A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Ezreth
Oh, but wait.. i cant get a brawlers guild invite unless I pay stupid prices. Thats soooo much fun! :/

You can. Blood-Soaked Invitation won't cost you a copper. It requires you to kill a rare spawn appropriate for your faction in the new daily area and get lucky with a drop. Or you could just wait a few weeks, miss nothing, and pay a few thousand for an invite.

This is entirely optional content not even designed for everyone. It isn't like BC raiding where that is the primary goal and focus of the end game for the game.
Edited by Rhorle on 12/2/2012 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My invite cost nothing and earned me 50k. Perhaps you should clue up :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Knew
Hypocritical to say the least.

The Brawlers guild isn't a primary end game focus. It is a 100% optional activity within the game. It isn't even close to what raiding is to the game. It is more like finishing all the quests in the zone because you have to farm mobs for crafting mats or homing beacons.

You are fine with having to farm for mats, why not for a invitation? And yes farming through time or gold is both the same investment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Thumpalinna
Seems this will be a good thing for the gold sellers out there farming the rares. Nobody will get one until they can afford to pay the gold sellers 70+ gold. Way to go Blizz for encouraging gold sellers while the real players will have to struggle again.

Please look into the system. Buying something from the Black Market Auction house makes the invitation Bind on Pickup. The only ones that ever profit from the BMAH are Blizzard because they are the ones selling the items. Killing a rare and getting the random drop gives you a bind on pickup invitation. Meaning you can't sell it.

The only way for Gold Sellers to profit is to gain rank seven in the guild on a character. At rank 7 you get an achievement and get mailed one invitation in the mail that is not bind on pickup. You can only invite 11 people per server (unless you delete a character and re level to 90).

So before you go blaming Blizzard you might want to remove your ignorance of the system and actually know what is going on.
Edited by Rhorle on 12/2/2012 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You can't do anything about people with rare items selling them for exorbitant prices. You can however get out there and fight some rares and try to get one yourself.

And to those of you who are seemingly comparing WoW's economy to the real world one, please don't. In the real world, income inequality causes real suffering and playing field is not even close to level. In the game world, however, we all have access to the same tools and resources and everyone is equality capable of generating income for themselves, and -- it's just a game.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Rhorle
Seems this will be a good thing for the gold sellers out there farming the rares. Nobody will get one until they can afford to pay the gold sellers 70+ gold. Way to go Blizz for encouraging gold sellers while the real players will have to struggle again.

Please look into the system. Buying something from the Black Market Auction house makes the invitation Bind on Pickup. The only ones that ever profit from the BMAH are Blizzard because they are the ones selling the items. Killing a rare and getting the random drop gives you a bind on pickup invitation. Meaning you can't sell it.

The only way for Gold Sellers to profit is to gain rank seven in the guild on a character. At rank 7 you get an achievement and get mailed one invitation in the mail that is not bind on pickup. You can only invite 11 people per server (unless you delete a character and re level to 90).

So before you go blaming Blizzard you might want to remove your ignorance of the system and actually know what is going on.

And you don't think gold sellers still will not use that? Gold seller camps mob, gets invitation, goes and sits in Brawler's Guild.. gains rank 7, sells invite, rinse and repeat until you max out 11 people per server. Steals another account.. rinse and repeat. So I think your comments should be shoved somewhere uncomfortable... I am far from ignorant Mr. Troll.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/02/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Thumpalinna
And you don't think gold sellers still will not use that? Gold seller camps mob, gets invitation, goes and sits in Brawler's Guild.. gains rank 7, sells invite, rinse and repeat until you max out 11 people per server. Steals another account.. rinse and repeat. So I think your comments should be shoved somewhere uncomfortable... I am far from ignorant Mr. Troll.

It's kind of funny. What you're doing has more in common with trolling than the person who simply refuted your initial ignorance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Thumpalinna

A gold seller that spends hours camping a rare mob for an item that has a 5% or less drop rate(http://www.wowdb.com/items/93194-blood-soaked-invitation) on mobs that sometimes take hours to respawn and then spends hours waiting in line and playing all the way up to rank 7 just for one invite is a gold seller that isn't making any profit.

Because all his friends will just be doing what gold sellers normally do and make profit in less time. Gold sellers won't be using the system to make a profit. Just face it you didn't know what you were talking about and there is no point in trying to save face.

Rank 7 isn't just something you can waltz in and get in 30 mins. I suggest reading up on the guild and what you actually have to do to avoid mobs special attacks and dps checks.
Edited by Rhorle on 12/2/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Sharwayna
Blizzard isn't even trying anymore this whole xpack feels like the argent tournament x 1000.

Not a single thing in that sentence made sense.

50 bazillion dailies kinda seems to make sense to me unfortunately
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
50 bazillion dailies kinda seems to make sense to me unfortunately

That wouldn't surprise me...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The prices of invites are going to plummet once the community realizes it's a pointless endeavor and mainly a waste of time. Who really wants to sit around for an hour to fight one monster, who drops nothing? And then do it again? And again? For 8 ranks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would question if that person were even a friend

Bought an invite for myself and a friend off the bmah, then gave away my invite once rank 7 to someone I barely knew.

I treat near strangers better than your friend treats you, amazing.

12/02/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Rhorle
Rank 7 isn't just something you can waltz in and get in 30 mins. I suggest reading up on the guild and what you actually have to do to avoid mobs special attacks and dps checks.

Eh, actually it kinda was.
Edited by Cuddles on 12/2/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/02/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Fudgesicle
The prices of invites are going to plummet once the community realizes it's a pointless endeavor and mainly a waste of time. Who really wants to sit around for an hour to fight one monster, who drops nothing? And then do it again? And again? For 8 ranks?

It's a fun diversion. It's really not much more than that, nor was it designed to be. There's 1 pet at Rank 7, and the heirloom fist weapon at Rank 8. There's no epic gear, nothing for progression, and a smattering of achievements. CRZ is usually off on my server now, occassionally I see 1 or 2 other realms.

Invites on the BMAH are already much lower than before. I imagine they'll be going for around the minimum soon. I'm sure in short order, they won't even sell on the BMAH due to availability of the free invite you get at Rank 7.

So less than a week in, prices on invites are dropping like a rock and CRZ is mostly off. A month from now, people will be complaining it's too easy to get in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Vlada

It's a fun diversion. It's really not much more than that, nor was it designed to be. .

And that's why I have a problem with it being a major feature in a content patch.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
No-ones gonna care about the brawlers guild in 6 months so i'll wait until then... it will be free or next to free to get in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Styln
What gets me how content is supposed to be experienced while relevant, yet you're supposed to wait in this case.

It seems to me this particular content will be just as relevant in a month or two as it is right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Blizzard makes raiding a thing that only a few can do (and by "a few" I mean "competent players who have some free time") and everyone whines.

Blizzard opens up raiding to literally everyone with LFR and people whine.

Blizzard adds a "must not suck at least this much to play" content and everyone whines.

Conclusion: People who demanded LFR are mad they're back to being butthurt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]