Mana burn

100 Blood Elf Priest
Hey blizzard, can we please get mana burn back? Pleaseeeee?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
We still have mana burn, we cast spells and our mana gets burned.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
11/19/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Jessqt
No.

Reasoning?

Every single healing class has insane mana regen... to the point that mana doesn't even matter.

Priests are the only healer spec/class that actually uses mana/has mana issues. Mana burn was always the equalizer. After its removal the mana problems priests have are far more apparent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Not true. Monk healing has some pretty decent mana issues as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd maybe be okay with it being Disc (and maybe Holy)-only.

Shadow really doesn't need it at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i miss it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I for one am thrilled that it's gone though I haven't run any arena this season and as such haven't truly basked in the glory that is 'no more mana burn'.

I disliked mana burn for all the reasons that dispels were changed. It was unappealing game play. I spent the majority of fights spamming mana burn and dispels because I was required to do so to play my class effectively. I prefer a more offensive disc priest and while I do miss ending an AV with 1463 dispels thanks to mass dispel spam these changes make the roll of pvp priest significantly more attractive; dispels were given a lengthy cd and mana burn was no longer the right spell for a game of this nature.

Good riddance and goodbye mana burn.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The issue with mana burn is that it is either too powerful leading to the annoying gameplay requirement to use it constantly or you're doing it wrong or its complete weak-sauce in which case if you are using it you are doing it wrong. This removed the element of choice from players as it was either a greater priority than creating pressure with dots or straight nuking a target or wasn't even on the table because it had no impact.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol, when the news came that you were losing MB...priests were like "W/ez, we don't need it!" and now that you see that you were carried with one spell, it's all QQ's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mana burn kept all the other healers in check.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think it comes back to the mana efficiency argument Lureilya brings up. Currently Priests are the least mana efficient healing class in the game. Our core spells like, PW:S, Flash Heal, Mending, GH,as disc are extremely expensive in relation to their effectiveness.

They used to be offset by things like inner focus, Pennance etc. But the dps outputs at 90 are so high and the CD's for these two spells are so long that they aren't very effective.

Not to mention the blatant dispel nurf and complete removal of mana burn. Give us our efficiency or give us an advantage with dispel and mana burn. There just seems to be no saving grace with priests
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've never had a problem with mana in MoP

And Mana burn was a bad an unbalanced spell. I was sick and tired of being invited to a group just to mana burn things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]