Anniversary: Mailbox in Pandaria start zone??

90 Undead Mage
My friend and I are making monk alts tonight... We didn't like the names we picked and wanted to remake them.

Finding a mailbox in this start is a nightmare.

I understand there's no mailbox there for a reason, just please remove the Celebration package mail from the rule that prevents character deletion.

I can't be the only one who is bothered by this
90 Troll Druid
RoC
Same with new deathknights.

if it's a DK, there is a mailbox in Archerus after you've done a few of the quests and gone into the town itself. :>)
Edited by Spetnas on 11/25/2012 2:21 AM PST
Blizz dropped the ball big time on this one. One should not have to open a GM ticket to delete a toon.

In the future, Pandaren should not receive mail till they leave the Wandering Isle.
Edited by Solaru on 11/25/2012 2:31 AM PST
90 Undead Mage
11/25/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Solaru
In the future, Pandaren should not receive mail till they leave the Wandering Isle.

Agreed
90 Human Paladin
Blizz dropped the ball big time on this one. One should not have to open a GM ticket to delete a toon.

I'd rather they got mail without restrictions, they just can't send mail until they leave the wandering isle.
11/25/2012 03:59 AMPosted by Lothir
I'd rather they got mail without restrictions, they just can't send mail until they leave the wandering isle.

This could still be exploited. They could just level through it and choose the other faction and then send the mail. IDK about you but I would level for ~2h to kill the other faction's AH ;)
90 Gnome Warrior
And really it's not even about SENDING mail so much as it is recieving mail. It'd be far FAR too easy to send gold cross faction but I agree. It really doesn't make sense (with no mailboxes) for Pandaren to be able to even GET mail before leaving W.I.

But that being said, the best advice I can give is that moving forward, make SURE you like your name before you hit that accept button on the character selection screen. Otherwise, you may play to regret it and have to deal with some otherwise unnecessary headaches.
90 Troll Shaman
11/25/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Solaru

This could still be exploited. They could just level through it and choose the other faction and then send the mail. IDK about you but I would level for ~2h to kill the other faction's AH ;)

You make it sound like I have the ability to send mail to a pandaren character in the Wandering Isle even now...

But aside, I can indeed see where there are issues both with and without restrictions just for the ability to receive mail while on the Wandering Isle.
90 Undead Mage
I think the automated, 'every-character-gets-this-mail' sort of messages shouldn't count towards the restriction in any case. It's silly and frustrating.

I really like the fact that this sort of thing would pop up on my alt if I still had valuables in transit/mail etc.

I just think for how many people this frustrates it might be worth looking into later. Just removing some messages from the deletion restriction.
90 Troll Druid
seriously !@#$ this try to open a ticket and its almost a 3 day wait to delete a toon due to some dumb %^- mail well guess I might as well lvl him so I can delete him faster then waiting for a GM to fix it
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Phükitt
seriously !@#$ this try to open a ticket and its almost a 3 day wait to delete a toon due to some dumb %^- mail well guess I might as well lvl him so I can delete him faster then waiting for a GM to fix it

Bear in mind the average wait isn't an indication of how long a specific problem will take to fix. I understand some things get processed in hours while others wait longer than the average, with priority being given to easily fixed game-blocking problems. Deleting the mail from a mailbox to allow you to delete the character hopefully fits that category.
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/25/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Solaru

And really it's not even about SENDING mail so much as it is recieving mail. It'd be far FAR too easy to send gold cross faction but I agree. It really doesn't make sense (with no mailboxes) for Pandaren to be able to even GET mail before leaving W.I.

I disagree.

If it follows the same ruleset as mailing xfaction (which more or less, is exactly what it is) then you wouldn't be able to do anything with the mailbox besides send/receive BoA's and delete auto generated mail.
68 Draenei Paladin
I definitely agree, I wanted to get rid of my Mage because I didn't dig the game play with it and couldn't find a mailbox so now I guess I just have to wait till they get rid of the stuff in my mailbox
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Doesn't really make sense when you think about it for mailing BOAs and for the purpose of deleting Blizzard mail.

You are able to send BOA cross-faction both ways, so this generic "you can't send this Pandaren mail until they choose a faction" message makes no sense. Even if they haven't picked their allegiance, they still are going to get the BOA regardless. It's a pointless restriction.

The solution to the OP problem, they should not give the new Pandaren any Blizzard mail, or just simply add a mailbox, if not at the very beginning then do it after you do the first set of quests just like Acherus.

There isn't any harm to adding a mailbox, if it has predefined rules for use that only allows BOA transfer or deleting the Blizzard messages.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]