5.1 anyone else notice less pet HP?

90 Human Warlock
I've noticed this patch my demon's health (all of them) is significantly reduced. Why is that?

My voidwalker and voidlord had 238,000 and 282,000 ish respectively. On patch day my voidwalker now has 186,000 hp. This does not factor in shadow bulwark which would temporarily put my voidlord over 300k; which no longer does.

The character remains at 402,000 hp so that source for pet HP (some of it is "off of" your own) is unchanged.

Did the major glyph of demon training stop working? I was under the perhaps mistaken impression it buffed the health of all the demons? Or is it supposed to only buff that of the Felguard; which also now has a less than spectacular health pool.

Was it bugged before? I hope to hell that was not the case. I remember noticing my pets had more HP than those of other locks without the demon training glyph; but their character HP was in the same ballpark as I.

I like the larger health pool on the pets in addition to the now more useful pet heal (I can out heal most damage they take) as I like to greedily...greedily mind you; pull more than a few mobs with the blue berry to move the questing along. Years past; that pet heal was pitifully insignificant.

I've looked in other non blizzard forums, did searches...no one else has mentioned it that I've found. I can't be the only one. I also tried dismissing and re-summoning.

I submitted a bug report but /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Glyph of demonic training alters each pet differently, read the tool tip for explanation.

Personally I have not noticed any difference, will check when i get home. Are you using soul link?? if that is active it will drastically reduce their hit points while linking their HP pool to yours by like 50% I think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Glyph of demonic training alters each pet differently, read the tool tip for explanation.

Personally I have not noticed any difference, will check when i get home. Are you using soul link?? if that is active it will drastically reduce their hit points while linking their HP pool to yours by like 50% I think.

No; no soul link. Not a fan of that one. It works poorly with my play style ;-). I like the sort of "bubbles" from the other two. Re soul link; that my pet is using my HP pool while its getting beat on or on fire instead of me healing it under a controlled moment; really doesn't work for me, personally.

I'd rather just insta summon another one via demonic rebirth (demo) or soulburn up a fast one (afflic) or drop a second one (grimoire of service)
Edited by Hohenzollern on 11/29/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Adding another thought; I wonder if something changed with how the pet benefits from the portion of my health that comes from the mining bonus?

Also yesterday after being 183...with NO stam buffs; just spell food; was at 202k on the regular void walker (note above before patch it was 238k). My own health points are still 402k.

Posting now; as in game my void walker HP is 201k. So it is "floating" or changing via some mechanism. Gear upgrades come sufficiently slow so that has not changed.

I don't have an HP visible mod like we used in vanilla; no UI mods; I do my own macros and keybinds; so the UI is unaltered.

I remember a note but not from which patch that was going to change mining bonus from STAM to flat HP points...which is annoying as root stam is better; as it is more of a boost down the line. THing is my own HP is unchanged; but could the pet benefit less via the mechanism that bases what pet gets from the HP the character has?

I also notice an issue lately with funnel health to pet; there is significant loss of HP on the character end...significant for what I give the pet or the regen of same is not there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You are not seeing things. My void lord used to have 238K of HP prior to 5.1 release and now he's got 197K of HP. The only buffs I have active is dark intent and my alchemists flask.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
before 298k void health, today 238k health....same gear/glyphs/buffs... oh wait, i know it was in patch notes right??
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
lol. now my wrathguard has 283k health, i believe it was 226k before 5.1. did wrathguard and voidlords health get switched? another bug? geez.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think I can answer this.

At some point in the patch notes, I seem to remember a change to our passive, Demonic Armor. This changed it from providing a passive 10% stamina buff to a 10% health buff.

I have a feeling that demons receive a % based upon out stamina, NOT our actual health. So your demon is reading a lower value than it did before. I doubt this alone would account for that large a change, and I'm far too tired / lazy to do any math to find out.

Another inkling I have is that the made it ignore to health boost from Demon Armor altogether (this is if the demons do in fact get their health based off a percentage of our health pool).

I'm sure there are ways to test these ideas in game, but I'll leave that for someone else to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]