought their tickets, and they in turn want to make that money back by selling the tickets they get later. Maybe it's true for the 1% of players who have enough gold to make buying a Brawler's guild ticket insignificant to them, but everyone else I know spent way too much gold on theirs to just give them out for free afterwards.

And I'm sorry, I know I've seen lots of arguments back and forth on this, but I'm on the side that thinks content should not be locked behind a mass amount of gold. By all means, lock it in order to keep it exclusive, but exclusive to skilled players instead of just rich players. The only sure fire way to get in is to buy a ticket, which makes it quick and easy for the rich playerbase, while us lowly commoners have to either grind out of the gold (while also grinding dailies and the like) and/or run around Pandaria killing stuff for the small hope of finally seeing one drop. It's pretty crappy that the Brawler's guild is handed to rich folk on a platter, and for others it just adds another grind. I suggest content like this be locked behind some sort of skill challenge instead, so instead of just letting people in based on how much gold they have, players are being let in based on their personal skill as a player, and then it can truly be called a 'Brawlers Guild' as opposed to the rich country club it is right now. I think you should have to earn your place through show of force instead of a show of your monetary wealth. I'm not sure what something like that would look like, but it's just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Remembrance
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

This. So many times this.

Blizz should just not say anything because anytime they do, they turn around and do exactly what they said they didint want to do.

Take dungeons as a example, Once you hit 90 you CANNOT que for normal mode dungeons. But when People wanna gear up/practice other specs they cant, at least not without messing up 4 other players HEROICS. Not to mention you hit 90 but your guildie/friends is not max lvl guess what? You cant que with them because blizz knows what fun is.

SO much for MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I bought a ticket last night for 4k. Most on our server seem to be going for around 10k, but if you wait for a time when multiple auctions are ending and bid last minute you can get one pretty cheap. I only camped the BMAH for about 2 hours until I found a worthwhile deal.

Once you have access you can see why it's being limited. You have to queue for battles, if everyone had access you'd be waiting an hour between fights and that's no fun either.
Edited by Sedrea on 12/9/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/09/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Ranker

This. So many times this.

Blizz should just not say anything because anytime they do, they turn around and do exactly what they said they didint want to do.

Take dungeons as a example, Once you hit 90 you CANNOT que for normal mode dungeons. But when People wanna gear up/practice other specs they cant, at least not without messing up 4 other players HEROICS. Not to mention you hit 90 but your guildie/friends is not max lvl guess what? You cant que with them because blizz knows what fun is.

SO much for MMO.

Except you can queue for normals at 90. I just did one
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Blackmarket auction house just got a pass for 1050g
Reply Quote
I really wouldn't call Brawler's Guild content. You get nothing out of it and the queues are horrendous.

You want to go punch some !@#$? Go grab a copy of http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fight-night-round-3/40483.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

SO much for MMO.

Except you can queue for normals at 90. I just did one

how did you que for a normal lvl 90 instance when there is not normal lvl 90 instances recheck you setting blizzard took out normal lvl 90 insatance so all you have is heroic because everyone wants to do them not normal
Edited by Sistervicky on 12/11/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]