Please revert the 5.1 PTR changes

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Req
Lynx Rush, Bestial Wrath and Rabid for 5.1.

Stampede bug is fixed, Hunters are dropping of Arena top rankings, there is no more crazy 1-shot macro. Stampede used to do 500% pet damage plus the buffs. Now its back to 200%.

A 300% nerf(fix) to the OP ability is far enough to fix the burst.

There are no more Hunter OP, Nerf Hunters threads. That tells me that hunters are much weaker.

The changes which seemed right before the Stampede arena fix are no more needed.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Disagree on lynx rush, others should be looked at, bestial wrath change should probably stay. you should want more interesting playstyle changes than keeping your immunity damage buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
yeah the change to BW and Avatar make sense, I'd say keeping those is logical.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Those nerfs are the only reason players still exist in this game. The problem is 5.1 isn't coming fast enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Req
Those nerfs are the only reason players still exist in this game. The problem is 5.1 isn't coming fast enough.

why? are hunters still killing people in a stampede?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/25/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Leonoir
bestial wrath change should probably stay.

Agree on this. All other cooldowns players can pop can be countered with dispels or cc. Why should BW be any different?

Lynx Rush, bro.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Agree on this. All other cooldowns players can pop can be countered with dispels or cc. Why should BW be any different?
You can still CC the hunter. No hunter in play = no KC, no Lynx Rush, no Stampede. BTW, not sure if people are noticing, but after they hotfixed Stampede and Spirit Mend during Stampede, hunters have been on steady decline. Currently at 8% rep for all 3 brackets, down from 16% they started out with.

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Lol @ traditionally OP classes (who've gotten more than their fair share of PVP glory time and time again previously) trying to justify all of the Hunter nerfs coming in 5.1. The cold, hard, indisputable facts are that right at this momment, the Hunter class is average on any reputable arena ladder database (about in the middle of the pack). Other than possibly Lynx Rush, trying to defend all of the other nerfs is just another pathetic attempt by everyone to get Hunters right back to the bottom of the barrel where they have almost always been before and where everyone feels they should always remain.

It never ceases to amaze me how when the Hunter class pulls itself from at or near last place to become (gasp!!) competitive, everyone starts screaming "OP!" Hunters in their current state are average people. If you are losing to them now then that says more about you than them.

And I didn't even address the fact that Hunters are already at the bottom in PVE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Req
Lol @ traditionally OP classes (who've gotten more than their fair share of PVP glory time and time again previously) trying to justify all of the Hunter nerfs coming in 5.1. The cold, hard, indisputable facts are that right at this momment, the Hunter class is average on any reputable arena ladder database (about in the middle of the pack). Other than possibly Lynx Rush, trying to defend all of the other nerfs is just another pathetic attempt by everyone to get Hunters right back to the bottom of the barrel where they have almost always been before and where everyone feels they should always remain.It never ceases to amaze me how when the Hunter class pulls itself from at or near last place to become (gasp!!) competitive, everyone starts screaming "OP!" Hunters in their current state are average people. If you are losing to them now then that says more about you than them.And I didn't even address the fact that Hunters are already at the bottom in PVE

So much this. I hope Devs read this...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Too the ground baby
Reply Quote
It never ceases to amaze me how when the Hunter class pulls itself from at or near last place to become (gasp!!) competitive, everyone starts screaming "OP!" Hunters in their current state are average people. If you are losing to them now then that says more about you than them.

To be fair, this happens to most classes, not just Hunters. Even so, while I can't speak to whether the nerfs are warranted or not, the attitude towards Hunters certainly isn't. This game is better for everyone when everyone is competitive with each other.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Stupid nerfs to PVP make hunters even weaker in PVE.

Does nothing to pve.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
11/25/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
bestial wrath change should probably stay.

Lynx Rush, bro.

Bladestorm the closest effect to BW can only be stopped by 1 type of cc: disarms

BW change makes all cc and snares etc work on the pet. So there is a discrepency. Valid fix? Make BW only stoppable by deenrages:shiv, soothe, etc.

Making the pet able to be cc'd is not the answer.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/25/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Thundahstahm
yeah the change to BW and Avatar make sense, I'd say keeping those is logical.

1) You can CC the hunter, have been able to since Cata
2) Without the hunter, BW damage plummets, significantly

That right there shows why this nerf isn't really needed. It won't change much other than destroy the entire point of the pet CC immunity which is as follows:

1) The spec is overtly dependent on the pet (compared to even other pet specs)

2) Every 50 seconds out of 60, assuming maximum up time, which over 80% of the time assuming you use the ability on cooldown, even more so if you use it strategically, you as a player are subject to 2x the amount of CC impacting your output. What I refer to is not just having two targets for the opposing side to CC, but the opposing side have two sets of DR to burn through in order to negate over half your damage, and several key pieces of utility.

Bestial Wrath, gave you 10 seconds where you were only subject to one set of DR effects, just like every other player.

So no, sorry, this does not make sense. This is a knee-jerk reaction to the sudden OP nature of the BM spec, something that hasn't really happened since the beginning of WotLK (which many probably recall what happened then).

The problem with BM was the Stampede bug (emphasis on BUG), and the ability to stack CDs, specifically CDs with up front burst (LR and Rabid, Rabid specifically with BW and Lynx Rush, or with just simple Basic Attacks due to Wild Hunt).

LR, Rabid and even the Mend-pede nerf could probably be fine as they are, after all, from what I have seen, they are simply burst nerfs, with minimal impact on the net impact of the ability. This BW change is just overkill.
Edited by Verdash on 11/26/2012 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
people who think the changes are warranted don't play hunter and seem to have average logical capacity at best. it seems they just want hunters to be speed bumps. actually, honestly, they probably don't want that... they probably barely even know what they want.

they just don't want to die in a rain of hunter burst.

dying in a rain of lock burst? dying in a rain of lock burst is okay, that is different. dying in a rain of warrior burst? dying in a rain of warrior burst is okay, this is different. dying in a rain of spriest burst? dying in a rain of spriest burst is okay and is different. dying in a rain of ret burst? dying in a rain of ret burst is working as intended. dying to mages in a single deepfreeze? dying in a single deepfreeze is not only okay its the hardest set-up in the game and is probably in need of buffs.

hunters have been and ARE being unfairly singled out. if you were dying to hunters in bgs then that is on you and on the way the game is doing pvp atm... it was not on hunters. the problem was ONLY in arena with a BUG, a BUG, a BUG, a BUG... and the bug was FIXED.

if you don't want hunters to stack cds fine... why do others get to do so?

hunter damage outside of cds is WORSE than the other classes that are SCREAMING that they damage SUCKS outside cds. hunter damage outside cds is really really sad... its ignorable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]