I need your input.

85 Night Elf Druid
Hello,

I'm looking at re-rolling on another server, possibly with a new account. I'm looking to re-roll horde and after doing some, admittedly minimal research on my own, I've decided that Cho`gall is a server that I'm interested in. Rather than give you a blanket statement of omg guiz iz this a gud server, let me explain what I'm looking for.

1. A fun community. Immaturity and things of that nature won't scare me off, but I'd prefer that the general community be above that stuff most of the time. Let's be honest, everyone can be immature at times.

2. PVP. Given that this is a pvp realm, I would assume that the pvp is better than on most PVE servers? I'm essentially done raiding and would like to branch into the pvp aspect of the game, post leveling. Would Cho`gall be a good fit for this?

3. AH activity. I enjoy playing the AH. How's the economy?

Hopefully this doesn't garner the wall of text complaints, as I tried to keep it short and to the point. I look forward to the replies and any information that you, the community, have about your server.

Thanks,
Vava
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Vavaboom
1. A fun community. Immaturity and things of that nature won't scare me off, but I'd prefer that the general community be above that stuff most of the time. Let's be honest, everyone can be immature at times.

All I hear are complaints about the majority of Cho'gall Horde players and that's coming from my Horde friends.

2. PVP. Given that this is a pvp realm, I would assume that the pvp is better than on most PVE servers? I'm essentially done raiding and would like to branch into the pvp aspect of the game, post leveling. Would Cho`gall be a good fit for this?

If you're gonna re-roll here to Cho'gall as Horde for PvP, you'll probably be disappointed. With the realm imbalance so great, it's just like a PvE realm.

The AH is good I hear.

Regards,
Orren
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for your input. How is the server on the alliance side then?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Pretty much dead.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Vavaboom
Thank you for your input. How is the server on the alliance side then?

I'd only roll Alliance here if you're ready to quit the game and wanna use the rest of your game time up.

If you do deiced to role Alliance, don't rely on the AH AT ALL. The imbalance of the realm is about 17 to 1 or so Horde favor.

I take it you've never read up on Cho'gall before?

-Orren
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you want to PvP as horde on a good server, then I'd point you in the direction of Illidan. I assume from your lack of server knowledge that you're probably not the best pvper. Go to Illidan, try to find high ranked players of your class and get on their good side. From my experience, kids at ratings 1800-2250 are elitist !@#$%. If you can find someone who is a legitimate Gladiator, they're usually the ones who are really nice and willing to help.

Find yourself a mentor(s), that's what I did. And you're not going to find a good mentor on Cho'gall horde, that's for damn sure.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I don't know how much insight I can/should offer since I am only level 42 as of this post...but so far I like it here. I have horde toons on this server and decided to shake things up and get an alliance toon or two leveled. So far, points for maturity and friendliness are in order, and even though the AH blows, it seems very easy to network and find someone to help you get what you need. Plus, everybody seems to know everybody else. I dig it. As I close in on 90, my feelings might be different, but so far I do not regret this decision at all :)

I hope you find the server that is right for you!! :)
Edited by Desertgrape on 12/4/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/04/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Orren
The imbalance of the realm is about 17 to 1 or so Horde favor.

It's prob worse than that.

12/04/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Omnigeddon
Find yourself a mentor(s), that's what I did. And you're not going to find a good mentor on Cho'gall horde, that's for damn sure.

LOL both sides of this server have low ball pvpers lol.
Edited by Viralinfect on 12/5/2012 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/05/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Viralinfect
LOL both sides of this server have low ball pvpers lol.

You mean like you?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i have been playing on cho'gall for a good three years, was here for the releases: wrath, cata, and now panderia, so i feel i can give you quite a bit of info when it comes to this.

cho'gall certainly has that, plus plenty of trolls, i was the target of most of the trolling when i started my guild, but it has gotten better. We all try to have fun, with the cross realm thing, there are plenty of people to talk to. it's great to hear that you are open minded, we need more of that on cho'gall, on both sides.

if you play ally, you will have to face a swarm of horde, they hang out in packs and gank you on sight (well for me anyways) for PvP it's pretty good, well when the babies get off and the vets come out and school everyone. as long as you know your class, i think you will do fine. this server i think is major pvp hotspot, you see many people disappearing before your eyes because their popped

Ally = dead AH, as in barely anything on the market, or if there is something, it will be bought pretty quickly.
horde = holy cow,you click search and there are like a million of things for sale.

aside from all of that there are a few major guilds, Cho'gall secret service , The zoo (an all druid guild), serenity now, and the "cho'gall police dept", as well as my guild which is level 16 going on 17.

over all i think cho'gall is a fun server, good atmosphere, and there is usually something do. come visit, the more the merrier.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/10/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Omnigeddon
You mean like you?

Well it appears that someone is easy to get all butt hurt when it was a comment not even directed at them. But anyways I'm avg your avg low ball players. I hope we meet some time out in the world so I can adjust your mindset of how good you really are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Who's butthurt? I was just making an observation. We can arrange a meeting anytime you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh boy, two e-tough guys going at it on a forum post that is not only off topic, but that the OP probably isn't even reading this anymore. Can't get more exciting then this.

Who brought the popcorn?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Vavaboom I have been here almost a year now and let me tell you I have met some amazing friends and experienced so much more than was going on, on my old realm. When I first arrived here my old realm was lucky to do 3/8reg DS and my frist night I went 6/8reg DS(pre-nerf) in a group of friendly strangers. I started my guild here and quickly flourished was able to fill a successful 10m group within 3 weeks of recruiting, back in Dragon soul and most members have carried on with us through MoP. I love it here & am glad we made the call to xfer. Also about the gankings/PvP/Horde packs, my members and I try and quest without bothering Ally as they are very low pop on this realm and we kinda just focus on our tasks at hand. But if an Ally gets me, which did happen a week ago while leveling my Mage I play along and come back ready to blow em away or die trying :D Welcome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]