JoinBattlefield, Post 5.1? PART 2

The popular post has reached its maximum length and I don't see another one started. Please continue posting here.

Original Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032168
90 Undead Warlock
thanks. just got freaking deserter due to raging over our team having too many bots in arathi basin. -.- i want our freaking oq back nao!
Edited by Lanceqt on 11/29/2012 5:22 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/29/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Lanceqt
thanks. just got freaking deserter due to raging over our team having too many bots in arathi basin. -.- i want our freaking oq back nao!

^agree

Look. RBGs are not the "If you want to do coordinated PvP do RBGs"

yeah sure, only if you want to get steamrolled for getting your gear. Blizzard seriously needs to go back to the TBC/Nilla system of AB1 AB2 AB3 so we that want to do things correctly can actually have a fighting chance to avoid Bots and bads.

Please take a look at this issue.

This coding pretty much wrecked this addon.
Edited by Dotwizzix on 11/29/2012 5:27 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Why use Oqueue when I can do BGs with the vast majority of my team being bots? Oqueue takes all the fun out of carrying numerous bots to the free honor their owners deserve.

/sarcasm off
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It's kind of depressing, to think that they'd take such a hostile stance to people having a good time and sidestepping the problem of bots in a way that encourages a sense of community in a game that is becoming more and more about random chance. If I wanted to gamble, I'd go to Vegas and get paid for my luck in money, not in honor/conquest points.

Bots everywhere. What are we supposed to do to counter a team of nothing but bots on our side? Suck up the loss because we happened to be unlucky? How is that fair to your player base? How is that encouraging a fun gaming environment?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
We promote Teamwork whether we win or lose we do it as a team. It has nothing to do with 'premades' stomping noobs or anything of that sort. we have players horde AND alliance joining us all the time that are completely new to pvp and to WoW. The community actually encourages the players that ACTUALLY try, to come and join us. Its about teaching/learning methods to increase success. Players that research and join groups in hopes to succeed where they previously failed have the intent to progress, and improve their experience. why work so hard to prevent REAL players from playing bot free games?
I've solo queued for a bg not long ago where the ENTIRE horde team were bots except for me. They weren't bad bots as they did focus down every single target they saw and then return to the same general area, and just stand there.
Point is... if I wanted to play with non-PLAYER-characters I wouldve just quested or do dungeons. I WANT PLAYERS VS PLAYERS not 9-Mindless-Bots+1 Player Vs 10Players./10-Mindless-Bots.
90 Goblin Priest
Would like an answer ether way. If it was Supposed to do this, or was it a AHH SH&* we messed up so sorry?

/tap
Edited by Bändäid on 11/29/2012 6:57 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Take note of the following:

Tiny is working as hard as he can to get this pushed into submission. Give him some time while he works on it, and works with blizzard.
Oqueue is still operational, however leaders are now forced to pay more attention as well as every player in the run. for Targit's Premades™ I call out 3... 2... 1... and on " 1 " the other leaders of my premade will press the join queue button. I wait 1.5 seconds AFTER i say 1. More often than not, the queue speed is successful, then its back to the " good queue, bad queue" boss.
**note: if you come in here bashing oqueue, chances are you're subject to being flamed. expect it, accept it, or don't say anything. You're laughed at and ignored if you post on lowbie toons in your poor attempt to have some disclosure.

QFT . Thank you targit.
85 Troll Druid
While there was a pretty "Hostile response" from GC on twitter concerning "Premades", we have yet to see any real output on whether their coding changes were intentionally targeted at this community or whether they were working on another issue. It would be nice to know if we were a target, or collateral damage.
90 Tauren Death Knight
attack player run groups while ignoring / condoning bots

yea, that's a winning strat
85 Troll Druid
Gotta keep those subscription numbers up. Marketing probably doesn't discriminate between "subscriber" and "player".
90 Tauren Paladin
Bump: See original thread for details!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Guys Blizzard takes notice of the moronic dialogue of General Discussion.
So lets try getting their attention there.

I posted the links of the three threads currently existing about this subject. Please help support it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200052820
90 Undead Mage
11/27/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mokkthemadd
*waits for a response*
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, lets see 515 posts zero real response.

Still waiting.
90 Draenei Shaman
For those "waiting for a response" bear in mind that Blizzard rarely has much to say in this forum. Direct responses from "Blue" are rare.

API changes/Protections are entirely at Blizzard's discretion and rarely included in patch notes. Many, but not all, AddOn developers follow API changes on the beta/test servers and compile notes and diffs of the UI code.

You can usually find an online version of the current WoW UI source at Tekkub's GitHub - https://github.com/tekkub/wow-ui-source

In many cases where Blizzard decides to protect an API call its to prevent abuse, unintended use or an outright exploit. Argue all you like about your stance on classifying this change, but don't hold your breath that someone is going to come tell you that "it's all going to be changed the way you want."
90 Blood Elf Paladin
supported /signed watched and waiting
90 Human Paladin
From Blizzard's point of view, Botting and Oqueue are equally illegal ... simply different variations on the same problem ... namely that people are writing programs that operate on the WoW platform from the outside.

Blizzard permits the existence of no software that reaches into the game from the outside.

Consider Ventrillo, for example. Thousands of players use it - but they use it entirely outside of the game; it uses zero in-game resources. Ventrillo doesn't touch WoW, and Blizzard can't touch Ventrillo.

But Oqueue (and Botting) does something outside of the game, and then passes that into the game through the User Interface. From Blizzard's perspective this means that someone other than them is writing core code for the platform, and that is expressly forbidden.

So, first of all, don't expect JoinBattlefield to return. Instead, expect other battleground related functions to go behind the shield wall.

And second, IMAO, expect Bots to return fairly quickly. AI is good enough now to figure out how to open the dialog box and click on a button ... which is all that Joinbattlefield did ... and when that happens, there will be Bots everywhere again.

Similarly ... I don't know enough about Oqueue's code to know if it can be resurrected, but if not, then something else will soon arise. There are many thousands of players who want to form pick up teams based on ability and desire to play, and the same technology that supports Bots will allow ANYONE to write code that presses buttons. So the odds are good that someone will figure out a way to do it.
90 Undead Warlock
I just don't understand how anyone can be in favor of "whichever team has fewer bots / griefers wins" unless they're one of the aforementioned influences. No one likes getting stomped, but that's part of PvP. I'd rather get stomped because I'm less coordinated or skilled than folks on the other team than getting stomped because half of my team isn't even playing the BG.

11/29/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Stoneghost
But Oqueue (and Botting) does something outside of the game

You don't know what you're talking about. oQueue is broken because it's not out-of-game. There's software which is hack-based, and that still works. I get that you're against premades, but at least offer a coherent argument rather than fabricating absurd information to support your stance.
Edited by Yaegar on 11/29/2012 12:57 PM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
From Blizzard's point of view, Botting and Oqueue are equally illegal ... simply different variations on the same problem ... namely that people are writing programs that operate on the WoW platform from the outside.

wth are you talking about? oQueue is an addon, like dbm and recount.

Blizzard permits the existence of no software that reaches into the game from the outside.

it's an addon... in-game.

But Oqueue (and Botting) does something outside of the game, and then passes that into the game through the User Interface. From Blizzard's perspective this means that someone other than them is writing core code for the platform, and that is expressly forbidden.

no it doesn't. oQueue is 100% lua and in-game only.

And second, IMAO, expect Bots to return fairly quickly. AI is good enough now to figure out how to open the dialog box and click on a button ... which is all that Joinbattlefield did ... and when that happens, there will be Bots everywhere again.

bots haven't left.

this post was just .... wow.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]