Blizzard UI party/raid

93 Dwarf Hunter
How to explain this? (problem I have in BG's and LFR)
I have been playing a ton of bg's lately and I've noticed that the games ui is not refreshing fast enough for new players to show up on the raid/party list (whatever it is called). It's the interface that blizzard has so we can see who is on our team and we can heal them. I'm having to /reload 4x or more in a game because I see an alliance player that is not in the pretty box set up so they are not getting any assistance from my healer. Or someone leaves the game but their name tag is still in the raid/party and when I see their health going down I heal them BUT since they are not in the game I'm actually healing myself. But the nametag is showing me that someone nearby is losing hp.
Is their anyway to fix this so I don't have to keep refreshing my ui or whatever so I can see everyone that is in my party?
I do not use anything but what blizzard has provided when it comes to healing a raid/party so no healbot or w/e ppl use these days. I do this old school.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well the new Blizzard raid UI isnt exactly old school. :P But yes it does have that known issue - when players leave/join in combat it sometimes gets all screwed up and doesn't update, or you can't click them, or whatever.

The best workaround is to use a raid frame addon such as Grid or VuhDo. This does not mean healing is automated, all it does is replace the raid frames with a more customizable version (which is not affected by that bug.) it is not a crutch and will not harm your 'old school' cred. (dies of lol)

Currently the only workaround to that bug without using an addon is reloading the UI.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I do this old school.

Old school would mean you are using healing addons since doing anything functional back in vanilla required addons like CT Raid, Decursive and other healer centered addons.

Getting by without addons is actually more new school since the in game UI has been consistently adding features.

Just food for thought.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Superhero
I do this old school.

Old school would mean you are using healing addons since doing anything functional back in vanilla required addons like CT Raid, Decursive and other healer centered addons.

Getting by without addons is actually more new school since the in game UI has been consistently adding features.

Just food for thought.

+1 Would read again.

100% accurate. I don't think anyone did Chromaggus while it was current without Decursive.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Hunter
Thanks Fluffy, I hope they can fix this but I'll get grid : (
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]