Mounts counting towards Achievement

80 Night Elf Rogue
So I have 80+ mounts on an Alliance character and I kinda miss being Horde so I decided to make an Orc. I was wondering if mounts I achieve on my horde still count towards achievements like Mountain O' Mounts. I know mounts like the Orc faction mounts don't count towards it but how about neutral fractions?

For example, if I were to get the Camel mounts on my Orc, would that still add to the count that my Night Elf already has?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Neutral faction do aslong as your alliance character doesn't already have them(and you can use neutral faction on both ally/horde not just the one you got them on). Faction only mounts do not however transfer so you don't get credit.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks guys for the answer! Now I don't feel like my Orc is useless haha.

And I think if you transfer from Alliance to Horde, your mounts also become the equal counterpart of the fractions meaning that your Alliance mounts would become Horde mounts. Or at least that is what I've heard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Faction mounts do however up the total you have on the armory so if you had all of the ally faction mounts if you got the horde faction ones also they would add all 50 or so to your total. It's a bug or really annoying overlook that the armory shows cross faction mounts and class mounts that can't be used by your class in the first place.

What matters for the mount achievements though is what your statistics tab shows which does not include cross faction mounts just every mount you obtain that can be used by a single faction(horde or ally)

To make it easier to understand say i had all 5 *core* factions on ally (SW,Darn,Exo,IF,Gnome) all the mounts would count towards the alliance total statistic of how many you have towards an achievement but if that character were to faction change or even just make a horde character and get the equivalent *core* 5 factions on horde the mounts from them would only increase the statistic on horde, they would not increase the alliance statistic total.
Edited by Wilhelm on 11/28/2012 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Razorblaze
And I think if you transfer from Alliance to Horde, your mounts also become the equal counterpart of the fractions meaning that your Alliance mounts would become Horde mounts. Or at least that is what I've heard.

Eh...I wouldn't be surprised if this has changed now that mounts are account-wide. Since mounts aren't associated with any particular character, it doesn't make sense to change them because you transferred one of your characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]