JoinBattlefield broken?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Softhoof
Breaking this feature has effectively removed most of interest in wow.

Agreed. Spent the entirety of yesterday running circles around Orgrimmar. Quickly running out of things to do, even with the release of the patch. I'm not usually one to make idle threats on public forums..., but this change has stripped me of nearly all the interest in WoW I had left and I'm struggling to see the point of continuing my subscriptions when all that awaits me is a team full of bots.

Just the day before the patch I, along with many others, had without a doubt the most fun organized IoC game in all my years of playing. That IoC game would not have been possible for any of us without OQ. Now, I guarantee I could solo queue for IoC and be put on a team with at least 10 bots, 5 people saying "I'm going to AFK until it's over", another 5 saying "just let them win" and the remaining 19 sitting at workshop waiting for the game to be over.

I don't know about the rest of the community, but that sounds like a fate worse than the seven hells to me. Apparently to Blizzard though it sounds like a lovely vacation. Please Blizzard, stop advocating and encouraging bots and start promoting team play. Start with reversing this change.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Tigole and Furor > Ghostcrawler... That is all

I think blizzard should hold a poll allowing us to vote on if he keeps his job or not.. Ghostcrawler is a plague on this game, he has been since he was given his position.. The player base pays his salary, let us decide if we want him shot calling anymore. I really hope Ghostcrawler has no college education supporting his job title. If so, he should be embarrassed to know Tigole and Furor did a way better job with in game mechanics and design than he could even pretend to do. And the only thing they had under their belt was being EverQuest guild leaders.. Fires of Heaven(Furor) and Legacy of Steel(Tigole)

FREE OQUEUE

That's a bit harsh. GC did say it was an unintentional side effect and they will look into it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
I don't think it's harsh at all.. I think it's fair. Let the people that ACTUALLY pay his salary decide if he's worth the money.. And he said that to try to halt an avalanche. Unintentional side effect of what? Why else would they disable the 2 scripts they disabled? It broke the only thing it was used for.. This was done on purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Blizz, can we get a fix on this plz?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Kenactwo
Blizzard put a limit on the number of people who can group-queue for a regular BG for a reason.

what was the reason? because people were whining about getting crushed by premades.
why were they whining? was it because they were in the premade or not able to find one?
people couldn't find one and setting one up took a lot of effort.
soooo... blizz removed it from everyone.

with oQueue... EVERYONE can create or find a premade cross all realms. now there is no reason not to allow it. you want to run with a premade? click the button and join one. your choice.

why remove the choice??

Someone created an addon that circumvented the restrictions they purposely put in place and now people are surprised and upset that Blizzard broke it? Grow up

preformav enabler has been out for 4+ years. argument moot.

keep in mind, we use to be able to queue up as raid to do AV
Edited by Tinymasher on 11/29/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
On a side note, does AV enabler work now? Not that I use it. Just curious.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
OQ is a great addon that is open for everyone to use i don't see why it won't be fixed
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Holyrose
On a side note, does AV enabler work now? Not that I use it. Just curious.

no
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While talking with some pvp friends, this topic came up and brought up some interesting points.

Why was the ability to queue for battlegrounds as a raid removed? With the current stipulation that players MUST do X amount of RBG'S to reach conquest cap and the win//loss penalties associated with running in Rbg teams..... why is it deemed unacceptable to have a venue in which to "practice" with a team before a CR penalty that results in a lower conquest cap number?

On the above train of thought...... What THE HECK are people supposed to do to get geared and maintain a CR with the current Blizzard setup for BG queuing?I would really like to know the answer to THAT question. oQueque provided a path to gearing, team communication and in some cases even helping players learn their classes with no penalty of a huge CR loss.

Sure we could War-game? But who the heck has time to set up 2x10 man teams to just go "practice"?

OQ provided the answer to that particular dilemma for many people and if Blizz is not going to provide the medium for the transition required from pve to pvp why do they take away the player's only tool in which to accomplish that hurdle? I'd like to see a reinstated Oq or bring back the ability to queue into bg's as a raid team. I personally saw Oq as a godsend when the queuing as a raid was removed. Not only that? It's a great networking tool. Having more friends to do things with is always a good thing in my book.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
11/29/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Worst
I don't think it's harsh at all.. I think it's fair. Let the people that ACTUALLY pay his salary decide if he's worth the money.. And he said that to try to halt an avalanche. Unintentional side effect of what? Why else would they disable the 2 scripts they disabled? It broke the only thing it was used for.. This was done on purpose.

"If I asked my customers what they wanted and listened, we'd have faster horses..."
- Henry Ford

I hear u man, and they said it was unintentional. Saying "it was done on purpose" makes us as a community sound like a bunch of spoiled children who got their toy taken away. Be patient, as raging has never made Blizzard employees/mgmt "open their eyes." It's like threatening to quit, it does absolutely nothing for progress. Constructive feedback is what's most valued. We are keeping this topic current by continuing the conversation but let's keep it civil.

Edit: to answer your question because it seems you didn't realize it, but they disabled the call (not a script) to auto queue or leave queue in efforts to reduce botting. When botters are unable to easily queue all of their bots that are running (and now have to do it manually), you'll see a whole lot less bots in BGs.
Edited by Dungflinger on 11/29/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Waiting for a response.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Think im just gunna call it quit on Wow. Between the class balance issues. The rampant bot problems both in PVP and PVE. I just kinda have no desire to log on anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just caught up with all of this. Bad news. I was thinking of resubbing my 10 accounts to give wow another go (currently on 10 day trial), but I may reconsider if it stays like this. They are taking the completely wrong direction to combat botters. I don't think this functionality was removed to break Oqueue, but to limit botting. Unfortunately, this wont work.

Blizzard is continuously developing the game in a way that encourages botting.

Instead of trying to put band-aids on a 10" gash, they should really evaluate what development decisions they make that would encourage someone to bot

EDIT: I can think of ways to get a premade going without the addon, but the addons really do make it so much easier.
Edited by Chalithri on 11/29/2012 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
BGs without OQ: queue up solo hoping your team has less bots than the other so you have a chance to win.

BGs with OQ: guarantee that there are no bots on your team, coordinate play better between players, and appreciate a challenge when presented with one.

Keep in mind at peak user times OQ premades can very likely go up against each other. The addon helps eliminate bots and encourages competitive and organized play without having to be RBG geared.

Also, OQ queue's people together in 5 man groups increasing the likelyhood your opponents have queued up as partial premades. Thus, OQ increases the competitiveness of regular BGs.

It doesn't get better than that.

Beat the Bots
Viva OQ
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Kenactwo
"EVERYONE" can't create or find premades across all realms.

with less effort then completing a quest, EVERYONE can dnload, install, and run the addon... immediately seeing all the premades or make their own.

oQ is not just for bgs. people use it for dungeons, scenarios, rbgs, and raids as well.

11/29/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Kenactwo
Using an addon to bypass the limitations of the game and create a premade essentially trivializes random BGs for the people using it.

at this point i realized you're a bot user and i stopped reading. ANYONE that has queued for even one BG knows about the bot issue. NO ONE wants bots
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All Hiel Tiny our new overlord!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/29/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Chalithri
They are taking the completely wrong direction to combat botters. I don't think this functionality was removed to break Oqueue, but to limit botting. Unfortunately, this wont work.

He mentioned exploit so I was thinking it was something to do to combat that stupid ON XP / OFF XP queuing that the !@#$ing Twink community has been crying about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Muffindiver
He mentioned exploit so I was thinking it was something to do to combat that stupid ON XP / OFF XP

That's what I thought of too. The addon to help people exploit into exp on games used these functions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]