frost mage pvp

90 Worgen Warrior
Hi guys
So recently I've dust off my frost mage that has been sat for months and hit 90 to do some pvps
and almost every bg I went in ppl focus me like mad mans
dk/war/hunter/spriest/etc etc, its like kill on sight
and because of the ice barrier/cone of ice nerf I found myself pretty hard to get away in 1 vs 2+ situation and end up dead.
do anyone else feel the same way?
I feel like because of the pvp nerf every class is trying to r me as many times as possible before any other patch comes out
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think it's that bad, regardless of the changes. Gear is a huge factor in pvp right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Get geared. Even with 6-8 pieces of Honor gear you're going to get your butt handed to you from Warriors, Hunters and Warlocks.

And by that I mean you're gonna get globaled. Just make peace with it.
Edited by Laizhensil on 11/29/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
^^^^^
This. I am still getting globaled by a lot of people, and I have contenders plus 8 pieces of dreadful. Im gonna start doin arenas so I can at least get some molevelent. They made the gap between dreadful and molevolent sooooooo big.

Welcome to world of BURSTcraft
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
11/30/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Delonn
They made the gap between dreadful and molevolent sooooooo big.

Is "molevolent" gear from the underground fighting scene?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Regarding gear, malevolent is definitely a huge upgrade from dreadful. However the malevolent weapons are only ilvl 470, which is something i just noticed this week. In terms of performance, the difference from full dreadful to malevolent seems to be your offensive potential, and pulling off this "100-0 deep freeze' that I keep hearing about. Once I got to about 6k resilience, I stopped having major survivability issues.
11/30/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Macarther
They made the gap between dreadful and molevolent sooooooo big.

Is "molevolent" gear from the underground fighting scene?

I like you. You can stay.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Mage
Even fully geared you will still get blown up from time to time, just need to hit harder than they do. Don't expect to win 2v1 unless you out gear them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Global or be globaled.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/29/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Vánagandr
I found myself pretty hard to get away in 1 vs 2+ situation and end up dead.

Most DPS classes feel the same pain. When you find yourself in a 1vX situation and you are capable of turning it unto a XvX situation (i.e. meeting up with your group members), always do it. PvP isn't just about what your class can do, but how well you can strategize. Going into a battle with less troops than your enemy is putting yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
^^^

People always want to be hero players, thinking they can take 1 v 2 everytime. I myself am guilty of that even in my current gear and I get globaled by a warrior and dk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]