Need a healer for this weekend....

90 Tauren Paladin
Due to the holiday's Sand is looking for a healer to raid this weekend. Raid time will be Sunday at 3 pm server. Going to go at least 4/6 in MSV. Must be at least 463 ilvl.

Message me for details.
Edited by Heâvenslîght on 11/20/2012 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/20/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Heâvenslîght
holiday's

this is why blackwater raiders has no progression.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Pretty much. Imagine - people actually having a life outside of a game. It's shameful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/20/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Joynal
Pretty much. Imagine - people actually having a life outside of a game. It's shameful.

joynal no

reread it

11/20/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Heâvenslîght
holiday's

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/punctuation-errors-apostrophe-for-plurals/
Edited by Kerrath on 11/20/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I saw it. I don't nitpiick over things like that. I suck at typing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
unacceptable
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
tough
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
joynal it's one thing to suck at typing. it's another thing to be lazy while typing. and it is yet another thing entirely to be horrible with grammar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/20/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Kerrath
joynal it's one thing to suck at typing. it's another thing to be lazy while typing. and it is yet another thing entirely to be horrible with grammar.

Maybe you should set an example by using capitol letters at the start of your sentences. Also using 'and' at the start of a sentence is usually frowned upon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
i exhibit laziness, not a lack of knowledge. i have no qualms about being seen as lazy.
Edited by Kerrath on 11/20/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
Laziness seems like more of a setback in raiding than a lack of knowledge about grammar.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Shhhh. Quiet. Logic has no place in thread derailments.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
11/21/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Grimms
Laziness seems like more of a setback

Tempest Keep was merely a setback.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/21/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Joynal

It's not about healers or this weekend so I think it works out alright.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/21/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Grimms
Laziness seems like more of a setback in raiding than a lack of knowledge about grammar.

not really. effective communication skills are, hands down, the most important quality a raider can have.

a good raider does a lot of reading. someone with poor grammar skills does not do a lot of reading. i might be typing with lowercase letters right now, but were i writing a guide on how to play my class, or tips on how to approach a boss encounter, i would give a !@#$ about the presentation of this post.

i would never raid with someone who displayed that they did not know the rules of grammar in a way that couldn't be excused through laziness--UNLESS they were a scumbag dps as illustrated below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrW0MY_n7g
Edited by Kerrath on 11/21/2012 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I have to be honest, I was not going to say anything on this post after my initial I need a healer. However, I have decided to pass on my words of wisdom simply because its Happy Noms day and I am hung over enough to not want to move from my chair.

The fact I spelled holidays with holiday's is a mistake on my part. I won't make an excuse other than to say I post usually from my iPhone and rarely ever care about grammar on a forum were I am not sure most people even can read.

11/20/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Kerrath
holiday's

this is why blackwater raiders has no progression.

If you are the same Kerrath from the alliance side, warrior if I remember correctly. I would have to disagree with this statement. I would even venture as far to say that the reason for pitiful progression on Blackwater Raiders is the fact most of you are too impatient, prideful, and just plain annoying to keep any solid raiders around. I remember raiding with Silence once. The "hey cutie pies", joking around, and lack of being able to communicate was astounding. In short, the reason there is no progression on Blackwater Raiders is that all the kids transfer off the server because they fail at making something work here.

To make a quick point since I know it will be brought up. I transferred here because people said a progression horde group can't and will not ever exist here. So I figured I would come work on putting one together.

11/21/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Joynal

I love you. Marry me.

11/21/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Kerrath

not really. effective communication skills are, hands down, the most important quality a raider can have.

a good raider does a lot of reading. someone with poor grammar skills does not do a lot of reading. i might be typing with lowercase letters right now, but were i writing a guide on how to play my class, or tips on how to approach a boss encounter, i would give a !@#$ about the presentation of this post.

i would never raid with someone who displayed that they did not know the rules of grammar in a way that couldn't be excused through laziness--UNLESS they were a scumbag dps as illustrated below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrW0MY_n7g

I would have to disagree here as well. Awareness is by far the most important quality a raider can have. The ability to perform WoW's (<--- used the apostrophe correctly!) three basic raid mechanics is far more important than being able to read and write. Someone can always tell you what to do, but if you aren't aware enough to know when to do it ... I don't know what to tell you other than you should probably find something other than raiding.

Finally, Happy Noms day to all of you. Enjoy whatever you eat with whoever you eat it with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/22/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Heâvenslîght
If you are the same Kerrath from the alliance side, warrior if I remember correctly. I would have to disagree with this statement. I would even venture as far to say that the reason for pitiful progression on Blackwater Raiders is the fact most of you are too impatient, prideful, and just plain annoying to keep any solid raiders around. I remember raiding with Silence once. The "hey cutie pies", joking around, and lack of being able to communicate was astounding. In short, the reason there is no progression on Blackwater Raiders is that all the kids transfer off the server because they fail at making something work here.

Yes, that's me. You must not have a whole lot of experience with upper level guilds if you think that the behavior in Silence was detrimental to its progression. You clearly have no clue what it's like once you get above US1000, let alone US100. Most top-end raiders are WAY more annoying than Silence ever was. My current guild has the items in its gbank food tab arranged into a swastika atm and we're 1% away from HM Tayak and 3% away from HM Spirit Kings.

The only thing unacceptable about Silence was that several raiders exhibited a lack of ambition and refused to do the bare minimum like doing LFR or actually spending valor points on gear and equipping it rather than selling it. That's not !@#$ that's going to mess up your real life--you coulda pounded that out real quick and called it a night--but half of the casters in that guild apparently didnt even want to bother.

Silence was impatient for sure, but it wasn't its impatience that killed the guild.

The reason all the "kids" transfer off the server is because none of the kids on the server are willing to put in the bare minimum amount of work.

To make a quick point since I know it will be brought up. I transferred here because people said a progression horde group can't and will not ever exist here. So I figured I would come work on putting one together.

BWR had a solid progression horde guild once, it was named Strictly Business, and everyone hated them. Next to my current guild it was my second favorite experience on this server, and if you thought Silence was impatient and annoying you clearly have never met Conradicalz.

I would have to disagree here as well. Awareness is by far the most important quality a raider can have.

If you want to get technical about it, the ability to see is probably the most important quality a raider can have. After all, if you are medically blind, you won't find it very easy to play video games at all.

What I mean by that is that I presume awareness to be a "bare minimum" trait. Also, windsong>colossus for tanking btw. Crit might not be useful to a prot pally's survival, but haste and mastery both are.
Edited by Kerrath on 11/22/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I transferred here because people said a progression horde group can't and will not ever exist here. So I figured I would come work on putting one together.

This made me lol irl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I transferred here because people said a progression horde group can't and will not ever exist here. So I figured I would come work on putting one together.

This made me lol irl.

It's like watching lemmings jump off a cliff.

btw, i'm out for the majority of today. if someone makes a snipe at me i'll respond but it won't be until tomorrow or so.
Edited by Kerrath on 11/22/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/22/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Kerrath
You must not have a whole lot of experience with upper level guilds if you think that the behavior in Silence was detrimental to its progression. You clearly have no clue what it's like once you get above US1000, let alone US100. Most top-end raiders are WAY more annoying than Silence ever was.

Can't say I made it to the top 100. Spent most of my time around 250. Also, I didn't raid with Silence just one raid. I was actually a member of Silence for a couple of months before I realized it just was not a good fit for me. I don't believe the behavior was detrimental to progression, just detrimental to keeping people around. (and by people I mean me)

Silence was impatient for sure, but it wasn't its impatience that killed the guild.

I have no clue why Silence died. Just that it did. Honestly, it's not my business and quite frankly I couldn't care less. Nothing personal about that. I just don't worry about other people. It wasn't a good fit for me, so I left.

The reason all the "kids" transfer off the server is because none of the kids on the server are willing to put in the bare minimum amount of work.

I actually agree with this.

BWR had a solid progression horde guild once, it was named Strictly Business, and everyone hated them. Next to my current guild it was my second favorite experience on this server, and if you thought Silence was impatient and annoying you clearly have never met Conradicalz.

Never heard of either of them. Only horde guild anyone ever talks about is SFK.

Also, windsong>colossus for tanking btw. Crit might not be useful to a prot pally's survival, but haste and mastery both are.

Thanks. I re-rolled about a week ago to fill a void at tank. It wouldn't be a lie if I said I don't really know prot pally at all yet. Sadly, with a full time job while being a full time student, I have been breaking the research down the best I can.

11/22/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Kerrath
btw, i'm out for the majority of today. if someone makes a snipe at me i'll respond but it won't be until tomorrow or so.

Wasn't meant to be a snipe at you or even Silence, just my general feelings about Blackwater Raiders. Again, happy noms.
Edited by Heâvenslîght on 11/22/2012 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]