Holy priests still too weak

90 Blood Elf Priest
+25% from sanctuary on AOE spells isn’t enough. It should be much more (+40% or more).
Also +40 yards on POH from the targeted player instead of 30 yards. That alone should decently bring back some healing that is totally lost even to overhealing right now. I don’t think everyone is using GRID POH or Vhudho to optimize POH, and my opinion is that we shouldn’t have to use a particular mod to optimize a healing spell. If we need the AI of a mod to properly heal, then that spell should be sent back to the design board for redesign from scratch. It is so wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Holy Priests aren't weak. The main issue is that Holy's mana suffers considerably in comparison to Discipline right now. PoH is also designed around overhealing, and affects Disc as much as—if not more than—Holy.

So what you're proposing would be a straight buff to Disc as well.
Reply Quote
You don't need an addon to optimize POH. You can set the standard raid frames to show parties together.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think Vernia is alluding to Vuhdo's cluster option, which will indicate who is within range of a certain player.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
PoH requires cooridination to maximize. Assign parties to go specific directions. Yell at them if they range the "core" player you intend to PoH off of.

It really works. Personally, I've given up on ranged spread chain healing completely. There is always the 1 dude who is at the lowest health in the raid who is totally out of range of it bouncing to someone else... which is why he is at low health in the first place because he is ranging PoH/WG/CoH/etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sanctuary suffers from bad Coefficients, thats what is hurting it.
its only 3k a tick now, needs to be around 50% coefficient. so its healing around 9k (basically a renew).

id like to see it changed outright to healing for 2% Hp per a second.

That will put it at

9k per second on 450k
7k heal on 350k
Edited by Ezri on 12/4/2012 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Elethia
I think Vernia is alluding to Vuhdo's cluster option, which will indicate who is within range of a certain player.

Yes, the cluster feature of Vudho is insanely powerful but it is a shame that you need to use it to be somewhat competitive. In other words you need to use Vudho and the AOE advice feature, playing assisted by an Artificial Intelligence that computes all the possibilities and shows you the best ones with an icon per group.

Having sanctuary chakra buffing POH spread range to 40 yards from 30 yards would help a lot those not using Vudho and alikes.
I disagree with the POH design if it is assuming the use of Vudho.
And that could be the problem holy priests are facing when they are pumping groups up with POH but are only hitting 2 players. This is not reported anywhere as overhealing. You just only heal 2 players for 1 cast and you are burning your mana away at a crazy rate like many are reporting.

Disc priests are in a better shape because DA PWS and spirit shell are dramatically reducing their over healing. I actually see spirit shell as an abomination. You cannot do anything against a good disc priest that times that spell well. He/she just takes over and moonwalks everyone, spirit shell taking precedence over any other spells.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
PoH requires cooridination to maximize. Assign parties to go specific directions. Yell at them if they range the "core" player you intend to PoH off of.

It really works. Personally, I've given up on ranged spread chain healing completely. There is always the 1 dude who is at the lowest health in the raid who is totally out of range of it bouncing to someone else... which is why he is at low health in the first place because he is ranging PoH/WG/CoH/etc.

Yes it works well if others cooperate and that the raid leader is thoughtful and willing to balance the groups to maximize your POH, but you cannot always expect their full cooperation, particularly in PUGS and LFRs.
I used to do it, but I gave up doing it as I was getting labelled as ‘needy’.
Reply Quote
If your raid leader refuses to balance groups to maximize the effectiveness of your healing team, you need a new raid leader.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Alifer
If your raid leader refuses to balance groups to maximize the effectiveness of your healing team, you need a new raid leader.
'

^^ Pretty much this. I've never met a raid leader who outright refused to let a Priest organize the groups so that their heals were effective.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy's problem is mana. Give us something instead of just Fiend. We don't even have a secondary resource (not that I want one).

I want to see some variation of Holy Concentration returned asap.

Or make holy's Hymn of Hope much more powerful than Disc's, much like Divine Hymn use to be.
Edited by Senari on 12/4/2012 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/04/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Alifer

Or you weedle your way into being a raid leader so you don't have to bother anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Senari
Or make holy's Hymn of Hope much more powerful than Disc's, much like Divine Hymn use to be.

You'll want it selfish, too, because if it's more powerful than Disc's, then it's also more powerful for your raid members.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Tiriél

You'll want it selfish, too, because if it's more powerful than Disc's, then it's also more powerful for your raid members.

Yes, it would grant X to our allies and always grant Y to us.

Another idea I had was for our fiend to be semi special, increasing total spirit by X while the fiend was active.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Tiriél
'

^^ Pretty much this. I've never met a raid leader who outright refused to let a Priest organize the groups so that their heals were effective.

In time during last expansion I had a guild group fed up with my requirements to re organize groups, I even ended benched in the middle of the Firelands as I could not sustain a non cooperating 10 group on heroic Rhyolith. I was not using Vudho yet at that time that was my mistake but RL was fed up with balancing groups for POH.

I no longer am part of that guild and I don’t have the time nor dedication to do heroics raids again.
Yet I still do normal 10 at the occasion and often the LFR. I can work around unbalanced group most of the time thx to Vudho but why should I ? POH is the last spell in game that is group dependant.
Mana tide, COH, tranquillity, chain heal, holy nova… they all have been group only a long time ago but they were changed to overcome that limitation. And POH was just forgotten.

So let me ask again, why are holy priest still that weak? Or is it because they aren’t in fact weak and it is the masses that just don’t understand how to play them well? Would the holy priests community needs a holy workshop done by devs to demonstrate how the spec was designed to be played ?

On Disc, I maintain that spirit shell is an abomination. That spell is just pushing back horrible amount of overhealing onto other healers (I know, I tried the spec, its fun when you play it, but it sucks to play and heal against a disc priest that locks everything under shields).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Vernia
In time during last expansion I had a guild group fed up with my requirements to re organize groups, I even ended benched in the middle of the Firelands as I could not sustain a non cooperating 10 group on heroic Rhyolith. I was not using Vudho yet at that time that was my mistake but RL was fed up with balancing groups for POH.

Meaning no insult, but your group sounds like it was full of idiots, and you are quite honestly better off without them.

I no longer am part of that guild and I don’t have the time nor dedication to do heroics raids again.
Yet I still do normal 10 at the occasion and often the LFR. I can work around unbalanced group most of the time thx to Vudho but why should I ? POH is the last spell in game that is group dependant.
Mana tide, COH, tranquillity, chain heal, holy nova… they all have been group only a long time ago but they were changed to overcome that limitation. And POH was just forgotten.

Because you have Circle of Healing as Holy, as well as Sanctuary.

So let me ask again, why are holy priest still that weak? Or is it because they aren’t in fact weak and it is the masses that just don’t understand how to play them well? Would the holy priests community needs a holy workshop done by devs to demonstrate how the spec was designed to be played ?

Holy Priests are not weak right now. Their largest weakness is their mana, not PoH.

On Disc, I maintain that spirit shell is an abomination. That spell is just pushing back horrible amount of overhealing onto other healers (I know, I tried the spec, its fun when you play it, but it sucks to play and heal against a disc priest that locks everything under shields).

Then your co-healers are idiots who don't know how to heal as part of a team. When I Spirit Shell the raid, my Druid Co-healer holds his Tranq for whatever big incoming damage I'm shielding for. When I don't have SS on CD, or I simply can't get it out (something goes wrong), he pops in with his beautiful Tranq and I hug him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy Priests are not weak right now. Their largest weakness is their mana, not PoH.

Truefact. Output feels amazing as Holy, sexy burst/reactivity, but mana goes down and never comes back. Maybe we're just too used to Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Holy priests are strong AoE healing right now, maybe too strong...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Skryt
Holy priests are strong AoE healing right now, maybe too strong...

I don't know if I agree that they're "too" strong. They seem to be about in a balanced place, because while their healing is quite strong, they are very limited by their sustainability.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Disc priests whining that Holy anything is *too strong* right now should lose their priesting privileges.

I'm really loathe to do this but...

STAHP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]