A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

90 Dwarf Death Knight
BMAH is where you get it, not from other people. There are many of them starting for under 10k gold there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
The same could have been said for raids. When the level cap raises the raid becomes available to everyone and they get to experience it at some point.

I honestly don't know what to make of your company anymore.

I really don't think that they know either. They say we can pick and choose our factions this xpac, then bam gate the good stuff behind one group that is abysmally slow. They want everyone to experience all their content, then nope you have to pay gold because this is an exclusive club.

Thankful for pet battles and transmog, because I sure as hell am not having luck with my LFgold queues
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Amongst MoP getting surprisingly stale rather quickl

Serious question, what do YOU want from Blizzard?

You haven't really raided.
You have done no Dungeon Challenges.
You haven't done much in Pet Battles.
You have only 2 exalted reps.
You haven't done Brawlers Guild.
You have only 5 professions maxed, and haven't done much with the Pandaria cooking stuff.

You basically haven't done ANYTHING in Pandaria, but you are complaining the game is stale?

That is like going to a huge buffet that serves food from all over the world, and only eating pizza, then complaining their food is boring.

What do YOU want from Blizzard?!

And yet, sadly, after doing 10 professions across alts (including cooking and the cooking school), tons of heroics, pet battles, all factions (in MoP) except the 5.1 new release, and having worked on raiding... I can relate. It does feel stale in some ways... and more so than I expected.
What do I want? Cool stuff like the old epic mount questlines! The farm was a great idea. There are some really cool things in MoP. However, half of the cool things were bugged. Even worse, some of them still are... after a major content patch AND acknowledgement of the issue. I want to NOT be told that blizzard knows better than I how much playtime I can stand (see ghostcrawler's tweet about weekly valor caps.)
There is much good to be found, yes. However, content short of raids does indeed get stale very fast in this expansion. To be blunt, heroics were just too easy. Scenarios were probably a bit too long. Sideshow activies are nice, and should be fun... but the handling of this one doesn't appeal. It would have been better to make it an instance zone in, where the first 50 people (arbitrary number) on a server go into one instance and then another is made. As I commented earlier, a questline where you showed some skill and were then recruited would have been another fun alternative.
People enjoy different things in game. That's good. So, serious question: Who are you to tell them they haven't done enough to form their own opinion?
Edited by Jairone on 12/2/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I went to the Brawlers Guild for the quest chain with shieldwall

It was fun for 20 minutes! Watching people fight, win, cheering in the stands, listening to strats for different ranks, seeing an MMO as it should be a non lobby game, etc

Then seeing the invites go for 60k+ on the BMAH and thinking to myself awesome ill be able experience this content in ~2 months when no one cares about it anymore since the rewards suck.

Great idea, loved it. Implemented poorly and catered to elitists ... again! GG
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

People also charge 100k gold for white items in the AH. Just because someone tries to get something for a price doesnt mean that that is the going rate.

I've seen the invites go for as little as 5k on my server and 2k on the BMAH.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm still waiting for a feature to be added that doesn't involve a huge goldsink or CRZ. Actually, i'm waiting on them to finally give up on CRZ because practically no one likes it except for high level folks on pvp realms who get excited at the idea of one-shotting people in STV.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

Saw someone on my server in trade earlier offering one for 90k
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
12/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Brennvin
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it.
Then realms should have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever coalesced for Brawler's Guild no matter how much you guys think a line is important to it because you will not and cannot have a tight knit community when players vanish forever out of the CRZ, never to be seen again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why would anyone spend as much as 200k on my server for an invite for something that the highest reward is a 100g vendor drop? You get No gear, not anything. Seems to me Blizzard has just taken the Facebook Game approach and want people to spend gold for content. Not me, not gonna happen.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Warlock
12/02/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Demonae
Amongst MoP getting surprisingly stale rather quickl

Serious question, what do YOU want from Blizzard?

You haven't really raided.
You have done no Dungeon Challenges.
You haven't done much in Pet Battles.
You have only 2 exalted reps.
You haven't done Brawlers Guild.
You have only 5 professions maxed, and haven't done much with the Pandaria cooking stuff.

You basically haven't done ANYTHING in Pandaria, but you are complaining the game is stale?

That is like going to a huge buffet that serves food from all over the world, and only eating pizza, then complaining their food is boring.

What do YOU want from Blizzard?!

I'm curious where this opinion that they haven't done anything stems from since the only thing that you listed that's actually valid (using profession completion as a criteria? Are you high?) is the Brawler's guild which is a giant pain in the !@# to get into currently due to how they gated access. Challenge modes and normal/heroic raids are just harder levels of content that he's already seen, and hardly qualify as content in and of themselves since the fights or tactics involved don't change much (not everyone is interested in levels of difficulty as a substitute for genuine content).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

If you wanted a tight knit underground feeling, you wouldn't have CRZ'd it.

This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

Oh, so then after the SERVER ITSELF makes 1 hour queues, you'll stop the CRZ on it? sounds good...not.

Heck, do the simple bloody fix of lowering the cap on the amount of CRZ'd players in the area. I've made a suggestion to add 2 smaller pits in the back, with starter, practice fights, but you guys will never listen to decent suggestions like that.

WHY AM I ON THE FORUMS AGAIN?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

Yeah, I was ok with the asinine way this was being implemented once the NPC drops were added, until I found out it was an unconscionably low drop rate from NPC's that only spawn once an hour.

So here's a quick postmortem for you: I don't know anyone that's already in the brawler's guild who thinks it has a 'tight knit, underground feel'.
This was a terrible implementation of this highly anticipated feature.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Fudgesicle
The prices of invites are going to plummet once the community realizes it's a pointless endeavor and mainly a waste of time. Who really wants to sit around for an hour to fight one monster, who drops nothing? And then do it again? And again? For 8 ranks?

So whether or not it's fun is not part of your consideration? Just whether it "drops loot" or something? If you don't want to do it then don't do it, but you sound weird when you evaluate your choice of gameplay based on what it drops. Bowser never dropped any loot in Super Mario Brothers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
dont worry blizzard will add the looking for raid version soon, you can que up and fight the bosses but they wont have mechanics .
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Warlock
12/02/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Friendzee
So whether or not it's fun is not part of your consideration?

I read their post as them saying "It's not fun, and it isn't rewarding", rather than "It's not fun because it isn't rewarding".
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Friendzee
Bowser never dropped any loot in Super Mario Brothers.

That is the most irrelevant comparison I have ever seen made on these forums. Ever.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Still selling in the BMAH at 15-20k on my server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What saddens me is that the Brawler's Guild is legitimately the funnest looking addition I've seen to the game this expansion and I probably won't enjoy it till 2-3 or more major patches from now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Oh they always double standard these days. They want some stuff to be exclusive for a very select few and later after it slowly dies out the others can do it, but oh wait CRZ will kick in and the "tight knit" group won't be so tight.

They have become more shady from Wrath on with explanations. Look at the 1yr sign-up how they said access to the beta. Most took it as instant access, but noooo it was handled in a way that angered their customers.

So are you against having vendor sold items that require rep also require gold? Thats the same as Brawlers Guild invites. Are you against having to complete the first part of Wrathions quest in order to do the second part? Thats the same type of system.

Why is it that the system is only a problem when you can buy something with gold from an Auction House and not a problem any other time? The gold here is in place of the farming cost.

You can farm a rare and invest time. Or you can invest Gold. Either way you'll eventually get an invite and nothing is guaranteed. Just like you don't get gear handed to you, experience handed to you, rep handed to you, quest completions handed to you, or raids handed to you.

Everything is gated because this is a game that has had limits and requirements for things since day 1. You can't cry foul now because it just makes you a hypocrite.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

But it was the same situation with raiding -- people saw it over time...just not right away.
o_O

Raiding is THE end game of WoW. Brawlers guild is no different then a new rep, daily hub, quest zone, new statue in a city, holiday world events (though permanent) It is a 100% optional feature added so people can have fun doing something in the game.

Just as not every mount, gear, quest, rep, vanity item, etc are open to every single person. Neither is the brawlers guild and to hold it other wise is just silly. You are drawing the line in the sand just to draw a line and for no other reason then posturing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]