JoinBattlefield, Post 5.1? PART 2

90 Worgen Druid
12/01/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Zennights

No! It's horribly broken and the best thing to do is hold our breath and pound our tiny fists on the ground.
Or we could be somewhat intelligent and find a way to keep doing enjoyable BGs with some good people.

Your joking right? ive been using it for days after the patch if you know how to do the work around its easy u just cant be sleeping and waiting for a big Leave Que button to fill your screen and sound to pull you awake you actually have to click buttons if your a leader and everyone has to leave queue when told to its a inconvenience yes but if your still wanting some quality pvp it still works

Periods. They work.
21 Night Elf Rogue
Taking it to the street peeps

Vigilante Justice, any 3 man grp can accomplish this.

Macro something like this

We are the Bot Patrol. We are here as a public service to the pvp'ers of Azeroth. Please type 4 into BG chat within the next 15 seconds or be removed from this BG as a suspected bot/afk'er.

Thank you and have a great battle.

If done during warmup the grp would stand a chance of filling up with real peeps before the match started.
21 Night Elf Rogue
12/02/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Limpstick
It would solve nothing and would only resort to real players being reported. They would get the Bot buff and would then run to attack a mob and it would drop. Just use addons to tag afk people.

I've noticed the exact opposite, if 3 people report at the same time it's an instant kick. Sometimes someone has to take one for the team if it was an innocent person and didn't follow the simple direction of typing 1 into chat.

What addon 's are you talking about?

I wonder if blizzards inaction to this problem has anything to do with a lawsuit in Germany against the bot guys?
90 Night Elf Priest
Trying to post about bot programs on official blizz forums is likely to get you banned. So please don't ask for it as you're not only getting yourself in trouble but those that try to help you as well.
91 Undead Warrior
"And that feature was removed, and it'll be back when they can upgrade the system to allow them to match larger premades against each other. Until then, Daxxarri has kindly directed you to the other options available for large-group pvp."

seems that this person is in somebody's back pocket
at blizz. how else can they know that a system to
pit premade vs premade is in the works?

would also explain why they've been lurking the vent
channels for several months and on an anti premade
crusade in normal battlegrounds.

btw, 'directing' premades to those 'other options' is
a very narrow minded suggestion. yes, there's
more going on here than what's being told and it
doesn't bode well.

sad that warcraft is being gimped by the delicate ego.

Cheers.
Pleb.
90 Human Warlock

doesn't bode well.

Cheers.
Pleb.

I read this as a poem...
... and I wept
90 Worgen Druid
12/02/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Wreckingball
SO if this is blizz's stand on us trying to avoid bots. and seems not to have a problem with bots anyone know a good bot program?

Oh be quiet. You were not trying to avoid bots before. You are just now looking for a good reason to get your God Mode Premades back. Even if you were avoiding bots you are still going against bots. That can't be fun.

And again, this change is likely coming because there are enough complaints from people going against possible premades. Most of the time what they are against may not even be premades, who knows, but perception is often reality and fighting these addons helps that perception. But why are they doing this now when Preform AV Enabler has been around for a while? Because they know it could grow into a huge problem since cross-realm groups are able to join a raid. It becomes so easy to group now when you didn't need to worry about these issues before. You knew it was a premade back then because they were all from the same server; now it's not so cut and dry.

To people who say: play with friends it's an MMO etc etc. Why should people who prefer to play alone be marginalized and treated as second-rate citizens? This is what the battleground queue system was made for: solo or small groups. To say otherwise is folly.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Really amazing. You begged for days for a blue post confirming whether or not change was intended to break your addon specifically. You got one, and yet you're still trying to convince yourselves that Blizzard didn't really mean that you should stop pub stomping.

"We have no problem with queuing mods. They should still work. We do not like using them to get around premade rules." Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/274962299779960832

Get. Around. Premade. Rules. Could it get any clearer?

Can you show me these rules please? I have been here 8 years and never seen them.
100 Human Priest
"And that feature was removed, and it'll be back when they can upgrade the system to allow them to match larger premades against each other. Until then, Daxxarri has kindly directed you to the other options available for large-group pvp."

doesn't bode well.

Cheers.
Pleb.
I think someone's tinfoil hat is too tight...
Really amazing. You begged for days for a blue post confirming whether or not change was intended to break your addon specifically. You got one, and yet you're still trying to convince yourselves that Blizzard didn't really mean that you should stop pub stomping.

"We have no problem with queuing mods. They should still work. We do not like using them to get around premade rules." Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/274962299779960832

Get. Around. Premade. Rules. Could it get any clearer?

Can you show me these rules please? I have been here 8 years and never seen them.
Ask Ghostcrawler. He seems to think it's pretty obvious what rules he's referring to. I think anyone with any common sense could see it, unless they're just bending over backwards to convince themselves that pub stomping is acceptable.
90 Human Warlock
This was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
While requesting my 6 month subscription not be renewed [earlier today] I cited error # 7199643338. ;)
90 Blood Elf Hunter
[quote="71989668285"][quote]
To people who say: play with friends it's an MMO etc etc. Why should people who prefer to play alone be marginalized and treated as second-rate citizens? This is what the battleground queue system was made for: solo or small groups. To say otherwise is folly.

And I ask you: Why should people who prefer to play with friends and community, and made the personal choice to PVP, be marginalized and treated as second-rate citizens and called cheaters and exploiters?
Is this not what 20 and 40 man instances and BG's, the 40 man world bosses, the open world PVP zones, the opening of cross realms, the inplementing of battle tags, the recruit a friend, and realm phasing? Oh and do not forget the endless number of times the word community is used in the advertising of WoW.
PVP is a personal choice. It is one of the non-scripted aspects of the game that is still allowed.
Just as PVE appeals to some and they are allowed to make that "personal" choice. PVP appeals to others and they should be allowed to make their choice.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Cylthia
Ask Ghostcrawler. He seems to think it's pretty obvious what rules he's referring to. I think anyone with any common sense could see it, unless they're just bending over backwards to convince themselves that pub stomping is acceptable.

OH...
you have not seen them either.
90 Worgen Druid

And I ask you: Why should people who prefer to play with friends and community, and made the personal choice to PVP, be marginalized and treated as second-rate citizens and called cheaters and exploiters?
Is this not what 20 and 40 man instances and BG's, the 40 man world bosses, the open world PVP zones, the opening of cross realms, the inplementing of battle tags, the recruit a friend, and realm phasing? Oh and do not forget the endless number of times the word community is used in the advertising of WoW.
PVP is a personal choice. It is one of the non-scripted aspects of the game that is still allowed.
Just as PVE appeals to some and they are allowed to make that "personal" choice. PVP appeals to others and they should be allowed to make their choice.

I don't see how you're marginalized. You still have all those things to do. Plus taking away the ability for someone else to queue for you is really nothing bad at all (which, in case you weren't aware, is all that happened).
Edited by Dysheki on 12/3/2012 12:34 PM PST
91 Undead Warrior
it's more of colander bucket hat with tin foil accents.

MoP was all about putting the war back into warcraft.
it was about grouping with friends to combat enemies.

and now just two months into this exiting new xpac
there is 'official' back pedaling to remove the warcraft
and to limit grouping with friends to a party of five.

what is this desire to turn the battleground into a
pat-a-cake parade where bots and brats rule?

saying to go rated is a fail suggestion because of the
severely broken mmr convention. war games has its
place but not in the way that's being suggested.

the random argument is also fail because most of the
premades queue specific. think that through a bit.

this patch on this point was ill considered. so we may
see a premade vs premade patch in the future but i'm
sure what it will be is a misguided type of twink queue.

how about making this patch make sense by making
every battleground in the game a 5 v 5 encounter.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Edited by Theplebian on 12/3/2012 2:05 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid

I don't see how you're marginalized. You still have all those things to do. Plus taking away the ability for someone else to queue for you is really nothing bad at all.

Still waiting on you to produce next weeks lottery number, since you can read minds, seeing the future should be easy.

I said the change is likely happening because; aka conjecture and my own personal opinion. You are super whiny.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]