Holy Priests Are Too Easy

47 Blood Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Qùess
Holy Priests are still weak

Only the bad ones.

Show me your rankings. Let me check if you can outheal a monk, shaman or disc priest.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage

Took them an ENTIRE EXPANSION to fix the clunkiness that was Lightwell. I'm hoping that Chakhra gets fixed (and by fixed, I mean removed)

Have to wonder why you're playing Holy in the first place if you don't like any of its primary mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc Priests are superior in every way when compared to Holy Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Fox
Show me your rankings. Let me check if you can outheal a monk, shaman or disc priest.

I'll try Holy this week and let you know how it goes. It has been buffed significantly in 5.1. It obviously won't be competitive with Disc, but it's absolutely within range of the other healing specs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I'm actually going to be looking at using holy more because of a few things:

1.) The damage. Starting fights in chastise with a prepot is absurd. It's like doing the druid's heart of the wild on a 30 second cooldown.
2.) The silly single target heals. If it's tanks or someone taking sustained damage, I prefer all the shields and talents that disc offers, but the buff to serenity is making for some crazy burst recovery that's getting better with out 2 piece + serendipity. And shields are getting more and more comparable with the amount of hots you can layer into a target with the holy mastery + renew
3.) The aoe burst potential of the new sanctuary stance + halo/cascade

Also, the new sustained and burst aoe from holy is competitive with disc again, so going disc for every demanding burst aoe fight isn't as mandatory anymore.

...But I'm still going to be doing disc as much as I can while inner focus is bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Twistedmind
...But I'm still going to be doing disc as much as I can while inner focus is bugged.

I haven't read about a bug, but I think I know what you're talking about. I saw this myself tonight and wondered if someone like you may have noticed. Inner Focus is causing SS to inherit 100% crit for EVERY spell cast during SS. Right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I outhealed our disc and our monks all night and tied with our shaman. But anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
For Prayer of Healing I'm showing:
242,383 healing per cast; 103,576 hps; 17.95 healing per mana

For Circle of Healing I'm showing:
134,944 healing per cast; 96,107 hps; 14.06 healing per mana

For Glyphed Circle of Healing I'm showing:
161,932 healing per cast; 115,329 hps; 12.49 healing per mana

CoH was great. Then prayer of healing and prayer of mending got a band-aid buff, and now you should be trying to use prayer of healing instead of circle of healing if you can. If you glyph circle of healing and use it liberally, you're going to be draining your mana at a rate that's 69.6% of the efficiency to prayer of heal spam.

Please forgive me but why is the HPS lower than the healing per cast on an instant cast spell? Also factor in that the GCD is affected by haste, so in theory the hps should be higher.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Please forgive me but why is the HPS lower than the healing per cast on an instant cast spell? Also factor in that the GCD is affected by haste, so in theory the hps should be higher.

Base GCD is 1.5 seconds and haste cannot bring GCD below 1 second, so HPS is always less than or equal to heal per cast.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
For Prayer of Healing I'm showing:
242,383 healing per cast; 103,576 hps; 17.95 healing per mana

For Circle of Healing I'm showing:
134,944 healing per cast; 96,107 hps; 14.06 healing per mana

For Glyphed Circle of Healing I'm showing:
161,932 healing per cast; 115,329 hps; 12.49 healing per mana

CoH was great. Then prayer of healing and prayer of mending got a band-aid buff, and now you should be trying to use prayer of healing instead of circle of healing if you can. If you glyph circle of healing and use it liberally, you're going to be draining your mana at a rate that's 69.6% of the efficiency to prayer of heal spam.

Sure, the instant cast nature and cooldown of the spell is exactly why I wish to see it buffed. On a micro level, I'm arguing that it should be something used rotationally and right now it's situational. The healing per second numbers are simply taking the numbers from the healing per cast and dividing it by the cast time. For instant spells, that's the base global time of 1.5 seconds (and after my haste, 1.4 sec), and prayer of healing is base 2.5 seconds (and after my haste, 2.3 sec).

^As the guy above me stated, spells that have a 1.5 second cast time or any spells that are instant casts will hard cap at 1 second (or 50% haste). This might seem far off, but under modifications like bloodlust or power infusion, it springs up more often than you'd think (though, not in this tier).

But what I'm bringing up with my original point is that CoH doesn't match the power of PoH currently, and it will continue to fall behind PoH due to poorer scaling. I didn't include divine insight in my original post because it's a situational spell, but others have pointed out that the DI procced mending is much better than CoH for an instant because it's cheaper, scales better, and has more 'synergy' (read, gives more stat weight and pp value) with PoH.

There also was a skillcap to hard AOE checks with prayer of healing and circle of healing once upon a time. Rotationally, there were haste 'sweet spots' where prayer of healing fit nicely in between the circle of healing cooldown time. Back in wrath, this was easy to reach and fit between a circle of healing and a prayer of mending refresh. However, cata made this less brainless because CoH is 8 seconds in sanctuary chakra, and mending is still 10. Now that holy has the power infusion option, your max throughput is more variable, but we're missing out on playing with all this fun because hardcasting prayer of healing is too good currently. Hence my points about wanting a bigger and better CoH and Ground spell Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045

Love these guys.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Going to try Holy again for the first time in a while on Monday. Loved the divine star buff while raiding tonight. The reduced radius does take some getting used to though.
Reply Quote
Nor is it to compare Holy to any other healing spec. Holy as a stand-alone spec is too easy, that's all I'm stating.

Have you ever played another healing class? Holy priests are far harder to play well in comparison to everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Some of you people. /facepalm
Holy is awful and it's not good just because you out HPs someone crappier than you. The only thing it's good for atm is either DPS, or for GS on Tsulong H. Otherwise, I wouldn't even touch it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]