So...elemental shamans....

90 Troll Druid
How are you guys doing these days? I wanted to try a lightning shaman for once as its a class I have not tried yet.

How are you doing in PvE?

How are you doing in PvP? Can you arena/duel/BG decently? I know from all the forum complaints I have seen over the years that you lack survivability but can that be overcome with the casting-while-moving kiting and such?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJmmQ5y9eQ

there is your answer
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Lol already have a frost mage and a warrior and a warlock and this druid and a rogue and a paladin. Even have a spriest at lvl 69. I am looking for something more fun, not something OP as that definition seems to change with the wind (aka every patch).

Sounds like I will like ele shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ele sham is a lot of fun! But def not OP. I run primarily pve and there is a lot that shams bring to the table to help everyone out. There's something we can do for nearly every situation and it keeps me interested for sure. Like dekanteg said though, it seems like most of the ele shams out there are the ones that have been doing it for years (5 years with this toon here). Ultimately the best thing you can about us is that we are diverse.
Reply Quote
This is, by far, the weakest spec I've ever played in WoW damage wise. Other classes can so easily out perform elemental for the damage role. It's bad.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Is this just an endgame thing? At mid-level normal instances, I top the DPS charts almost every run. I'm not a min/maxxer but I have been playing elemental since BC launch so I consider myself pretty middle of the road in terms of ability.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Dekanteg
arena : no not viable due to dying really easily and being locked up with silences and stuns.

no, we are viable

unless you're not good ofc
Edited by Rocket on 12/5/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Idk, i hear a lot of people complaining but honestly i have no complaints with pvp. You just have to be prepared and remember to use all the available tools you have.

for example elemental bind is great for mages/other shamans and their elemental minions

before every fight i put up stone bulwark totem and healing stream

if your fighting a spellcaster remember to use your grounding totem (in my case i have the glyph to reflect it.)

thunderstorm if your stunned

use windshear when possible

if you see a flag you wanna cap and its all alone chances are their is a rouge so get in the habit of dropping a magma totem or earthquake along with a healing stream just in case.

for priests.... purge, purge, purge, purge (you can purge their shield) lol

if you suspect you will be fighting more than one person drop healing tide totem instead of healing stream

use hex when you are overwhelmed or need time to heal

remember to use your elemental guardian totems in fights, they are very powerful and make a huge difference.

oh and probably the most important thing if you wanna be good. learn to not click the action bars to cast your spells. Learning to use key bindings makes a huge difference.

Honestly shamans are extremely situational. We can't use the same tactics for every situation. Sure we no longer can drop totems if we are silenced, but all that means is we have to be prepared BEFORE the battle even begins, analyze the situation, plan your attack accordingly.
Edited by Jaezuhn on 12/5/2012 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/04/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Timay
This is, by far, the weakest spec I've ever played in WoW damage wise. Other classes can so easily out perform elemental for the damage role. It's bad.

You need better gear. I felt the same when I was in Blues. Once I had better items, things were a lot better. Can't say the same for level 90s and PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Idk, i hear a lot of people complaining but honestly i have no complaints with pvp. You just have to be prepared and remember to use all the available tools you have.

for example elemental bind is great for mages/other shamans and their elemental minions

before every fight i put up stone bulwark totem and healing stream

if your fighting a spellcaster remember to use your grounding totem (in my case i have the glyph to reflect it.)

thunderstorm if your stunned

use windshear when possible

if you see a flag you wanna cap and its all alone chances are their is a rouge so get in the habit of dropping a magma totem or earthquake along with a healing stream just in case.

for priests.... purge, purge, purge, purge (you can purge their shield) lol

if you suspect you will be fighting more than one person drop healing tide totem instead of healing stream

use hex when you are overwhelmed or need time to heal

remember to use your elemental guardian totems in fights, they are very powerful and make a huge difference.

oh and probably the most important thing if you wanna be good. learn to not click the action bars to cast your spells. Learning to use key bindings makes a huge difference.

Honestly shamans are extremely situational. We can't use the same tactics for every situation. Sure we no longer can drop totems if we are silenced, but all that means is we have to be prepared BEFORE the battle even begins, analyze the situation, plan your attack accordingly.

Get to level 90 and try PvP-ing in full S12s then tell me about it. There's really not much anyone can do about World PVP or normal BGs. But we are really bad in arenas right now. And I know anyone who still click the action bars at level 90s.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]