Cant delete this Panda

(Locked)

71 Dwarf Paladin
I let my friend make a character on my account just for fun and he made a panda and the panda is only lvl 3

I'm never gonna play with that character and neither is my friend but I cant delete him because I got the 8th anniversary thing in my mailbox and apparently the only way to get to a mailbox is if i go through the entire starting area...

This is stupid, if your not gonna have a mailbox in the panda starting area dont send me something before I can get to a mailbox..

Now I either gotta play for an hour+ or I let the character rot on my character screen..
90 Worgen Warlock
Play to 40 so you can get the epic turtle mount. its worth it imo.

but ya. you have to choose a faction so get to questing.
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/21/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Norfy
Now I either gotta play for an hour+ or I let the character rot on my character screen..

Play for an hour or wait 30 days, up to you.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Got something against Pandas?

o_O

/HighPaw
90 Human Priest
11/21/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Noidentity

Play for an hour or wait 30 days, up to you.
This. You're not stuck with it forever, just until the mail expires. Maybe even less if it disappears when the event ends. Just wait it out, imo, unless you need the slot right this second.
55 Pandaren Monk
11/21/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Norfy

Or you can make a ticket and request that a Game Master delete the mail so you can then delete the character.
90 Undead Death Knight
Since pandas are not attached to any faction until they leave their starting area, they cannot have any mailbox in the starting area.

You can submit a ticket and ask a GM to clear out your mail on the character so you can delete it.

Or you can go ahead and finish the starting area, choose a faction, go to Org or SW (depending on faction) then empty the mail yourself.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Or blizzard could of not sent those silly things too the panda..just like its coded not to send any BOA pets now.......
90 Tauren Hunter
11/21/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Moused
Or blizzard could of not sent those silly things too the panda..just like its coded not to send any BOA pets now.......

Easiest solution is the one no one has yet mentioned...the OP should just not let the friend access his/her account, since that can get the account closed....
71 Dwarf Paladin
11/21/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Gantaris

Easiest solution is the one no one has yet mentioned...the OP should just not let the friend access his/her account, since that can get the account closed....

I was in the same room as my friend so it was basically me on my account.

But yeah i'll probly wait 30 days till the mail expires unless it bugs me enough to play through the starter area
14 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Norfy
I was in the same room as my friend so it was basically me on my account

No, no it wasn't. Your friend isn't even allowed to pretend play on it, click the mouse for you, type a message for you...nothing. They're NOT allowed on your account and it is indeed grounds for possible closure.

That's why they made Starter accounts. If your friend wants to give it a shot, they can make their own account and follow the rules.
Support Forum Agent
11/21/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Norfy
I was in the same room as my friend so it was basically me on my account.

While we understand that, Norfy, technically speaking it wouldn't matter if you were. An account can only be shared between two individuals. That is an adult (registered to the account) and a single minor child (that the registered adult is parent or legal guardian of).

Obviously what is done is done, this is mostly information for the future. A Starter Edition account has access to all races, though not all classes, but can be used to give the game a try.

As for the issue itself, I'm afraid the event mail is sent to every character when they log in, once the event starts. I don't believe we have a way to filter specific characters out at this time. The mail should expire and delete after 30 days, but if you need to have the character deleted sooner our In-Game Support staff may be able to help if you wish to submit a ticket.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have the same problem. Very frustrating that this was not thought all the way through. Now I have my last character slot taken up by something I don't want to play and can't delete.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Vadness
I have the same problem. Very frustrating that this was not thought all the way through. Now I have my last character slot taken up by something I don't want to play and can't delete.
Then open a ticket asking that the mail on that character be deleted so you can delete the character and wait for your response.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Revanchist
oh geez you sound like such a goody goody lol. People share accounts all the time. Yeah goodluck to blizzard having any proof of it being two different people using an account on the same ip. unless you are stupid enough to tell on yourself.
The thing is, he posted on Blizzard's own website stating that he was sharing accounts. Even if he deleted his post, the records are still there and visible to Blizzard.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
oh geez you sound like such a goody goody lol. People share accounts all the time. Yeah goodluck to blizzard having any proof of it being two different people using an account on the same ip. unless you are stupid enough to tell on yourself.

You mean, like the OP did?

As for "proof", Blizzard doesn't really need any. They can close your account for any reason, or no reason at all. Having suspicions, especially for such a serious violation, is sometimes enough.

No, it's not the main point of this thread, and the OP has his answer. But even the Blue addressed it, and it's important that people understand how serious of an offense it is.
Edited by Madisón on 11/21/2012 5:58 PM PST
14 Blood Elf Priest
oh geez you sound like such a goody goody lol.

So, you think that telling me that I understand and follow the rules makes me a "goody goody". Your words are so very hurtful to children in grade school I'm sure. However, I don't mind being told that I'm good. In fact, thank-you for that compliment! You might aspire to be this good one day.

unless you are stupid enough to tell on yourself.

People come here all the time admitting as much. So what exactly is your point?
Support Forum Agent
People share accounts all the time. Yeah goodluck to blizzard having any proof of it being two different people using an account on the same ip.

Yes, they do. In many situations nothing may go wrong and the likelihood of you getting caught is fairly low. That really isn't the point though. Most people forget, or perhaps do not realize, that one of the main reason why we do not allow account sharing is the vast number of problems that it can cause. Specifically with account security.

The rules aren't there for arbitrary reasons, they have a purpose. Remember, you are responsible for all activity on the account, authorized by you or not. If you allow someone access to the account and by that access something happens to your character, we may not be able to help. Sharing account and password information can also lead to account compromise. While we try to help in those cases, it isn't guaranteed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]