No FOTM

54 Worgen Druid
So i've been reading the patch notes and I personally don't see any major buffs to any class that would make anyone roll the FOTM, which is pretty shocking. Maybe because I just PvE and thats why but still

I give credit to blizzard on this one :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What you talking about ma'am, mages/warriors are the fotm.

See you when u hit the ground hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The moment you believe this game is balanced is the moment you should leave. There must ALWAYS be a Lich...err FOTM.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
If there are no huge buffs and no huge nerfs then why would the old FOTM not stay the new FOTM?

Why will warriors not still be FOTM? Why will mages still not be king? Mages are not and haven't been FOTM because they are NOT "of the moment" unless that "moment" is several xpacs.

Warriors themselves are saying they will still be wrecking just like they are now. TfB only stacks to 3 instead of 5? LOL... because did you know testing shows that it stacks MORE now? This means it can't get as high but it get in the 3 stack range MORE and the three stack range is still as bad or worse than many chaos bolts. 3 stacks may not 1 shot you... but it will be an attack that you will not be able to recover from. Warriors are still FOTM.

Gag Order will hurt but they didn't need it before. Good warriors never needed it. They still have shockwave. They can still interrupt. You are still screwed. They will probably be nerfed again... but they will get at least two patches where they are super dumb and only the devs with head injuries have legitimate excuse to not see this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well shammies def did not make the FOTM list I am sure of that...........
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/28/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Lissbanka

We might have the same dev working on our classes.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
Frost Mages EVERYWHERE.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Suddén

We might have the same dev working on our classes.

Are you really complaining about hunters? Friend, hunters are legit compared to other seasons. Yeah, lynx rush + BW nerf stink but they're minor plus look at all the buffs we got this xpac

-no min range
-Quicker focus regen from cobra/steady I was always focus starved in PvP in cata and oom in other seasons
-Self healing

Blink strike isn't that bad and barrage is useful now too. Plus not hearing caw caw every second is a welcomed change.

I feel balanced while playing my hunters. Neither overpowered like the first two weeks of MoP (from what I hear) or underpowered. My only issues atm have to do with mages and demo warlocks being bugged.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Anyone that rerolls a class strictly b/c they feel the new buffs made that class more powerful than their previous class should stop /facerolling their keyboard and research their current class. All classes at all times have at least 1 spec that is viable in both PVE as well as PVE with very very few exceptions in any patch since vanilla. It might not be your favorite spec but to reroll an entire new class just b/c your old spec got nerfed shows more about your inteligence level than anything else.

When i can see a Prot Warrior pwning in PVP, Arms Warrior Tanking in a 25 man LFR, or Frost Mage Getting Gladiator with a Prot Warrior in 2's, than you will have your FOTM class.. Until then, quit your complaining, learn to play all 3 specs in your class and leave these forums alone.

P.S. Any Sham that complains about how bad their class is in PVP should hit the unsubscribe button, its one thing to complain about Enh while sticking it out with resto until its even.. But to be so ignorant to say "OMFG Buff Shamz we arez terrible!! Nerf Mages their are so OP!!!" you mise well just quit. You'll be doing yourself a favor.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Anyone that rerolls a class strictly b/c they feel the new buffs made that class more powerful than their previous class should stop /facerolling their keyboard and research their current class. All classes at all times have at least 1 spec that is viable in both PVE as well as PVE with very very few exceptions in any patch since vanilla. It might not be your favorite spec but to reroll an entire new class just b/c your old spec got nerfed shows more about your inteligence level than anything else.

When i can see a Prot Warrior pwning in PVP, Arms Warrior Tanking in a 25 man LFR, or Frost Mage Getting Gladiator with a Prot Warrior in 2's, than you will have your FOTM class.. Until then, quit your complaining, learn to play all 3 specs in your class and leave these forums alone.

P.S. Any Sham that complains about how bad their class is in PVP should hit the unsubscribe button, its one thing to complain about Enh while sticking it out with resto until its even.. But to be so ignorant to say "OMFG Buff Shamz we arez terrible!! Nerf Mages their are so OP!!!" you mise well just quit. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Clarify to me how either of the shammy DPS specs are even remotely viable for pvp currently? what do that have that no other class/spec could not bring to the table and added goodies as well?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Any Sham that complains about how bad their class is in PVP should hit the unsubscribe button, its one thing to complain about Enh while sticking it out with resto until its even.. But to be so ignorant to say "OMFG Buff Shamz we arez terrible!! Nerf Mages their are so OP!!!" you mise well just quit. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

Oh look. someone who has never played a Shaman.

NEVER seen one of those before!
Edited by Delirious on 11/29/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Restoration and Enhancement are very good in PVP right now.

Yes, you die when focused, but so does everyone else - the game is incredibly bursty right now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Restoration and Enhancement are very good in PVP right now.

Yes, you die when focused, but so does everyone else - the game is incredibly bursty right now.

So do you think you could not swap any othe rclass in place of an Enhance shammy and not have a much easier time?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/29/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Lissbanka
So do you think you could not swap any othe rclass in place of an Enhance shammy and not have a much easier time?

Hunters are ranged.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Lissbanka
Clarify to me how either of the shammy DPS specs are even remotely viable for pvp currently? what do that have that no other class/spec could not bring to the table and added goodies as well?

Enh still has high burst, dont know about ele though. So your healing sucks now, woopdi do.

11/29/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Lissbanka

Rogue doesn't have as much burst as ehn. Rogue does not have spammable CC in hex(blind is 90s CD). Rogue does not have totems for buffs. Feral spirit is a lower CD then most of our abilities (minus shadowdance), lasts longer, and does not require massive uptime on the target. You also have ghost wolf.

You would not have a much easier time with rogue.

Please research other classes before making blanket statements.

Note: I am not saying rogues are a bad class (i love mine) however due to a massive portion of our damage being passive and our lack of mobility we currently fall behind other classes for the sole reason that we do not have enough uptime. (any decent team will either tunnel a rogue due to lack of survivability, or just not let it get uptime which is extremely easy now with 8s CD on Cleanses.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not so much hunters, anymore. And you left off warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Warriors and Mages are probably the top "FotM" classes right now.

Frost DKs, BM hunters, and Warlocks (many specs) also make appearances.
Edited by Krinu on 11/30/2012 12:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]