Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
You have made cooking really fun to level with the farm and the different factions, I'm really enjoying that. However fishing is still boring...
I will post some ideas how I consider fishing would be funnier.
1) Make a "big fish" (rare 1 on 30-40 tries) on random fishing, this would be a mini event where players have to press the correct button (<- or ->) on the screen to control its pole and avoid the big fish from leaving and breaking your fishing pole string. If the player catches this big fish he gains +5 fishing skill points.
2) Make some kind of "Monster fish" (very rare 1 on 100 tries) this would be a creature of the same level as the player but with double hp than a mob of the same level, the monster starts attacking the player (it really doesn't hurt anything it is more like a pinata) and after the player kills the monster he gains +10 fishing skill points.
3) Make a "lucky fish" (very rare 1 on 100 tries) after catching this fish you get a buff "reduces your fishing cast time by 2 secs, this effect stacks up to 5 times, last 10 mins" So dedicated fishermen can cut up to half their fishing cast time just by fishing for a while.
Any other ideas?
Have shipwrecked pools in Pandaria with loot like DMF. These are always fun.
Have "Water Spirit" pools that you can get motes of harmony from. This would be a nice alternative for healers and weaker players that cannot grind mobs to get a few motes.
Chance when fishing not in a pool to get a "Lucky Coin". Throw the coin in the water to get a 5 minute buff to sometimes fish up 2 fish in one cast.
Allow fishing to alternate in time to catch. If I cast the pole and my fishing is maxed I should really not have to wait the entire time of cast to get the fish.
The fishing channel is much longer then mining/herbing and the cast time should be the same. If I cast my pole in the water I don't think I should have to click the bobber, it should be automatically looted at this point. I understand making you click the bobber makes you think that you are interactively fishing but it is not in line with other professions and sometimes you miss the bobber, that is never fun.
This gets posted up here every once in a while. With Pandaria, it's been lots of "mini games" that people for some reason want in.
When I fish, I fish. I log into my Old Warrior (now retired) and fly him around, cast away. I watch TV or do a crossword. I don't want to have to interrupt my leisure time with mashing buttons to reel in a fish. Nor do I want to be able to target my cast, or fight monsters.
If SoH weren't already easy enough to get, I would support the pools. That was actually one of the reasons that I couldn't wait to get flying training in TBC, so I could fish for Water Motes on the Elemental Terrace. But SoH are already available: from mobs, from vale treasure boxes, from sealed crates (fishing), from gardening.
And why do you think people come here from time to time and post about new ideas for fishing? Why do you think blizzard changed cooking to a more dynamic secondary profession?
I remember I was the only player with max fishing in my guild during burning crusade and if you don't remember back then the cast time or channeling for fishing was 30 secs or more and if you didn't catch anything you won't get any skill points and to get a skill point you needed A LOT of catches, it was a lot harder (tedious) than it is now.
Fishing is the same, long, tedious and boring profession as it has always been.
The reason of this thread is not to limit the grinding part of it, I get your point, if you want to fish a set quantity you don't want to be interrupted by any mini event. My idea is that you can still grind fish at any pool and only get the mini-events at open water, that is why I brought the idea of boosting your fishing speed while fishing on pools but, will you refuse a mini event that gives you x5 the quantity of fish than a regular catch? Maybe you will, but from my pov making the profession more dynamic can be more exciting.
The reason I'm asking the community for ideas is to make the leveling process less tedious that is why I'm thinking of some mini-events where you gain 10 skill points or so, of course my ideas could be wrong, that is why brainstorming is so good.
Coming from a former "salty", who spent 3 weeks farming 4 hours each day to get the dark herring back in 2008 I can say that leveling fishing needs an improvement and cooking is a GREAT example.
please don't make mini games for fishing in open water i ONLY fish in open water because you get a varity of fish and don't have to fly all over the place and than have to try and get the bobber in a tiny pool id rather cast out 100 times to get 20 of the fish i want than than spend the same amount of time looking for pools. in fact if you want mini games there is always battle pets you can play with everything else you said i agree with even though i am at 600 fishing on several different toons and don't need the points anymore. or if they do decide to add them give the players a chance to opt out of the mini games problem solved everyones happy
Edited by Clammaster on 12/4/2012 10:56 PM PST
Posted this separately earlier, should have looked for a similar post first. Doh!
1. Each cast adds a stack of the debuff "Boredom". When the stack reaches 50, a random shiny treasure spawns next to you that you can loot for gold, items, whatever and clear the stacks.
2. At max level fishing, eliminate the trash catches. (ie weeds, driftwood, etc.) It is a minor irritation, but one nonetheless.
3. Allow a Tiller area quest to have a pond installed that spawns random freshwater Pandaria pools on a short timer.
4. Increase pools to have a few more fish. 8-10 casts with fish would be nice from a pool.
5. Engineers and/or tailors could make fishing nets that can be placed on a pool, with a channeled "spell" that nets 5 fish at the end (or some iteration).
6. Let JC's make shiny baubles that increase fishing speed by 50% for 2 minutes (they are so shiny that the fish can't resist rushing to them). They could be made with Pandaria common gems.
7. Let low level pools have a chance of getting some good leveling gear in a sealed crate or box. Would give people more incentive to level fishing as a lowbie instead of powerleveling it at 90.
8. Let fishing unflag you from PVP if you are out of combat. Dislike getting out of a random BG when I've been fishing only to get into a lakeside battle. Disturbs my fishing mojo.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.