What are your desired Character Models?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Male Night Elves should look like younger Illidan in The Well of Eternity instance.

I mean look at him http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/resized/255329.jpg he looks amazing. They also need eyebrow options that don't include a beard.

Scars, and tattoos, for all races would be nice.

Blood Elves need a Fel-elf option.

and...

Human males, need a complete overhaul.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
All the races that look like compulsive weight lifters should be able to slim down to look more archetypical for magic users. Roidmage doesn't work for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/04/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Mordstreich
Make Male Draenei a bit less bulky overall

Slim down female dwarves a bit, make their boobs less bouncy.

You just went full heresy.

Just saying Male Draenei look top heavy. They can still be fit, but less of this walking fridge look.

and female dwarves and lovely and plump, and they should keep that, but their proportions look a bit off and their boobs go crazy whenever they so much as take a step.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind if humans looked like the Starcraft 2 Terrans. Something Jim Raynor like maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
A general poly-count and resolution update wouldn't cut it. I'd like to see some more character creation options, such as a weight slider or body type slider, etc.
Melee really need more diverse special attacks. Maybe give each race a special attack 'cycle', so when you chain melee abilities together it flows fluently, with an 'ending' animation that flows into the 'starting' animation, with between 3-5 animations overall. Melee Combat would look alot less 2004.
More casting animations, facial rigging for every race, Undead without the awful protruding bones, Male Orcs with less slouch, Male Draenei with more balanced porportions, BElf males without the ridiculous puffed-out chest, Draenei Females with less swayback, Humans and Night Elves without the gorilla arms and with distinct wrists, Female Trolls with working eyelids, etc. would be nice too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
please please please stop making night elves look like they are cutting off their own legs with fist weapons and off-handers....
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I want to make my character fat. I want him to look more closely to that farmer you talk to in borean tundra who gives you quests to attack the undead who invaded. I want to look like i ate so many mana cakes im about to burst. I don't want my guy to be a roid freak but a cake freak.

Give me the chace to make my guy an ugly lard-ball slob and i'll love it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Exactly what we need. It's like choosing the origins of that particular character. Orcs ave many origins, so do trolls. They deserve much better than the current general-folk-looking choices.

As for Fel Blood Elves, I always thought the blood elves should look like those. Evn in WC3, they are not eye-candy. In some way, they are meant to look like drug-users (with those scary, demonic eyes)

Hohoho! Guild Wars 2 has all those features >.>

Yes, Blizzard, see it? Clear? gUILD wARS 2 has it all! :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606361371
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
Tauren need far, far more polygons. I mean if you look at them without their armor they look no more detailed than Gnolls or Quillboar.

Kill the Female Nelf bounce. Male Nelfs need better animations, make them feel a lot less plastic-like lanky.

Orcs with straighter backs. I mean they had Nazgrim in the 5.0 opening with a straight back.

Trolls females. They need so much work...starting with the ability to blink.

Options for undead players to not have bones showing.

More polygons on Dwarf beards. Make them move realistically in movement.

Human male faces...get rid of the durr hairlip.

Everything else in vanilla is alright, just needs an upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I want Undead to look less like old people with a bad case of scoliosis.
Edited by Grimtale on 12/4/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://www.wowpedia.org/File:ForestTrollLordArt.JPG

I wanna be this guy, but blue.

Including the Mohawk.

That said, I think it'd be really cool if Tauren could have things like, feathers in their braids and paint on their muzzles.

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Glowei_Baine_Bloodhoof.jpg?c=1

For being Baine, that picture is awesome.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/4/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/04/2012 03:17 AMPosted by Zaevious
1.) All races should be able to look like their NPC brethren. In the game and in lore, there is a variety of skins and features on the races, but these three especially to me: Orc, Troll, Blood Elf. I've always wanted to play as a Fel or Dragonmaw Orc, an Amani or Drakkari Troll, and a Fel or Undead Blood Elf.

YES!

2.) Barber shops should give the option of tatooing your character. When looking at Cultists of Scourge and Twilight, they have these ash-grey faces with black streaks going down over their eyes. Wildhammer Dwarves also have facial and scalp tatoos. Why taunt us with their flaunts of awesomeness?!

YES!

I love how the Male Draenei can have those claw marks on their face.

3.) In the Creation Screen, there should be a customization bar that allows you to change your height. Now, I know this one would open the floodgates of some kind, but there are NPCs and RPers that go around as a different size. For example, the Frostmane Trolls in Dwarf Starter Zone are much smaller than others and the Elixir of Giant's Growth is highly-desired and used in RPs. I'm not asking that everyone should be able to choose ant-height or that of a Vrykul, but let us do SOME customizing of that sort.

YES!

One thing I don't like about playing as a Night Elf is that I'm taller than most people. It's a minor gripe to be sure, but in real life I'm only average height. And I'm not the "tall, thin" type-- I'm bulky. Big. Some height/weight options would be great. Though Blizzard would have to keep the sliders conservative, else-wise we'd get way too many people trying to look ridiculous(like the obese guys in The Old Republic).

And here are the minor things I want:

Night Elves:

-Let Males have facial markings around their eyes as well.

-Give some of the more spiky hair styles of the Blood Elves to the Night Elves(it's not fair that Blood Elves get Night Elf hair styles but Night Elves don't ._.)

-More hair colour options.

-Give the males some more facial expressions to bring them on par with the females.

Humans:

-Reduce the traps size of the males(the muscles around the neck area). If the rest of the muscle has to be toned down to make it fit, so be it. They look like body builders as they are, which is very unrealistic.

-Give more detail to the face.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I want some full blodd elf beards. Im tired of this littlefinger thing going on. Also Id like undead blood elves
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I still want to have muscle regardless of class. Choice is good amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Less scoliosis for the horde races.

I can't even make out tabards on my orc because it looks like he's bent over to look for floor pennies.

Elf models for the Undead would be nice as well. I'm pretty sure the Scourge (and therefore the Foresaken) was made up with plenty of both races.

I would also like a 2H animation on my tauren that doesn't involve little hops.
Edited by Draugjin on 12/4/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Pretty much exactly what they seem to be doing. Realizing each of the classic races with the style and whimsical detail and expressive animations you see in the Goblin, Worgen and Pandaren player models.

When it comes to anatomical proportions and sexual dimorphism I find the criticisms are mostly silly aesthetic qualms who just don't like over the top cartoon characters that value personality and emotional impact over biology or beauty. I would like to see Orcs stand up straight like Thrall or Garrosh and his general in the Jade Forest intro. Orcs are supposed to have their necks at a slight angle protruding from their shoulders while their back and shoulders are not hunched. I think it's possible they may change player models as they've been changing all the orcs in game cut scenes and brand new models to reflect this.

I can't effing wait, it's the single most important aspect of WOW I care about as an 8 year player. I adore watching the character models navigate WOW's worlds and controling them like puppets or action figures I can explore a miniature diorama with.

As Blizzard has toyed with Wildhammer tattoos in the past, allowing them in CATA's beta for a short time for players, as well as Ghostcrawler's recent tweet admitting they've toyed with adding Mag'har skin options among other "sub races", I am hoping this project gives them the time and incentive to expand on customization as well as update things.

Frost and Iron and Earthen and Dark Iron skins for dwarves.
Fel red tint and brown tints for Orcs.
Worgen with Night Elf options as well as human options like the original Druids of the Scythe.
I'd also love to see Blood Elves stand up straight like the Silvermoon Guards.

If they are saving these for the next expansion, which everything seems to have pointed to since their announcement, I am thinking these will take the place of a new player race and allow the effort needed for more skins and hairstyles.

Knowing Blizzard's design philosophy, I would not expect multiple body options in a million years.
Edited by Elrith on 12/4/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/04/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Grimtale
I want Undead to look less like old people with a bad case of scoliosis.

12/04/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Draugjin
Less scoliosis for the horde races.

T H I S.

I don't play mostly Blood Elves because I wuv blood elves so very very much. I play them because the rest of the Horde all carries themselves like bumbling neanderthals.

Orcs! You're supposed to be a race mighty and proud! Stand tall like you mean it! Right now you look fit only to be ringing bells and lending a hand to mad scientists. You guys didn't have this problem before! WC1, WC2, even WC3. Thrall remembers! He has it right, and he's supposed to be the ideal Orc.

Forsaken! The lumbering zombie thing was find when you were mindless lumbering zombies. Unfortunately, the entire concept of your character and civilization is that you -aren't- mindless lumbering zombies. SO KNOCK IT OFF!!! You don't look like you could make it out of a Romero movie without eating the business end of something sharp and motorized, let alone take over the world.

Trolls? ... Actually, why don't you guys work on getting your women the capacity to blink before you do anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Elrith
Worgen with Night Elf options as well as human options like the original Druids of the Scythe.

I have to disagree with this one but i like the rest you are saying. The worgen you play are all human and the original night elf worgen cannot change back into night elves at all. Their problem is rather than have balance they gave into the feral side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Dryker
Trolls? ... Actually, why don't you guys work on getting your women the capacity to blink before you do anything else.

Never challenge a troll female to a staring contest.

Speaking of eyes....human females.....they just creep me out.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/04/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Dalorell

I have to disagree with this one but i like the rest you are saying. The worgen you play are all human and the original night elf worgen cannot change back into night elves at all. Their problem is rather than have balance they gave into the feral side.

Maybe some of the Human Worgen helped bring them back?

I wouldn't mind some Night Elf Worgen it could provide an interesting story.

Most of the suggestion been said I would like, especially Tattoos and this should of been in game a long time ago.

Would also like Subrace Looks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]