JoinBattlefield broken?

90 Human Priest
I can't believe the arrogance I'm seeing here. When a player queues for a battleground using the in-game queueing system and is put up against a full premade, it does not matter that they 'could have' used an addon to circumvent the limit on premade size themselves. They're still at a severe disadvantage for no reason other than because you broke the rules and they didn't. And don't start waving your hands about bots again; two wrongs don't make a right, and 'other people are cheating' is not a defense for cheating yourself. Your addon hurts the players who don't use it just as much as the botters do.

Essentially what you're saying is that you think premade addons should be mandatory; that the ideal would be for everyone to queue only into full premades, and that anyone who doesn't somehow deserves to be farmed. It is unacceptable for you to expect the entire battleground community to put the decision of who gets to play and who doesn't into your hands. And it's unacceptable for you to expect that any addon should be mandatory for someone to even have a fighting chance at winning an unrated battleground.

It's honestly sort of funny that there's so much whining and moaning going on when your addon isn't even actually broken. You can still use it to form groups and queue normally into unrated or rated battlegrounds, you're just forced to use a somewhat less reliable method if you want to get more than five people into the same unrated battleground. It makes me wonder whether you're really upset about the inconvenience, or about having to face the evidence that Blizzard considers your 'playstyle' an exploit.
Edited by Cylthia on 11/29/2012 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Waiting for a response from a blue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street: "Yes. We have a lot of opportunities to improve that. The battleground queuing system is pretty ancient at this point. Players could only meet players from their own realm and then we extended it to battlegroup level. Meanwhile we created this whole new system for dungeon finder that then developed into raid finder and it is much more clever and advanced system. Occasionally players can still hit queues for it, but I think there is a lot of promise in taking that system and try to integrate the battleground queuing there.
We would like to able to support things like letting five players queue together for rated battlegrounds instead of having a whole group of ten before you go into it. That would be really cool. We talk more about letting players queue together as a group, even for the non-rated battlegrounds. But only matching these pre-mades with other premades. It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it."
-- 19 September 2012

http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/535-the-arena-junkies-pvp-interview-with-greg-ghostcrawler-street/page__st__40/

just for the record, oQueue was v1.0 April 11, 2012 ... on June 20th it went beta and has been improving since
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street: "Yes. We have a lot of opportunities to improve that. The battleground queuing system is pretty ancient at this point. Players could only meet players from their own realm and then we extended it to battlegroup level. Meanwhile we created this whole new system for dungeon finder that then developed into raid finder and it is much more clever and advanced system. Occasionally players can still hit queues for it, but I think there is a lot of promise in taking that system and try to integrate the battleground queuing there.
We would like to able to support things like letting five players queue together for rated battlegrounds instead of having a whole group of ten before you go into it. That would be really cool. We talk more about letting players queue together as a group, even for the non-rated battlegrounds. But only matching these pre-mades with other premades. It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it."
-- 19 September 2012
Bolded for emphasis. It's not something the battleground system currently supports, and apparently adding that support isn't easy due to the system's age. This means that currently full premades are finding themselves in severely imbalanced games against uncoordinated pugs who, purely because they queued using the in-game system rather than going outside it, have very little chance of winning the game. You have no right to take it upon yourself to add part of the functionality the devs would like to provide, when the balancing feature that would make these games both fun and competitive does not exist.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Bolded for emphasis. It's not something the battleground system currently supports, and apparently adding that support isn't easy due to the system's age. This means that currently full premades are finding themselves in severely imbalanced games against uncoordinated pugs who, purely because they queued using the in-game system rather than going outside it, have very little chance of winning the game. You have no right to take it upon yourself to add part of the functionality the devs would like to provide, when the balancing feature that would make these games both fun and competitive does not exist.

please be aware, GC is talking about something *i* had already created. he is speaking of something that was used by thousands at the time of this article... and how they could incorporate its features into the main client

as for premade matching... that's all done on the server, not client side.

which groups the blizz server decides to pit against my 2 or 3 groups is entirely server side. it knows there are 3 5-man groups queuing up... and should match it appropriately. NOTHING client side should effect that
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/29/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Tinymasher

please be aware, GC is talking about something *i* had already created. he is speaking of something that was used by thousands at the time of this article... and how they could incorporate its features into the main client

as for premade matching... that's all done on the server, not client side.

which groups the blizz server decides to pit against my 2 or 3 groups is entirely server side. it knows there are 3 5-man groups queuing up... and should match it appropriately. NOTHING client side should effect that
I am aware that these addons already existed (although I would take issue with your claim that it's something you created; pub stomping groups have been around since BC). I am also fully aware that matchmaking happens on the server side. I don't think that matters. What I am saying is that this feature does not currently exist. By giving yourself the extra coordination when the game is not able to provide you with equally coordinated opponents, you are setting up games to be severely imbalanced in your favor. Even if the game did match your fifteen man party with three five man ones, that would not be an equal match. That's why they have expressed an interest in re-adding the ability to queue as raids, but only when they are able to provide appropriate matchmaking.

So you don't get to blame Blizzard for not matching your groups against similarly sized ones. They want to, and when they can, they will. In the meantime, the five person limit stands, and using addons to circumvent it is an exploit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Queuing as a group already does increase the likelihood of being put in groups with and against other premades, it's simply not an absolute so that it doesn't push queue times. They can easily make it so that it absolutely exclusively groups with and against premades, they chose not to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/29/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Cayse
Queuing as a group already does increase the likelihood of being put in groups with and against other premades, it's simply not an absolute so that it doesn't push queue times. They can easily make it so that it absolutely exclusively groups with and against premades, they chose not to.
Yup. But only on the scale the game supports; that is, only up to 5v5. There's no way for the game to recognize that three five man parties who are queuing together are in fact one 15 man raid, or to find another 15 man raid to place them against. So using addons like these tricks the system into giving you a much easier match with less coordinated opponents.
Edited by Cylthia on 11/29/2012 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They never considered, called, indicated, or established rules that would make oqueue an exploit and GC's first post on the breaking of those functions he believed it was unintended.

Even beyond 5v5. Yesterday I queued as a 5 man group, and the other ten people on my team were a pair of 5 man groups who also queued just as their group. Queuing as any group you very frequently are put up against at least a partial group on the other side. The check goes at least that far, which means they can let it go further.

They were looking at making it go further months ago, but instead of doing it seem happy just letting battlegrounds be full of bots and afkers. Everyone has the right to be able to enjoy their time playing the game, and for people who want to do battlegrounds that meant using in-game scripting to completely remove an extremely negative and the single most complained about problem with them.

There's already been multiple threads with screenshots of people who are in games where there are more bots than players, how bad does it need to get before you think it's acceptable for players to make it better for themselves?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Need more alliance using oQueue!! I've been spamming find mesh and haven't found anyone yet, I have a 48% pvp power warrior and a decently geared resto druid. Goons#1974 add me!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Kenactwo
Cute, but way off. No way in hell would I risk my 7 year old, 13k ach pt acct over some stupid honor points.

Calling honor points stupid when you are stroking epeen on some achievement points...at least you can do something with honor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Eilane
Cylthia just because you have no friends IRL or in game doesnt mean you can crap on something other people enjoy, cry into the bottom of a beer bottle instead.

You're an idiot.

Whats your point, you know I'm right. It just stings a little because you love
nerd points.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/29/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Shâd
Cylthia just because you have no friends IRL or in game doesnt mean you can crap on something other people enjoy, cry into the bottom of a beer bottle instead.
Awww, aren't you adorable. Isn't the addon's primary use supposed to be finding premades for people who don't have friends to play with? Just because you can't win competitive games doesn't mean you should be allowed to play uncompetitive ones. I do just fine queuing with five man parties. (You know, my actual friends, rather than a massive team of like-minded pub stompers an addon found for me.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Cylthia
Awww, aren't you adorable. Isn't the addon's primary use supposed to be finding premades for people who don't have friends to play with? Just because you can't win competitive games doesn't mean you should be allowed to play uncompetitive ones. I do just fine queuing with five man parties. (You know, my actual friends, rather than a massive team of like-minded pub stompers an addon found for me.)

Translates to...gets stomped often in randoms...comes crying to the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/29/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Shâd

Translates to...gets stomped often in randoms...comes crying to the forums.
Nope. Translates to 'thinks cheating is lame.' :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]