Blizzard, When, will this, be, read, y.

ANSWER
90 Night Elf Druid
Waiting for a response from a blue.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ahhh yea~!~

still waiting...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're awaiting a response, because we love playing your game with friends. We meet new friends and form groups to do things together via oQueue. Please restore the functionality to the game.

Thank you.
90 Tauren Warrior
Please Blizz,

As one who has recently started using this add on, I have to say that it really brings the fun back into pvp, as well as allowing for a great pvp community. I have met so many good people, who are kind and helpful, to not allow this add on is very sad indeed

Thank you
90 Undead Warlock
11/29/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Zeroizer
Maybe Blizz is mad someone came up with this instead of them so they are blocking it so they can release an option like this in patch 6.0.

I would say this...or maybe for legal purposes....?
After ghostcrawler said that this was an unintended side effect of an unrelated fix, he says this in his twitter:

Ghostcrawler's Twitter:

I understand that people are upset about this, but be aware that there was a reason why they made it so that premade raids can't queue up together. What those addons did was circumvent that intent. Which got fixed now.

You can still queue up with 4 friends for a random BG.
If you want organized BG's, you should do rated bg's or war games.

Never understood why it was so hard to see that concept.

That is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heard, 99.9% of the time we NEVER que for an actual "random" bg that gives the bonus honor, we que for SPECIFIC battlegrounds, looks like their catering to the casual idiot has went on again and got rid of the needs/wants of their everyday players for those few weekend warriors out there that whine on the forums everytime they get beat.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
hey is there any way to stop it from spamming me "player is ignoring you"? i think someone ignored me when i joined their queue idk? but is !@#$ing annoying
90 Undead Warrior
After ghostcrawler said that this was an unintended side effect of an unrelated fix, he says this in his twitter:

Ghostcrawler's Twitter:

I understand that people are upset about this, but be aware that there was a reason why they made it so that premade raids can't queue up together. What those addons did was circumvent that intent. Which got fixed now.

You can still queue up with 4 friends for a random BG.
If you want organized BG's, you should do rated bg's or war games.

Never understood why it was so hard to see that concept.

That is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heard, 99.9% of the time we NEVER que for an actual "random" bg that gives the bonus honor, we que for SPECIFIC battlegrounds, looks like their catering to the casual idiot has went on again and got rid of the needs/wants of their everyday players for those few weekend warriors out there that whine on the forums everytime they get beat.

is this true? did ghostcrawler actually say this? i've not seen it.

if true, he's not very bright and blizzard caved in to the lunatic rantings of
a single person. this person has been on a demented mission to remove
the very essence of the game for several months. they have also made
posts in part one of this thread.

"if you want organized bg's you should do rated bg's.... wtf is this?
i'll tell you, it's a complete disconnect to what battleground play
actually is and this kind of thinking should have no place whatsoever
in an official capacity where online mmo war games are concerned.

blizzard had a huge campaign for MoP, on television, on radio, in
print, on the internet, they used actors, musicians, etc., and loudly
said that they're putting the war back into warcraft and also put
huge emphasis on 'friends' and now, now they're backpedaling on
all of that and limiting your ability to warcraft to 4 friends and then
only in a very small corner of the game?

come on Blizzard. a mulitbillion dollar company buckling to the
lunatic rantings of a single antisocial person? and yes, a single
person. i can say this with confidence because GC is echoing
this persons very words, words they even used months ago.

absolutely unbelievable. there is no defense at all for this sort
of thinking let alone forcing such small mindedness on your
customer base. just unbelievable.

GC, if you really said that as shown above, you understand nothing.
go back to the drawing board and make it right.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Edited by Theplebian on 11/30/2012 5:52 AM PST
90 Orc Hunter
they wont respond because this would be classified as spam under the forum rules. the more we demand a response the farther we get from it. they dont want to fix this for us. its the kids that complain about getting steamrolled by a premade that are ruining this for us. its these kids that you see rezing at the graveyards and fighting on the nearest roads. if they had half a brain they would pull their heads out of their b-holes and learn the strategy and stop complaining.

or utilize the in game voice comm. it sucks but it works.

R.I.P. easy oQ premades hello vent countdown premades!
Edited by Lolkyle on 11/30/2012 3:19 AM PST
90 Undead Warlock
It's sad really that Blizz wants to cater to those who bot/afk intentionally (which are both against tos) and not promote actual teamwork.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i dont know why gc cant get the concept of playing a multi-player game. why can we que as 25 ppl for pve but we cant do that with pvp? i dont get the concept actually. its actually a bad concept no matter how you look at it. it boils down to pve once again gets everything they want and pvp gets boned.

p.s-lets go play the worlds largest game with only 4 ppl. yea gg blizzard and good bye.
90 Worgen Warrior

Ghostcrawler's Twitter:

I don't see that anywhere on his twitter feed. And given that it's too long to fit in a tweet to begin with, you's trollin'.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
*still awaiting a response/fix*
90 Undead Rogue

Ghostcrawler's Twitter:

I don't see that anywhere on his twitter feed. And given that it's too long to fit in a tweet to begin with, you's trollin'.

Yeah that never happened. If there was such a certain answer, there'd have been a blue post on one of these by now. I do believe that atm blizz is handling other issues, and will have a discussion about whether to allow similar addons.

I hope they do decide to allow them. A casual but organized style of play is currently missing from pvp. the random queues are full of bots, afks, street fighters, and people that give up 30 seconds in and complain about how bad the rest of the team is for the rest of the bg. Rated are fine and all, but they're just that rated. You need gear, and you need to be good, and you need comp to have any shot at winning. You can't grab poorly geared alts, or just have some fun in rateds. Sure in a 5 man group you can make an impact on a 10 man bg. But those other five can make just as big of a negative impact. It only takes 1 or 2 idiots to loose you the match. When you get up to 15 mans, a 5 man group isn't worth nearly as much, and it's completely useless in a 40 man bg. All you can do is back-cap, or defend the keep and hope the 15 pugs that aren't bots can manage to kill the other boss.
90 Undead Warrior

Yeah that never happened. If there was such a certain answer, there'd have been a blue post on one of these by now. I do believe that atm blizz is handling other issues, and will have a discussion about whether to allow similar addons.

I hope they do decide to allow them. A casual but organized style of play is currently missing from pvp. the random queues are full of bots, afks, street fighters, and people that give up 30 seconds in and complain about how bad the rest of the team is for the rest of the bg. Rated are fine and all, but they're just that rated. You need gear, and you need to be good, and you need comp to have any shot at winning. You can't grab poorly geared alts, or just have some fun in rateds. Sure in a 5 man group you can make an impact on a 10 man bg. But those other five can make just as big of a negative impact. It only takes 1 or 2 idiots to loose you the match. When you get up to 15 mans, a 5 man group isn't worth nearly as much, and it's completely useless in a 40 man bg. All you can do is back-cap, or defend the keep and hope the 15 pugs that aren't bots can manage to kill the other boss.

yeah, i had doubts it was actually said, that's why the 'if true'. still deserved a response :-)

casual but organized style of play. quite right. that's one of the beauties
of oQ and pav. these premade addons fill a much needed aspect of
the game that was very difficult to find especially with bg's /pvp. and
again, quite right, with your observation on the 5man contribution.

Cheers.
Pleb.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd love to see a response to this thread, or at least the restoration of functionality to the game.
90 Human Paladin
Make a damn blue post already so we don't have to dig through mountains of unsorted 140-character-max ramblings whose meanings aren't even clear. Over 500 posts about this issue just in this forum, and who knows how many in the BG forum, and not one blue post. What's the plan, ignore it and hope the thread dies and goes away? I will personally make sure that doesn't happen.
Edited by Karsi on 11/30/2012 11:15 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Trolls,

1.) I played an EotS last night with 8 real Horde players, 7 bots. GG Blizz.
2.) I can still use oQueue to queue up 13+ players who I know are humans; it has just become orders of magnitude more inconvenient due to the broken macro calls Re: Join As Group.

So trolls/opponents of oQueue: We're still continuing to stomp by guaranteeing at least 85% of our group is sentient -- stop celebrating. The argument that this blocking action has helped to combat botting is null and void.
Community Manager
I just posted a sticky on this subject here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199643338#1

In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]