Mages most complicated class to play

100 Tauren Paladin
flow of mage smack talk in this thread is a con shell game.

it starts out that they can not kill players in a deep freeze unless they are undergeared. a geared resil player shows that this is not true, and that it is KNOWN not to be true by the mages lying about it as the mages saying it was not true ARE blowing up people in single deep freezes. then the mages change the argument to they can't blow up a toon in a deep freeze if that toon has help from another toon. so the mage is saying that if they are facing TWO people alone then they can't kill a player in a single deep freeze. full stop.

the question is if we think its good for the game to have any toon able to 100 to 0 another player with opportunity EVERY 30 SECONDS unless they have help from a second toon.

and good mages have been admitting that they can and do and will continue to kill players in deep freezes even after the nerfs.

most other classes can also kill you in a few seconds... but they have that opportunity every 2 to 3 minutes and not every 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
95 Human Monk
They can't 100-0 geared players.
However they can 65-0.

Nerfs, better yet, damage shifts, are needed. These exaggerations and excessive cries for nerf are not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
They can't 100-0 geared players.
However they can 65-0.

Nerfs, better yet, damage shifts, are needed. These exaggerations and excessive cries for nerf are not.

This is correct. 100-0 in a deep is genuinely rare and takes really, really good/lucky timing as well as burst trinket up. And all other trinkets down because one dispel destroys the entire thing.

Mages have absolutely zero sustained damage outside of deeps. And it's only every 4th deep do they have any real solo killing power. The other ones they're very reliant on teammates finishing the job.
Edited by Terrortician on 11/22/2012 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Please show a youtube video of it happening in a well-geared competent arena setting. I guarantee you the mage will be big bright red if anyone gets killed in a deep freeze.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Anyone who says that mages are faceroll in pvp has obviously never played one. It's easy for anyone to pick up a mage and beat pve geared noobs who have 10 hks, but when you start playing against people who actually know how to play you will find it's a little different.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
complicated

mage

Pick one
Edited by Shlum on 11/22/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Mage setup is now no different or more complicated than anyone else. This would have held true back in TBC when mages had setup and the *majority* of the other classes either had passive ramp ups or no true setup at all.

Now? No. Popping CD's appropriately to set up a deep freeze is no different from a warrior doing Csmash->CD macro->shockwave+stuffs. Or from a rogue setting you up with stuns and bleeds + energy pooling. Or an enh shaman setting up his Ascendance burst with Capacitor totem to avoid getting counter-CC'd. Or a lock setting up ember usage to provide burst in windows.

The list goes on to pretty much every class. Mages are no longer the "hard to play but amazing if done well" class. They are the "simplistic mechanics but played with training wheels" class.

That isn't to say that there aren't some downright amazing players that play mage, that do so better than I ever could. Chances are, you aren't one of them. No matter how much your ridiculous state makes you believe you are so awesome.

Except no other class has a stun tied to their ultra burst mechanic. Imagine if retribution or DK stuns gave you free crits...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Haha, play an affliction warlock and then say mages are the hardest class in the game.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
You all got trolled by the OP. Just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Clearly the entire community (non mages) think highly of them /sarcasm off

Blizzard clearly achieved the goal of making mages the most noob friendly class with free wins every 30s with deepfreeze

They are the cata arcane of PvE, what a joke

this guy is a tool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

1v1 lol

cry more about it as if it actually matters

OK.

2v2. Rogue Mage vs whatever. OH LOOK YOUR PARTNER CAN CC TOO! SO YOU CAN CC WHILE YOU CC CHAIN TO PREVENT GETTING CC'd SO YOU CAN BURST

MY GOD THAT WAS HARD, I'M SO GLAD I BROUGHT A PARTNER

Overly dramatic QQ aside (as initially I wasn't crying, just calling out what was dumb), the argument to "bring a partner" is only applicable if say a class has major issues with one or two other classes. In other words, a game of Rock Paper Scissors. We don't have that anymore. Some classes are just markedly better than others, and normally it boils down to ease of use. Is it easier to set up a deep freeze CC chain than Capacitor totem? Yes? Well then, I wonder what will succeed more often.

The fact of the matter is, yes we can bring a partner. So can you. And if your partner is anything other than a slobbering buffoon, and plays a class that compliments yours, then any perceived issues are laughable.

I am not saying it is impossible to kill a mage. Far from it. I am saying that the class lends itself to having decent performance in the hands of even bad players.

Once again, who cares about 2v2?

Mages do need changes, but you people crying about 1v1 and 2v2 are a waste of pixel space.

And lol @ 100-0 in a deep. You have to actually wear the gear to benefit from it.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 11/23/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/22/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Twinkeduout
Mages are indeed the hardest class to play, requiring more setup steps in order to make respectable damage...This is not a keyboard head banger class like the majority on MOP, mage requires alot more skill then any other class to play..Blizz should not take away from a class just because the players who pick the easy classes complain about the few really good mages who practice and know how to play a mage..There is nothing OP about this class, it requires multiple steps on a target to get good damage and the mage hopes that the target doesn't break out of one of these fragile steps or everything goes in the toilet

Coming from a poorly geared mage. LOL
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Bugaloou/advanced
This is his mage's armory. Nice 10 stats gem in your belt. I didn't know people were still using those. Obviously a prismatic gem still goes in a prismatic socket right?
Edited by Orbitus on 11/23/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
/facepalm

at least get some pvp gear mage alt

i dont even ...

just shush your just digging yourself a deeper whole
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Peztilence
uhhhh, the zero gear mage alt said DKs have AMS, omg what an unbelievable hole!!! hahahahah

acting like you know how pvp works...

just put the shovel down, and walk away...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]