Vampire Genre, what is the appeal

90 Goblin Shaman
12/05/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Near Dark

Yeah this is also a great movie. I would say The Lost Boys, Near Dark & Interview are the best Vampire movies ever

though I do like Bramstokers Dracula and Mel Brooks Dracula a lot too =P
Edited by Temnozar on 12/5/2012 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah this is also a great movie. I would say The Lost Boys, Near Dark & Interview are the best Vampire movies ever

HOLY CRAP I found someone who knows about this movie!

Awesome
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I dislike vampire stuff & avoid it as much as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Let Me In still one of the best modern vampire movies.

Both versions.

oh yeah those are good too can't beleive I forgot aboot them =P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

Both versions.

Let the Right One In is a masterpiece! I can't believe I forgot about that one!

However, I think it was a horrible idea to do the Americanized version "Let Me In". I haven't seen it, and I don't plan to. We're lucky they haven't tried to Americanize Pan's Labyrinth yet!
Edited by Cowbacca on 12/5/2012 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

Both versions.

Let the Right One In is a masterpiece! I can't believe I forgot about that one!

However, I think it was a horrible idea to do the Americanized version "Let Me In". I haven't seen it, and I don't plan to. We're lucky they haven't tried to Americanize Pan's Labyrinth yet!

the american version really isn't that bad. Did it need to be done nope but it s pretty good
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Both versions.

Yes, I enjoyed the movie greatly as the characters developed in a beautiful manner culminating splendidly.....I want to discuss spoilers now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I like some Vampire movies but not all. I don't like any Twilight movies. I like Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview with the Vampire, The Lost Boys

Butt-Head: I will fight for you until your heart stops beating. Can I have some of your popcorn?
Edited by Grumgore on 12/6/2012 4:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Some of the current vampire stuff I like. Some I don't. I love the Underworld series. I love the way vampires are portrayed in that movie. It did however irk me a bit that we never actually saw a vampire feed on a human until the newest one when Selene bit that truck driver who shot her in the head.

I hate Twilight. It's the cheesiest crap I've ever seen. It screams "teenage girl movie!" There's no blood. The vamps all sparkle in sunlight instead of burning up as they rightfully should. They SPARKLE! I mean that is beyond ridiculous. Also when they die they break apart like a porcelain doll. There's no blood or gore. Nothing about them would make someone think "vampire".

I do like TrueBlood because it displays vampires as most everyone is familiar with. They're bloodthirsty, violent, charming, overtly sexual and cunning. They can't go into the daylight without burning up. When you stake one, it collapses into a pile of blood and guts. That's the kind of stuff I expect from vampires. There's also a love story but it's not so overwhelmingly romantic in nature that I find it off putting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I am still waiting for the Anita Blake books to get turned into TV or Movies. The Vampires in that world are broken down into lineages. The with different types of vamps each coming from a specific ancient. Their ruling council decides which lineage gets to create new vamps each century or so.

Right now it's the Sexy Vamps turn, but one of the previous types turn into rotting corpses when they feed and there was one Ancient who was pretty much a cave man

It's a good series of books, at least up until Obsidian Butterfly, after that one they kind of turn into !@#$.

Edit: wow, so we are censoring work around net-slang now are we. That's just sad Blizz
Edited by Drakmor on 12/7/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Actually know what they need to turn into TV or Movie

The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley

That'll kill the "Vampires are sparkly, sensitive, angsty, pretty boys"
Edited by Drakmor on 12/8/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]