Ability to remove bots

100 Human Warlock
Hello.
I frequently play random battlegrounds for fun, and lately the increased amount of bots in my battlegrounds is ruining my experience. From what I've read, this problem appears to be affecting quite a few number of people.
[It seems that more bots have come back out of hiding since the addition of allowing our characters to 'upgrade' their gear via use of honor and conquest points]

Are their any UI addons or macros that would allow me to not be grouped with bots?
I have many options and toggles available in the 'system preferences' section, however I do not see one that allows me to not queue with them.

I can hide my cloak.
I can change my visibility on my debuffs.
I can enable Death Knight voices.
I can remove the option to show the new 'loss of control' UI.
I can even block guild invites!

So many things I can remove or choose to not play with.... but I don't have the option to remove bots and play an MMO with 10+ real people.

Can we please have this option added somewhere?

Thank you,
Mike
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Doesn't "ignore" work? It does for random dungeon or raid queues.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I have heard stories from many people that they often ignore certain bots but continually see them on the field of battle.

Edit: Found a link, it apparently still conflicting stories on its effectiveness:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369527505
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
There's no way for your game client (the software on your computer) to know who and who isn't actually a human being at a keyboard.

You can use the /ignore command to prevent yourself from being queue in an LFD/LFR and (I believe) Random Battleground queue with a particular person in the future, but the technology does not exist to add a check box to your game that says "only group me with real human opponents and teammates."

Assuming that such technology existed, Blizzard would be using it more actively to prevent bots in the first place.
Edited by Unkle on 12/3/2012 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What I don't understand is why hasn't Blizzard put a CAPTCHA prompt that must be passed to enter any dungeon, battleground, raid or arena?
Edited by Mitimem on 12/3/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
You can use the /ignore command to prevent yourself from being queue in an LFD/LFR and (I believe) Random Battleground queue with a particular person in the future, but the technology does not exist to add a check box to your game that says "only group me with real human opponents and teammates."

Confirmation of this working in a random BG would be nice...
... and if this doesn't work, it would be a welcomed addition.

Can anyone confirm this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/03/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Mitimem
What I don't understand is why hasn't Blizzard put a CAPTCHA prompt that must be passed to enter any dungeon, battleground, raid or arena?
They explained why that is not a good idea in a post last week.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest

there are programs that can read captcha prompts and the amount of QQ will never cease

12/03/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Wreckingball
Blizzard doesn't care, bots are everywhere now doing dailies, mining, herbing, doing BG's, LFR, Heroics, farming mobs. Its pretty clear to me.

Blizzard's ban policy for bot's takes a considerable amount of time... to ensure they're actually banning the bot, not the player who doesn't bot.
Edited by Bõb on 12/3/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
if you just report the bots, the problems will be solved. i play late nights on 2 different servers off and on. I just report them, Although I did see my first the other day in WSG and half our team was bots, which makes for a interesting BG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not as simple as all that which is precisely why they banned mass reporting. People were quick to report for pretty much anything and sometimes addons would do it for them automatically. That much reporting results in a lot of false positives and then they have to wade through the reports and figure out which ones are real bots and which ones are people just venting and having quick trigger on the report button.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fix for bg botting:

The first time you get kicked for "botting", 15 minute deserter

Second time within 24 hours, 1 hour deserter

Third time in 24 hours, 24 hour deserter and maybe look into that account

Just make sure your not banning some poor fool that has a terrible connection and DC's a lot.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Fix for bg botting:

The first time you get kicked for "botting", 15 minute deserter

Second time within 24 hours, 1 hour deserter

Third time in 24 hours, 24 hour deserter and maybe look into that account

Just make sure your not banning some poor fool that has a terrible connection and DC's a lot.

People will abuse that.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Warrior

At some point tho we are going to have to stop adding layers of security and find a REAL solution that doesn't require the honest playing people to enter a password + an authenticator + captcha + answering security questions + praying to the titans...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Blizz are people too, not magic crystal balls. There is no super solution. They're trying and people keep coming up with way to circumvent restrictions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/03/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Wreckingball
Blizzard doesn't care, bots are everywhere now doing dailies, mining, herbing, doing BG's, LFR, Heroics, farming mobs. Its pretty clear to me.
This statement is quite incorrect. Just do some research before you flame.
Reply Quote
62 Tauren Death Knight
The FBI, the HSA, the CIA, The White House, the DoD.....pick your favorite Government or Corporate entity, ALL have been hacked or circumvented.
I am quite sure Blizzard, as large as it is, does not have the resources that Government or say, a major corporation has. Hell Apple and Microsoft get hacked into.
If these places can't stop people from getting around guards and precaution, what makes us think Blizzard can.
We just have Man (Lady) up and deal with it. Our world isn't perfect. Neither is the World of Warcraft. Think of it as Art imitating Life.

Now, where is my Klonopin?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]