Best Pets to Use

90 Gnome Monk
So what are the best pets to use for a pet battle?

Which beast is the best?
Humanoid?
Undead?
Etc.

I currently use Lil XT as my mechanical which is strong against beasts, but I heard Muckbreath was very good. Anyone have their favorite pets they use? I am so new to this and never did the whole Pokèmon thing, so I'm completely lost. Any imput on the best pets would be helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
No best pet really, there are good pets and subpar pets but every team can be countered by another team.

For PVE tamer fights it helps to have pets that can counter their pets.

It's more complicated for PVP fights as you don't know what you're going to fight. So you'll want a team that can counter the most. Having pets that can do multiple types of dmg allows them to counter a wider range of pets. Having multiple types of pets means you won't run into a team which hard counters the pet type you stacked.

Through it's important to remember it's not the individual pets in the team that matters, it's how they work together. My current team is infested bear cub, darkshore cub and muckbreath. Start fight with muckbreath applying rip, then use blood in the water. Switch to infested to use maul which gets bonus dmg from the bleed from rip. I had the same setup with darkshore cub before I got him to 20+ then got the dmg+ skill and rampage. Team is weakest against flyers as muckbreath gets hard countered and they soft counter beast dmg from the bears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
What really decides what is best is the pets you are facing not what you have. Somehting only seems 'op' when it is hard countering someone.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
For leveling against wild pets, the theoretical best team is

Mechanical pet to counter the many Beasts.

Something with Beast moves to counter the many Critters (could be a Beast or Aquatic crocolisk or Dragonkin Chrominius)

Magic pet to counter the many Flyers and Aquatics

Many other pets are quite good as well, especially many with heals. They can reduce downtime between pet battles.

For powerleveling a low level pet, a level 25 with Explode is nice because all the experience goes to the low level pet if the 25 suicides.

For capturing low level pets, a Terrible Turnip is great because it has an attack that will not reduce the enemy pet below 1 health.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
For leveling against wild pets, the theoretical best team is

Mechanical pet to counter the many Beasts.

Something with Beast moves to counter the many Critters (could be a Beast or Aquatic crocolisk or Dragonkin Chrominius)

Magic pet to counter the many Flyers and Aquatics

Many other pets are quite good as well, especially many with heals. They can reduce downtime between pet battles.

For powerleveling a low level pet, a level 25 with Explode is nice because all the experience goes to the low level pet if the 25 suicides.

For capturing low level pets, a Terrible Turnip is great because it has an attack that will not reduce the enemy pet below 1 health.

thank you :) I use a mechanical & a beast for leveling/fighting/capturing and also my oozling which is powerful against flying and takes less dmg from aquatic (I find a lot of toads join the battles!)

I'm just fairly new to this and wish there was an easy way for someone to just tell me how to do it! hahah
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]