Solo BWL

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Mage
he is easy to solo now...
100 Pandaren Monk
Just finished all of BWL as a monk.
i would like to change my opinion:

i was able to solo razorgore just now. with a second wind warrior it was cake but luck needed to not get hit for razorgore.

update: completed blackwing lair for the first time, got 1 out of the 3 pets in the instance go me, however something has to be done about the slime boss, 75 hits by 1 person is way too much, make it 7-10 that should do.
Edited by Gistene on 11/28/2012 6:52 PM PST
I managed to solo it for some reason all the mobs were attacking my character and only a few attacked Razorgore so Maybe i got off lucky...nearly died though had to LoH
91 Human Paladin
I solo'd it, but I had to use lay on hands on razorgore. Some people don't realize that you can actually heal razorgore when you have control of him. You lose the mind control for a few seconds, but its worth it to keep him alive.
Once I got the technique down, Razorgore wasn't too bad. It turns out, however, that Vael is kind of a gear check. My crappily-geared protection paladin isn't the best at beating the burning adrenaline timer. :(
Edited by Glenorda on 11/28/2012 9:54 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
i would like to change my opinion:

i was able to solo razorgore just now. with a second wind warrior it was cake but luck needed to not get hit for razorgore.

update: completed blackwing lair for the first time, got 1 out of the 3 pets in the instance go me, however something has to be done about the slime boss, 75 hits by 1 person is way too much, make it 7-10 that should do.

Yeah, Viscidus in AQ40 is near impossible for most classes. I was able to use my level 85 DK to do it, but not everyone is gonna have a high level DK to do that. I'm glad it dropped for me on my first kill, but I imagine many people are gonna get really frustrated by him, heh.
90 Human Paladin
took me 3 tries but ya I soloed him. I just let him almost die and then just LoH him. Then I wipe out all the mobs without hitting him if possible and then quickly get the last eggs b4 he dies.

easier if u just get a friend to help
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just finished BWL myself first time soloing it. Was tricky wiped twice, third time cleared the back with a full orb cast after it broke dropped mocking banner in the middle between me and Raz, killed the small contingent on me, picked up the orb killed the few remaining eggs in the middle, self healed with enraged regen, killed a few more adds then finished off the remaining 4 or so eggs. Got lucky some I guess with having a lock cookie, but throwing up hots while you have Raz MC'd should get most of them off of him. After that was easy as pie and got lucky with a few Drops, Got Chrominius and the Untamed hatchling :)
Edited by Ényo on 11/29/2012 8:53 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
...60 Rag?
Maybe you're just baaad~
99 Human Warlock
11/28/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Kenpo
Razorgore isn't soloable. You MC him and he gets mobbed down by all the adds. You stop and all the mob mobs you down. It really needs at least 2 people. One to MC and one to fight off all the adds.

I soloed him Tuesday on 2 different characters.
99 Human Warlock
11/28/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Glenorda
Once I got the technique down, Razorgore wasn't too bad. It turns out, however, that Vael is kind of a gear check. My crappily-geared protection paladin isn't the best at beating the burning adrenaline timer. :(

Got Vael on an 89 Warrior. Very soloable.
100 Orc Hunter
Pretty sure they nerfed it some more in one of the 4 or 5 restarts since tues. Went in tues afternoon, nightmare, nowhere even close. Decided to try it on my mage, thinking lots of aoe plus can use evocate to grab healing aggro, seemed a LOT easier today, so I went back on hunter and did it on him too, 1 shot. Most of the mobs seem to go for my chars now, whereas tuesday no matter what they were swarming raz.

Viscidus is more of a prob for some classes, dk is easy, hunter/rogue no problem if you use elemental force enchant/brunnhildar bow, enh shammy with wolves n earth ele. Warriors and ret pallies have done it, druids with treants, sounds a pain though, and if you're a caster you're pretty screwed i think ;p
90 Night Elf Hunter
I did Razorgore on my hunter with an alt (from another account, lvl 60dk). Kiddo controlled the DK and MC'ed Razorgore, while I took out adds. She died once and I used my quilen to battle rez. It was close because of her lvl and overall squishiness against that many mobs, but we did pull it off. I did attempt it solo first, came really close (was mid-way through destroying the final egg when I wiped), and out of frustration used the alt.

Second attempt, I used my DK and soloed it in Blood spec. I took out the three dudes standing at the orb, then quickly took control of the beast. Hit the eggs behind me, and closest to the platform where I was, working my way out. My aggro was so high (or they just really liked my DK) that most of the adds came straight at me, until I got halfway across the room where a few started going after him. MC dropped, I dropped army, death and decay, and quickly clicked the orb again to take out the remaining eggs. It was close, but at least I managed to pull it off and my health and his didn't go down too abysmally low.

I hate to say it, but the next boss was a bigger pain than Razorgore was. I had to switch to frost to out DPS the thing, but I did get it on the second try. :)
100 Human Warlock
I solo'd razorgore in 1.5 MC's on an 85.

Nobody has any excuses now <3.
100 Human Paladin
I solo'd razorgore in 1.5 MC's on an 85.

Nobody has any excuses now <3.

Which class did you solo it at 85?
100 Undead Priest
i've solo'd on my Priest 90 DK90 Lock 90 and Pally 88 sometimes it might take a few tries
90 Human Paladin
It's soloable, did it on this toon. Sure I could do it on my dk too.
100 Tauren Hunter
Razorgore isn't soloable. You MC him and he gets mobbed down by all the adds. You stop and all the mob mobs you down. It really needs at least 2 people. One to MC and one to fight off all the adds.

Definitely not true. I have soloed him twice. And for a hunter this is extra tricky because you can't have a pet out. Took me a few tries to sort out the strat but it works. Just read the Wowhead forums and find someone from your class that has done it. They changed some of the mechanics in 5.1 to make it more solo-friendly.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]