Lots of dodge on gear

90 Dwarf Death Knight
@Krinu:

We've all had times where other players have felt the need to "inform" us of the error of our ways and I'm all for constructive criticism or helpful tips. I am not the best tank/healer/dps and I make my share of mistakes as I learn and adapt to improve my overall gameplay.

But that particular situation just blew me away. I wish that I would have taken some screenshots because my re-telling doesn't do it justice. That poor fellow was just dead-set that I was an idiot and that I didn't belong in that LFR run with him because I didn't have any clue how to gear or play my role.

The nice thing was that after he left I received many /raid and /whispers comments about how I was performing well above my co-tank and that I was doing everything correctly during the boss fights. In fact, a couple of people even commented that the co-tank was using some questionable gear himself and had no place telling me what gear to use.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting thread everyone. I'm generally a lurker and not a poster but I felt like sharing this time. Enjoy the game and have fun!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Seems that most instance gear & blues so far for Leather has had ton of Haste on it too...which is the worst stat for Guardian and Feral..but luckily reforging fixes that somewhat.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Death Knight
Haste is good for Brewmasters. They couldn't make everyone happy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Seems that most instance gear & blues so far for Leather has had ton of Haste on it too...which is the worst stat for Guardian and Feral..but luckily reforging fixes that somewhat.

Actually, Arielle (from the druid forums and http://theincbear.com/) has just posted a nice little write-up on haste for Guardian druids. Give it a read and see what you think.

Personally I am not going to worry about haste just yet on my bear, but I will definately watch the forums/fansites/etc. and see how this plays out in case I want to take a closer look at it in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Of course, it's ironic that druids and monks would post to this thread at all, given that there still isn't any leather tank gear, or dodge on it; but we don't mind that as much as we did in Cata. Gear designed for rogues and cats works pretty much fine, even though that may be an accident on Blizzard's part.

Hey buddy. Check this out:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=85383

That's right, blizz put dodge on guardian tier. Which ya know...we've wanted since BC. Now haste is our secondary friend behind crit and they put dodge on it. IT'S LIKE THEY'RE PURPOSEFULLY TRYING TO SCREW WITH US. Conspiracy i say! CONSPIRACY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
It's actually not. This isn't Cataclysm anymore. Haste isn't completely useless.

12/13/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Nexian
IT'S LIKE THEY'RE PURPOSEFULLY TRYING TO SCREW WITH US.
Yeah. It's pretty lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]