Holy priests still too weak

90 Tauren Priest
Echo of Light alone will give you over 5% overheals a majority of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Skryt
Holy priests are strong AoE healing right now, maybe too strong...

No.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
are Holy Priests Taking Mindbender? I don't even use that. I also run 10 man with a Resto Druid, so sitting in Chakra: Sanctuary would spell uncertain doom. I mostly spend time in Serenity and just change to Sanctuary as needed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
FFS
12/03/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Vernia
Also +40 yards on POH from the targeted player instead of 30 yards.

Ugh, i vomited in my mouth a little
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Feythylan
are Holy Priests Taking Mindbender? I don't even use that. I also run 10 man with a Resto Druid, so sitting in Chakra: Sanctuary would spell uncertain doom. I mostly spend time in Serenity and just change to Sanctuary as needed.

There's really no reason for a Holy Priest NOT to take Mindbender. It's the best talent in that tier.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Holy is not weak at all. Most of the healing classes are doing fine. Are there improvements to be made? Sure there are for every healing class. Saying that your healer spec is weak is just pointing the finger when the real problem is you are a bad healer. Improve yourself and learn how to heal each fight individually and you wont be needing to make threads about it :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Maxisquid
Holy is not weak at all. Most of the healing classes are doing fine. Are there improvements to be made? Sure there are for every healing class. Saying that your healer spec is weak is just pointing the finger when the real problem is you are a bad healer. Improve yourself and learn how to heal each fight individually and you wont be needing to make threads about it :)

whoosh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Running 7.5k spirit (not including trinket's effective spirit), I have no problem keeping my mana up with holy. For reference, my raid group is 6/6, 4/6. On garalon I pull 90k hps (and don't oom.)

If you are having problems with mana in sanctuary, it's likely because you are over spamming PoH and trying to top people off too much, or you're using sanctuary when you should be in serenity. You should be using CoH, and PoM on cooldown. Also, whenever more than 7 people in your raid are below 100%, cascade will provide massive HpM. Additionally, in 10 mans do not cast Sanctuary unless you have 6+ targets standing in it for the full duration (this almost never happens).

In serenity stance, holy priests should NEVER lose a ton of mana. The highest throughput we have is rolling renews with heal (and often keeping PoM on cd.) It's easy to keep 4 improved-renews rolling at a time assuming you're properly statted for haste. This is highly mana efficient. In fights with a lot of single target damage, Holy priests should also be specced into FDCL to aid in the rolling of heals.

For those of you nosey armory peakers, don't look too much into my stat allocation (other than spirit). I'm currently reforged/gemmed for a weird disc/holy hybridization.
Edited by Nialeen on 12/12/2012 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'll sell you all some spirit potions to help with that mana regen!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]