What are your desired Character Models?

We know now that Blizzard has not only changed the Character Creation screen, but is also making some "tweaks" to the Character Models. Details are few and very secret, but I was wondering: If you could change the Character Models in any way, how would you? I have these three, since I'm an RPer and was ALWAYS jelly of NPCs...

1.) All races should be able to look like their NPC brethren. In the game and in lore, there is a variety of skins and features on the races, but these three especially to me: Orc, Troll, Blood Elf. I've always wanted to play as a Fel or Dragonmaw Orc, an Amani or Drakkari Troll, and a Fel or Undead Blood Elf.

2.) Barber shops should give the option of tatooing your character. When looking at Cultists of Scourge and Twilight, they have these ash-grey faces with black streaks going down over their eyes. Wildhammer Dwarves also have facial and scalp tatoos. Why taunt us with their flaunts of awesomeness?!

3.) In the Creation Screen, there should be a customization bar that allows you to change your height. Now, I know this one would open the floodgates of some kind, but there are NPCs and RPers that go around as a different size. For example, the Frostmane Trolls in Dwarf Starter Zone are much smaller than others and the Elixir of Giant's Growth is highly-desired and used in RPs. I'm not asking that everyone should be able to choose ant-height or that of a Vrykul, but let us do SOME customizing of that sort.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It'd be nice to have some differing models for each race.

Such as non-bodybuilder human men/draenei, and non-lanky trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Better faces. I'm pretty sure the one I'm using right now is the only acceptable face for a male Human. (And that's not even bragging or anything, that's a serious concern on my part.)

A leaner muscular build would be nice too, especially for casters.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
at this point the only hope I have is their archetypical orc is more Thrall and less Garrosh
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Exactly what we need. It's like choosing the origins of that particular character. Orcs ave many origins, so do trolls. They deserve much better than the current general-folk-looking choices.

As for Fel Blood Elves, I always thought the blood elves should look like those. Evn in WC3, they are not eye-candy. In some way, they are meant to look like drug-users (with those scary, demonic eyes)

Hohoho! Guild Wars 2 has all those features >.>

Yes, Blizzard, see it? Clear? gUILD wARS 2 has it all! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/04/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Sydonis
Hohoho! Guild Wars 2 has all those features >.>

I must admit Guild Wars 2 smokes WoW when it comes to proper character customization.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I only have two requests;

A: I would like a beard that has animations, not this old thing that looks like it was made from clay.

B: I would like better legs. I would like to wear my boots without looking like I have green buckets on my feet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The chuck norris Human model from the old commercial would be fine with me. Would also like to have additional special attack animations for every race. Every single time I use an ability I go through the same motions, I would like to see 1-2 more different swing motions added for two-handed / 1-handed combat.

I think melee get the shaft in this department. Casters do the same animation over and over also, but they have different flashy visuals for each spell cast and buff. Melee don't change from 1-90.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I want muscular female Draenei. Mord is supposed to be more muscular than her model implies, longer tails too, despite she doesn't have hers anymore. I'd also like them to fix the Draenei females CURVED. SPINE. and the way their shoulders are bent back that makes shoulder armor sit weird on them.

I also want to see Gnomes a little taller, at least the size of Goblins. Their size as it is right now is currently outlandishly small, and most armor looks awful on them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think a general update to my character would be nice. And I'd like to have less of a Muscular build and more of an Athletic build.

Also, I'd like my attack animations to be more interesting and fluid. The Pandaren attack animations are amazing, combining fluid movements with an interesting fighting stance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
12/04/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Mordstreich
I want muscular female Draenei. Mord is supposed to be more muscular than her model implies, longer tails too, despite she doesn't have hers anymore. I'd also like them to fix the Draenei females CURVED. SPINE. and the way their shoulders are bent back that makes shoulder armor sit weird on them.

http://fav.me/d4rf9x1

Thought you might find this interesting. It's a short image about sexual dimorphism, and there is an awesome image of a more muscular female draenei that better matches the male.

I want my belf to be able to wear shoulder armor properly. Shoulder armor on male belves look like they are either floating off the shoulders, or about to fall off.

I would also love for my belf to be able to stand up straight or sit straight. I hate that weird angle they always have their torsos turned to whenever they stand or sit. It looks uncomfortable, and the male belves look like they can't get enough air in them when they breathe.
Reply Quote
I would love it if we got a choice in body types. If people want ripped males, cool, but a mage that looks like he could bench-press a Toyota is silly, to say the least.

Females, likewise. A choice between slender and muscular builds would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would love different body builds or sub races. I would love to be a beefed up Amani troll or fel orc warrior :)
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Kaelgos
I would love different body builds or sub races. I would love to be a beefed up Amani troll or fel orc warrior :)

Speaking of orcs... they really need to close their mouths, don't they?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'd just like the Darkspear to not be quite so stringy. Not amani or drakkari bulky, but a bit bigger.

I'd love if they and the orcs lost their hunch, or at least had it less pronounced. I was tired of looking like a peon with my old orc character...

I'd like if the goblins lost a bit of their jersey-shore-ness and regained a bit of their zaniness from WC3.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
Female Trolls need to be able to blink.

Besides that, I think many of the updated models used for the racial leaders have some good ideas. Thrall's got the straightened spine, Varian's got the higher polygon count (and no harelip).

Aside from some animation issues (re: Male Night Elf casting animation looks weird), some races don't need revamps as extensive as others.

I suspect, for example, the human model will keep looking human, only sharper.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Add more "meat" to Blood Elf women. And more pixels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The chuck norris Human model from the old commercial would be fine with me. Would also like to have additional special attack animations for every race. Every single time I use an ability I go through the same motions, I would like to see 1-2 more different swing motions added for two-handed / 1-handed combat.

I think melee get the shaft in this department. Casters do the same animation over and over also, but they have different flashy visuals for each spell cast and buff. Melee don't change from 1-90.

Absolutely this! ^^^ It is even worse as a rogue with daggers. All he ever does it stab, stab, stab. And then does an over-dramatic dragon punch for eviscerate and hermorhage. Bleh. Melee Male BE animations are pretty bad imo. I hope that they redo all the animations instead of just reskinning the models.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Even out gnomish proportions

Make trolls, orcs, and worgen stand up straight.

Give all races the ability to choose body types and alter various body parts.( A human mage should not look like he ties an arcane tome to a barbell and reads while lifting)

Make Male Draenei a bit less bulky overall

Female Blood Elves need to eat more

Night elves need to have their proportions fixed

Slim down female dwarves a bit, make their boobs less bouncy.

Tauren need better facial options
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Evilgenius
Make Male Draenei a bit less bulky overall

12/04/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Evilgenius
Slim down female dwarves a bit, make their boobs less bouncy.

You just went full heresy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]