Random "v" Key

90 Human Rogue
I am playing on MBP Retina and it seems like the UI is randomly hitting the "v" key and resetting nameplates over enemies. I can turn them off again by recycling through "v", but then it comes back on. It usually happens right after an encounter. Weird. Not sure if it's UI, random MBP Retina fun or just one of the new joys on playing on mac. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I don't think the UI can randomly hit keys. Addons might be causing these issues, or it can be a permissions thing as well.

Do you currently have any addons installed?

Also, try resetting some permissions and see if this helps.

Reset the permissions on your World of Warcraft folder
    1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Action icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
    2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
    3. Select the First Aid option.
    4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.

Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
What encounter? Amber Shaper by chance? If not, then just ignore the following. :)

Reason I ask. I coded dbm to take over name plates on that fight to avoid some bad design issues blizzard thought of when being inside a construct there. that option could do that (although that option is also off by default but might have been something you turned on?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]