A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

100 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Runebreaker
BMAH is where you get it, not from other people. There are many of them starting for under 10k gold there.

There are 3 places to get invites to the Brawlers Guild

Black Market Auction House
Horde and Alliance rares in Karasang (3 for horde and 3 for alliance)
Rank 7 Brawlers Guild members (one per character as its awarded through an achievement)

So yes you can get it from other people, but it will be the lowest source of them and requires someone to already be a member. The BMAH will always be the most plentiful source and eventually they won't be going for much above the base starting price which is around 1-5k or something like that.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Shaman
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

If you wanted a tight knit underground feeling, you wouldn't have CRZ'd it.

This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.
So by tight knit group, you mean a bunch of elitists who are going to overprice the invites for months and years to come?

When are you going to admit that this is just a terrible system? No offense, but you realize how awful this game's community is (as a whole) right? This will never turn into something other than for people who have insane money.
Edited by Tziyan on 12/2/2012 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Bowser never dropped any loot in Super Mario Brothers.

That is the most irrelevant comparison I have ever seen made on these forums. Ever.

Really? I didn't come up with the basic comparison - games don't need loot carrots to be fun. It's not a radical idea or a new one. Tens of thousands of people have come here and presented the same argument. When you start evaluating content based on how good the loot is, you've lost perspective. You are no longer having fun from the game itself, but feeding some addiction. I raid because I like the raids. I would do the Brawler's Guild to see how good the fights were. How about you?
Edited by Friendzee on 12/2/2012 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Deathbyrd
Thankful for pet battles and transmog, because I sure as hell am not having luck with my LFgold queues

The irony of your post is that you can only do pet battles by paying gold. Where as the Brawlers guild has two non gold sources for invites. Rare spawns and other players (though players will likely charge gold).
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
12/02/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Friendzee
I didn't come up with the basic comparison - games don't need loot carrots to be fun.

There isn't a game in existance that doesn't have a carrot attached, even if it's something as intrinsic as the good feeling you get knowing you managed to win.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Tziyan
So by tight knit group, you mean a bunch of elitists who are going to overprice the invites for months and years to come?

That is impossible. If you are going to bash Blizzard for something at least get your facts straight. No one can control invites to the Brawlers guild except for one per character. That is because the BMAH will have 10 per day for the rest of WoW's existence and those are BoP.

The only invite you can sell is awarded one per character at rank 7. In order to control invites you would have to win all 10 of the BMAH auctions each day and constantly re-roll characters and re-level them up to 90, gear them up, and then get rank 7 again.

So in others words your objection is irrelevant.
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

The whole idea was stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
12/02/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Mugrot
"tight knit" by that you mean, completely disjointed from the use of CRZ coalescing...

true that, a case of say one thing do another.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Bomdanil
There isn't a game in existance that doesn't have a carrot attached, even if it's something as intrinsic as the good feeling you get knowing you managed to win.

And the Brawlers Guild has a reward attached to every victory. Brawler's Purse. It often contains things worth 40-50 gold
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I am certainly not going to put down anyone's opinion, as you all are entitled to yours.

I do want to make one point however: When in the Brawler's Guild, only one person can be in the ring at one time. Which means, there are queues to wait to fight. If everyone was able to join the guild at the same time, the queue lengths would be ridiculous. Just something to offer for the people that aren't fond of Blizzard's position with this. On my server, although I am not in the Brawler's guild, I am hearing 30 minute queue times at certain points.

I certainly don't want to put anyone down, but I have a feeling if they let everyone in at once, and people had to wait 4 hours to get into the ring, there would be plenty of complaining.
Edited by Ormie on 12/2/2012 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

except for the fact that each person gets one invite and they themselves probably paid 70k for the initial invite. Use your brain
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
12/02/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Rhorle
The irony of your post is that you can only do pet battles by paying gold.
They charged me all of 10 gold last week to learn to digital (rooster) fight, and 10 silver to sew my pets back together.
Edited by Advicetroll on 12/2/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

except for the fact that each person gets one invite and they themselves probably paid 70k for the initial invite. Use your brain

How can you say "use your brain" with a statement as idiotic as this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/02/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Thuggo
How can you say "use your brain" with a statement as idiotic as this.

You can't point fingers at someone for wanting to make their gold back and not simply "giving" away an invite to something as new as this. That is idiotic.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
12/02/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Rainbows
Such an amazing friend you got yourself there =P. But ya, ima wait a few weeks before i even bother with my passes, eventually ill get one off the black market ah for like 2k gold
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.
I had to wait in queue for about two hours to get a second fight in for the night thanks to CRZing the Brawler's Guild artificially inflating queue times. Seriously, just turn off CRZ there. Less and less people are going to the guild partly due to frustration over just how long queue times are thanks to CRZ. I'm normally ambivalent about CRZ, but in this case, considering how much I paid for my invitation, it's irritating.

It's hard to have a tight-knit community with the Brawler's Guild when there are people from other servers showing up in the Guild that you won't see again once they leave the Guild area.
Edited by Aoir on 12/2/2012 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I got mine for free from a guildie.

Also giving mine away for free to another guildie.

Share the love <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

QFT
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
12/02/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Demonae
Amongst MoP getting surprisingly stale rather quickl

Serious question, what do YOU want from Blizzard?

You haven't really raided.
You have done no Dungeon Challenges.
You haven't done much in Pet Battles.
You have only 2 exalted reps.
You haven't done Brawlers Guild.
You have only 5 professions maxed, and haven't done much with the Pandaria cooking stuff.

You basically haven't done ANYTHING in Pandaria, but you are complaining the game is stale?

That is like going to a huge buffet that serves food from all over the world, and only eating pizza, then complaining their food is boring.

What do YOU want from Blizzard?!

Yeah, look at all those completely uninspired second job worthy daily grinds, so much content.
Reply Quote
89 Human Warrior
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!
*Cough* CrZ kind of ruins that whole statement *cough* sorry these darn allergies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]