A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

90 Worgen Hunter
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

If your "friend' offered the invite to you for 70 k, what does Blizzard have to do with it? I acctualy gave mine to an friend... So what?

Ellitism? What? Do you know what the Brawler' Guild is? Its just a side mini-game...

If you feel that its too overpriced for you and you REALLY needs an invite, just spend some time killing rares and eventually you'll get one...
Edited by Warrada on 12/2/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Baneusprime
In the in-game economy, the rich get richer because stupid people buy stuff off them. If everyone were to stop buying things for inflated prices the problem would be solved.

^This.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

If your "friend' offered the invite to you for 70 k, what does Blizzard have to do with it? I acctualy gave mine to an friend... So what?

Ellitism? What? Do you know what the Brawler' Guild is? Its just a side mini-game...

If you feel that its too overpriced for you and you REALLY needs an invite, just spend some time killing rares and eventually you'll get one...

Those rares are a joke.

And I get to hear from across the room the sheer RAGE that goes on when he's killed because some butthurt guild decided they didn't want him to have the tap, or the Horde guild clustered around the spawn point flagged ready to maul him.

Yeah. Ridiculous.

Make aoes not flag you. Thanks.
Reply Quote
35 Orc Hunter
so where is the bit on the box that states all content must be cleared in a 24 hour period? i still cant seem to find it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Different situations create different scenarios.

Just because they used a logic and applied it to raiding doesn't mean that that logic can now be applied to everything in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Just because I'm selling a burger for 1,000,000 dollars does not mean I'll get rich.
Edited by Myboy on 12/2/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

And by certain he means 3, on each side, that are never up, and are always being AOE Spammed to get the kill....So good luck with that one...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm sorry, but I don't see what selling a pass for 70k gold has to do with elitism as elitism is typically used in the context of WoW.

Just to establish consistency, does the existence of very good BoE epics that can be sold for large sums of gold also promote elitism?
Edited by Nixxe on 12/2/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/02/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Tiaei
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

12/02/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Sakiri
If you wanted a tight knit underground feeling, you wouldn't have CRZ'd it.

This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah but they also want to have a small reward for some people

not everything in the game can be like your wellfare checks

wipe your tears and keep on doing lfr.

Having a difference of opinion doesn't give you a reason to be rude.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

You avoided the point of the comment.

It was supposed to promote server community and have a tight knit feel to it, yet you couldn't exclude it from your precious cross realm garbage.

I don't care if it's supposed to be a temporary thing. It should not have happened, not for something with the intent of this. GC said it can be turned on and off at will, yet it could have been completely off by default for the Guild, yet was NOT.

That's where I have a problem with it.

That noted, I'm not bothering. Why? I figured it could be fun... until I realized I have better things to do than wait 2 hours in a line to beat up a mob by myself, all the while praying the shmucks ahead of me wipe fast so I can have my turn. If it did anything, it'd give me more animosity and alienation. I don't want to watch others fight, I don't root for others to win. I want them to die already so I can get my shot.

Soon as I heard it was one at a time, I knew it was going to be a waste of time.

Everyone wasting thousands of gold, giving each other grief and whatnot for an invite to a private little CRZ'd club of waiting in line half the day to beat on someone. Yeah. Lots of fun. Not.

/rant
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/02/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Styln

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

why haven't the invites gone out i wonder? Because people are charging 50k+ on nearly every server for one. Not a really conducive environment for quickly passing out such invites.

Why are people still failing to understand after the blue has said it multble times...

IF YOU WANT TO GO BUT DON'T WANT/CAN'T AFORD THE INVITES AT BMAH OR YOU DON'T/CAN'T FARM THE RARES THEN JUST WAIT!!!!

I don't know how you can make it clearer... for every day that passes the demand for the guild is 10 people weaker (more like 15~ if around have of those people get to rank 7).

by the end of the month or 2 they will be close to valueless... all you have to do is wait. it's just that simple.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warlock
12/02/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Baneusprime
In the in-game economy, the rich get richer because stupid people buy stuff off them. If everyone were to stop buying things for inflated prices the problem would be solved.

I agree. The problem is that blizzard is still creating mechanics that give the rich these opportunities.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
My biggest problem with the bruce's guild is that you cannot do anything else while there.

After the first 2 hours you've seen every fight at least 5 times under rank 4. After 4 hours of being in there, you really wonder what the point is.

Why cant we get in the Queue and be summoned back when its our turn? Even if you keep it single-threaded. You cannot use the AH, pet battle, do a daily, queue for anything else , etc.

You just have to sit there for 25-60 minutes waiting on a queue to pop. Guess I should just watch a movie or browse the net tabbed out while I wait. This is not fun. This is the worst implementation of a feature Ive seen Blizzard make. Dont get me wrong, I love MOP and think they did a just about perfect job with it otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I still think it was a stupid idea to make players able to buy these invites.

I can understand if Blizzard wanted to make it a gold sink. But they didn't. They've allowed the rich players to purchase these invites and then charge other players hand over fist for the "privilege" of getting to see content that Blizzard has developed.

It leaves one hell of a sour taste in my mouth to see Blizzard revert to a "pay gold for content" model. Aren't they touted for being an accessible MMO?

I don't see why you couldn't have used the "reverse" CRZ technology where you split overpopulated zones into separate instances. I remember that being discussed before Mists released. That would allow players to not feel locked out of this content, not by skill, but by money, and would retain the "underground" feel and provide an audience to matches while managing queuetimes.

Also "getting lucky" with the drop from those NPCs is ridiculous and you know it. The drop rate is sub 5% and the mobs are camped hard enough as it is.

It's fine to say "be patient" when people are complaining that they can't get the GEAR to do content or can't down bosses fast enough to see content or feel like dailies take too long. Those are all things you can guarantee by putting in personal effort over time.

These invites, though, are subject to monopolization by big guilds and players with huge sums of money (my server has guilds on both factions that try to camp the mobs that drop the invites AND buy out all the invites on the BMAH), and are merely an exercise in frustration for the vast majority of players.

You realize that you've made a large portion of your playerbase feel like absolute !@#$ because they see this as pandering to the 1%, right?

I'm normally very supportive of Blizzard, but I haven't agreed with this decision from the start and I still don't.
Edited by Daetur on 12/2/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]