Here is my idea for the next expansion. You are free to use any and all of this material:
Whilst in a celestial state, drifting somewhere between reality and the Dreamrealm, the true form of Lady Sylvanas Windrunner was revealed to Cenarius. Upon awakening, Cenarius became besotted with Lady Sylvanas and sent a small group of Druids to Undercity to seek her. Lady Sylvanas, too, had seen visions of Cenarius the Forest Lord in his true form.
She agreed to meet with the Forest Lord. Their precarious union sealed the fate of Azeroth, and a night of passion saw Sylvanas impregnated with the seed of Forest Lord Cenarius. So strong was Cenarius' seed that even Lady Sylvana's forsaken form could not halt its growth.
The visions seen by Sylvanas and Cenarius were illusions conjured by the Celestial being 'Errus'. Errus is an Absolute Being and Maker who was banished to the recesses of the universe in ancient times, before Azeroth was even a whisper in the winds.
Errus has been lost for time immemorial in the universe. Whilst drifting through the cosmos, he discovered Azeroth and resolved to make it his domain. He studied the planet from beyond the stars and hatched his master plan. Cenarius and Lady Sylvanas were his chosen vessels, due to their power and influence within Azeroth.
Errus cast his mist down through the universe and upon the mountains and plains of Azeroth, and this mist sought the souls of Cenarius and Lady Sylvanas. It entered them and began to grow within them. Once the mists had entirely consumed Cenarius and Lady Sylvanas, Errus began to influence their dreams and thoughts. Eventually, his power caused the two to unite and copulate.
From this night of passion, Lady Sylvanas became pregnant. Her child is Errus, the reborn. Errus the Dark Druid. They named the child Sylvarius. They themselves unaware that Sylvarius is the ancient god Errus, seeking rebirth upon Azeroth.
Five in Azeroth knew of this affair. Cenarius and Sylvanas themselves, and the three druids who were sent as messengers to Undercity.
Cenarius, after impregnating Lady Sylvanas was brought to his senses as the mist left his body. He realised that he had been under the influence of a greater power. In turn, he murdered the three druids and cast their bodies into the heavens so that they may never reveal the Secret of the Forest Lord.
Sylvanas, free of the burden of her child, and the corruption of the celestial mist, is also stirred to her senses.
And so, Cenarius and Sylvanas unwillingly become forever intertwined due to Errus' Masterplan. The two name themselves "The Fallen Guardians". They bury their child deep within Stranglethorn Vale and flee to unknown lands.
Sylvarius, now buried deep in the soil of Stranglethorn Vale does not die, as expected. Instead, he grows and taints the land black. Seeks to corrupt all life, he has already sown seeds of darkness across Stranglethorn Vale, and slowly the corruption spreads further across the oceans and lands. The once tranquil jungle is now a Dark Forest which acts as Sylvarius' lair.
· The three druids banished to the heavens are noticed by Elune. They tell her of the tragedy which has befallen Cenarius. Elune, sensing the power of the Sylvarius' corruption realises that she must break her neutrality and aid Azeroth. She communes with A'dal, who in turn summons heroes (players) to confront The Fallen Guardians in the Astral Grove, where Sylvarius and Cenarius have sought solace.
· Upon confronting The Fallen Guardians, the players learn the beginnings of the tragic tale and begin to unlock the Secret of The Forest Lord. As Stranglethorn Vale blackens further and the seas begin to turn blood red. The corruption begins to grow in strength and spreads across the entire continent. The Heroes set out for Sylvarius' Lair.
· Sylvanas and Cenarius have fled to the Astral Grove, a new raid instance. Both the Horde and the Alliance are equally infuriated by the betrayal of the Forsaken Queen and The Forest Lord. For the first time, the Horde and Alliance cast aside their quarrels and can form mixed groups when entering the Astral Grove. Whilst the circumstances of this union are tragic, it is also beneficial, as both factions lack sufficient funds to fuel the war effort due to purchasing Warp Thrust technology from the Goblins.
· Thrall is thrown from his horse whilst escaping from Durnholde, his spine is broken and he dies within minutes. A statue is erected at his place of death, which grants a buff when interacted with. (-50% mount speed, +5 all attributes).
· Worgens, Tauren and Pandaren; The true children of Nature, have defected and formed their own Alliance known as "The Faction of The Furry Three". They have made a home for themselves on a small, tropical island off the coast of Pandaria. 3 new races emerge from this union:
· Taurgen: Bodies of worgen, heads of tauren.
· Pantaurien: Bodies of tauren, heads of pandaren.
· Worpang: Bodies of pandaren, heads of worgen.
· Varian Wrynn fell in love with innkeeper Michelle Belle. The couple flee to the Dark Portal and seek refuge in Outlands. They are now rare NPC's.
· A renegade band of Dwarves have been secretly constructing a Titan beneath the mountains of Dun Morogh. Using shamanic magic, they have brought the colossal behemoth to life. The Titan was infused with evil due to lingering fel-residue in the rocks of the Dun Morogh mountains. The Titan awoke in a rage and smashed its way out of the mountains of Dun Morogh.
· The landscape of Dun Morogh has been completely changed due to this event, and the "Mad Colossus" is now a world boss who roams Dun Morogh. He is tuned for a group of 10 players, ranging from levels 1-5. Guaranteed to drop at least 2 Green BOE items ilvl 7.
· Talents are completely removed for all classes. Every spell and ability in the game is now available each time you gain a level. You can pick and choose from the list as you see fit. With the level 100 cap, you can now truly customise your character by picking any 100 spells you desire from the spell and ability database. NPC spells and abilities are also available to players.
· All characters start with a new universal racial; "Reincarnate". This racial can be used on any defeated opponent. This racial causes the targeted corpse to be reincarnated within the player. The player takes on the appearance of the target, abilities remain unchanged. This lasts until manually debuffed or replaced with the appearance of another corpse.
· Reputation gains now have a "Bolstered" mode, similar to rested XP mode. Completing your first daily of the day grants you the "Bolstered" buff. All reputation gains are now doubled for the current faction you are "Bolstered" under. Defeating enemies within 3 levels of your own level will also add to the reputation of your current Bolstered faction. This buff stacks with faction tabards.
· Level 100 cap
· AQ20 / AQ40 mounts now usable anywhere
· Transmog any item into any other item for free
· Don't need to have an item to transmog, just choose it from a 'wardrobe' NPC
· 100 new hairstyles, colours and facial hair styles etc. for every race
· Bear form is now Walrus form
· Cat form is now Ostrich form
· Arcanite Ripper now plays an excerpt from 'Helter Skelter'
· The Goblins discovered Warp Thrust technology. Flight point travel is now 1000% faster
· The Goblins sold the Warp Thrust technology to both the Alliance & Horde. All flight points have been updated. This has come at a price greater than gold, as the economies of both factions struggle to fund their war efforts.
· All classes gain teleport to any region of the map with a 10 minute cooldown
· Updated character models
· Players can now grow smokable herbs. Requires a Hozen Peace Pipe in order to attain the herbal buffs.
· The forsaken have begun gruesome experiments and created a half goblin, half gnome creature called a 'Gnomeblin'.
· Slyvarius' Curse has begun to change Nature at its very core. 'Treetigers', 'Ogrefish' and 'Trollociraptors' are among some of the abominations which have evolved from the Dark Nature.
· The crashed spacecraft of the Exodar picked up traces of cosmic life as it traveled through the universe. These particles reacted strangely to Azeroth's atmosphere and became sentient. The tiny organisms behaved as a colony and made their way to remote locations on Azuremyst Isle to grow and evolve undisturbed. 'Cosmosis' are the result. These are Elemental Ghoul Aliens.
· A small, but dedicated band of nine Druids formed a dark pact many Eons ago. These powerful seers foresaw the fall of Deathwing and swore that when the great Dragon was defeated, they would recover Deathwings remains and consume them. Deathwings remains now burn within each of the the Druids, known as The Council of Nine. Players must enter the "Chamber of the Councillors" raid instance, located deep within Azshara, and destroy the Druids before Deathwing once again awakens and returns with the strength of the Nine.