Scourged Whelping anyone? anywhere?

90 Gnome Priest
It's been 3 weeks of doggedly hoping on Tuesday's server maintenance (which has never yielded anything or any spawn at all) and logging on at odd times, all throughout the day. My Battleground (Ruin, I believe) is crazy busy and/or they just are NOT spawning anymore.

Anyone have a battletag share on a low pop battlegroup that can help me out here?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I've had my DK positioned over Ice Crown for weeks, generally hanging out for over half the day. Never seen a spawn. I don't understand people who say they see spawns all the time or big groups of them. Excepting a few hours here and there I sign on my lock to raid or whatever, that DK is ALWAYS logged in over Ice Crown. Not a single spawn. I don't think you're alone.
Edited by Selenora on 11/20/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I replaced my poor with an uncommon this morning, there were 4 left 13 minutes after the servers went up, I was CRZ with dath'remar I believe.

You may want to attempt and make contact with people on the forums and use CRZ to best effect by hopping onto servers with spawns still available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I got a rare after a server restart 3 weeks back. Before that I had been checking on them for 2 weeks everytime I was in the area (which was a lot since I was leveling at the time) and never saw one.

I think folks who report seeing large spawns other then after a server restart are seeing them when they are on the flightpath. CRZ then shows lots of them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/20/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Fozi
I think folks who report seeing large spawns other then after a server restart are seeing them when they are on the flightpath. CRZ then shows lots of them.

I think you are wrong. They have a definite respawn. I captured my rare at 6pm pst with several other up at the time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I caught mine in middle of the day and it was the only one up. This was several days after release, same with my Minfernal. There had not been a restart at the time, or even a few hours before (so one can assume that there are actual spawns, if they are incredibly rare).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Battlegroup*

and its dependant on your CRZ. see if you can get yourself over on Venture Co's CRZ since they're dead.

You also might consider using a toon that hasn't done any quests in icecrown. Phasing feeds on your tears.
Reply Quote
74 Human Death Knight
On another account I have parked in Icecrown I've seen the same level 90 Horde mage logging in every server restart and killing all the scourged whelpings he can possibly get to before otehr people shows up. I've reported him each time but he keeps at it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/20/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Daiyu
On another account I have parked in Icecrown I've seen the same level 90 Horde mage logging in every server restart and killing all the scourged whelpings he can possibly get to before otehr people shows up. I've reported him each time but he keeps at it.

wow....

well, i suppose that could be considered griefing, but i doubt anything would actually happen to him.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Totally waiting for an orphan pet to be introduced so I can put on hellfire and run around when they respawn.

It's the little things.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Something that I noticed while looking for these hard to get pets... Often the people clearing them overlook the ones on the outskirts of the pets range. Nabbed my whelping down on the very southwest tip of its range. Since then, I have seen that spawn still up more than once while no others exist. Same thing with the Silithid hatchling. The minfernals are so covered up in people that I havent even attempted it yet....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Well I've checked 3 server restarts and seen nothing - and no one else around, either. Which is odd because I have a gigantic server (Stormrage) and large battlegroup.

I've brought my 85 Rogue there - she hasn't done a single quest in Icecrown, in fact, I hadn't ever been there before and unlocked only partial of the map when I first got there!

I really wonder what the deal is - perhaps just unlucky. The thing is, people *lie* about seeing them/getting them all the time to just grief people and/or stroke an imaginary epeen. So I really don't take stock of the people who say they seen *loads* of them *all the time* because, well, liars will lie. Hell, I could even photoshop a screen with tons of little paws if I really wanted. I wouldn't put it past some people. 8 years in this game has made me terribly cynical.

I would love a blue response to the question about the spawn timer. Perhaps they share a spawn point with the Frostbrood Whelplings -- but even people on wowhead seem to think that matters very little.

The Scorpling is precisely the same, for what it's worth. No actual 'critter' spawn to try and game the mechanics. You just gotta sit and wait and/or be on at the right place & time I guess.

Every other cool and/or rare spawn you can game. Minfernal, Spawn of Onyxia, etc -- all can be made to spawn by killing critters. But this one. Ugh!

I shudder to think what the Qiraji Guardling is going to be like in the summer. :/
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Same as snowy owl really. Bet you a Minfernal?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I have seen respawns on my crz in about 15 minutes from now. In all honesty unless you are very quick in, hoping to get lucky when people aren't looking probably gives you a far better chance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
You'll get it eventually. Don't be discourged!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/20/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Chibipriest
Well I've checked 3 server restarts and seen nothing - and no one else around, either. Which is odd because I have a gigantic server (Stormrage) and large battlegroup.

I actually have been getting on at restart basically the entire expansion PLUS I've had an alt hanging in the air in Ice Crown probably 50% of the time over the past few months. I've NEVER seen a spawn.

At this point I'm ready to give up on both the Minfernal and the Whelpling. It's soul crushing at this point that I can spend so much wasted time doing nothing in this game and not see a single spawn.

The Scorpling is precisely the same, for what it's worth. No actual 'critter' spawn to try and game the mechanics. You just gotta sit and wait and/or be on at the right place & time I guess.

Go early in the day. I got my Scorpling after hitting the zone for 3 different mornings. I got a gray the first time, a common the second time and the third time I visited the zone, I got a rare (was just hoping for an uncommon so I was happy to get the rare).

In all I think I might have battled 10 Scorplings over a few days.
Edited by Selenora on 11/20/2012 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yeah I've been incredibly lucky and have literally almost every other spawn. Coral Adder was causing some issues (I think it's a phasing issue --- before I did the quests I saw tons and didn't even bother getting it, I didn't think it was rare at the time -- but after I completed the quest line I never saw a spawn again. Perhaps I'll bring an alt.)

Thing is, Coral Adder is just another # really, it is not unique or cool so I can't be arsed to sit around for it. Scourged Whelpling is another story - while I do not like the model at all, it is needed for Zookeeper, so I want it.

FWIW --- a Minfernal can be gamed. Kill the critters around the spawn points and also range out a bit and kill/fight capturable pets in the zone. I got one in this manner within an hour or so. I didn't even have help.

A lot of people just sit and hover and don't kill un-capturable critters. This is a waste of time. In order for a chance for new capturable critters to spawn, the ones alive gotta die :)
Reply Quote
45 Undead Monk
i had better luck hovering around at like 3am server time and a pile of them spawned.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I missed the servers coming back up yesterday because they went up early, but I parked an alt in Icecrown and figured I'd test the theory that they spawn at the same time the rest of the week as when the servers came back up on Tuesday. Sure enough, few minutes past noon on an EST CRZ, little green paw prints started spawning, a couple at a time, over the next 15 or so minutes. No one else was there, there was no one killing anything, just me and the paw prints. Logged out to reset two breed 6/16 greens and snagged a breed 8/18 rare.

Tomorrow, I'll check the scorplings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]