JoinBattlefield broken?

100 Tauren Warrior
To OQue, or not to que, that is the question.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
ok...this has to be said. i think there's STILL a misconception that our beloved addon is TOTALLY broken. it is not. it is still quite usable for groups of people that don't have their head up their butt and listen to the team leader about good ques, get out of ques, countdowns etc. i would still prefer this to be fixed but right now there's WAY less premades to join and this need not be. let's get it together guys...i still wanna kick some ally butts.

Tiny, you're a Roman god. thanks for all you've done and are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I suspect he does. I also suspect he got rolled by a premade. Or, as is usual, he thought it had to be a premade full of multi-glads and he couldn't let that stand.

I mean, bots get worse and worse with no reprieve. But something helps players avoid bots, and within a few months they do their best to put a stop to it.

Thank you Blizzard for actually fixing the real problem.

so true
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Tiny, you're a Roman god. thanks for all you've done and are doing.

^ This

love your addon Tinymasher. thanks for all the work you have done and do to make oqueue possible.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
still waiting for an answer blizz!

**BUMP**
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Is oQ working again? cant wait to run some RBGs again once I get out of work
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Prophexor

works for RBGs now.

the problems are joining and leaving queue for regular bgs.

the vast majority of people start off doing regular bgs and then jump into RBGs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Prophexor

it's never been broken for rbgs...only randoms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tiny- maybe it would help to start a thread in a more viewed section of the forums, like the general discussion section? Idk, just trying to brainstorm so we can get a response from a blizzard employee.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Holyrose
Tiny- maybe it would help to start a thread in a more viewed section of the forums, like the general discussion section? Idk, just trying to brainstorm so we can get a response from a blizzard employee.

Most of the players in general discussion I dont want in my bgs
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Toskosa
hold up do you guy's even lift?

http://i.imgur.com/clHkt.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I never used that addon, but I would enjoy more a big BG, like AV, with more than 4 buddies..

IMO, if that change was all about bots on BG and nothing to do with the addon, then why blizz dont make it integrate with WoW or even better, take off that silly thing of queueing on a group of 5 people at most and limit it to, i dont know, 80% - 90% of the size of BG maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Euripides‏@outdps

@Ghostcrawler Do you have a stance on people queuing several groups for a random BG and using timing to ensure they end up together?

===

Greg Street‏@Ghostcrawler
@outdps You mean using a premade to stomp noobs? What do you think?

See I have the ballz to actually quote the filth.

I have a stance too, I think the whole old skool blizz design team should be retired and replaced by a new generation.

I personally interpreted GC's tweet as a supporting statement to our cause. "Using a premade to stomp noobs," WTF not!?!? <<< is how I viewed it. As someone said earlier in this thread...this is WARCRAFT not OhIFeelSorryForThoseGuysCauseTheyCantOrganizeAPremadeDueToPrinciplesOfWantingToRandomSoloQueueCraft
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
11/29/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Fistadanlys
I don't understand why people would pay to play a game, then pay an ai to play it for them.

Because they're not paying the AI to play for them, they're paying it to perform the most monotonous (see "grinding") tasks/walls that present themselves at level cap.

I'm assuming you're aware of the horror that is trying to gear up (honor grind) a fresh 90 to full Dreadful. Add other bots to the typical "I lose every game" equation and you can understand why a combination of bad teams, slow losses, mass losses, mass bots, and an extremely poor response to these bots by Blizzard is turning a lot of players towards botting this wall/grind themselves.

After all, when you see players botting for months and months at a time, completely negating the frustrations of gearing up, and seemingly avoiding any and all consequence, well you can see why some people are turning towards the "If you can't beat em, join 'em" motto.

It's sad, and it sucks to see it taking over the casual PvP scene in this game, but it's directly tied to a number of things that Blizzard has or hasn't done. This is the number one reason why people are so adamant about Oqueue getting back to a working status. The casual BG scene (i.e. any hope of it ever being viable) is completely and utterly destroyed. With the game the way it is currently, queuing alone, or even in smaller parties is almost pointless considering the risk of losing or burn out due to bot inflation on both sides.
Edited by Macloud on 11/29/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sadly, this add-on was the reason I continued to play World of Warcraft, and now I no longer feel any desire to log on if I'm forced to join bg's solo ques/5 man groups.

I don't understand why us paying customers have to suffer through BOT infested bgs/Pugs who troll or don't listen anyone who attempts to deliver a strategy.

BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!
***THIS ADD-ON IS FOR HORDE AND ALLIANCE!!!!!!*** both sides are able to us it. What makes it so unfair???

Please respond to the Oqueue community! We are human beings/customers, and deserve answers!
Edited by Stimulation on 11/29/2012 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Breaking this feature has effectively removed most of interest in wow.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
Tigole and Furor > Ghostcrawler... That is all

I think blizzard should hold a poll allowing us to vote on if he keeps his job or not.. Ghostcrawler is a plague on this game, he has been since he was given his position.. The player base pays his salary, let us decide if we want him shot calling anymore. I really hope Ghostcrawler has no college education supporting his job title. If so, he should be embarrassed to know Tigole and Furor did a way better job with in game mechanics and design than he could even pretend to do. And the only thing they had under their belt was being EverQuest guild leaders.. Fires of Heaven(Furor) and Legacy of Steel(Tigole)

FREE OQUEUE
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]