BG Scoring

90 Dwarf Hunter
Hi guys,
Can someone please point me to information on how battlegrounds like WSG and Alterac are scored? I can't figure out how some one with o kb's 1 death and 41 hk's can possibly get more honor than someone with 20kb's, 4 deaths and 37hk's. The more I look at the scores, the less sense they seem to make.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honorable kills get you honor, killing blows are just whoever gets the final damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Like he said, KBs really don't count for much (if anything). They just mean you got the last hit.

I'm pretty sure that WAAAAAY back when they implemented the honor system to begin with (like, Vanilla WoW), they already had it worked out so that the system kept track of how much damage each player does to a target that dies, and awards honor accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if it still worked like that.

So somebody who is dishing out tons of punishment but doesn't get very many "last hits" on kills is will get more honor than somebody who's just picking people off with 10% hp.

Likewise, they're both probably getting more honor than somebody who's dealing tons of damage to say, a warrior that's being healed and never dies.
Edited by Scrappy on 11/29/2012 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/29/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Scrappy
So somebody who is dishing out tons of punishment but doesn't get very many "last hits" on kills is will get more honor than somebody who's just picking people off with 10% hp.

I'm glad the system works this way too. For some classes, KBs aren't easy to get but that doesn't mean we didn't do our part and/or aren't good at PvP.
Most of my time in BGs (as a boomkin) is spent just DoTing everyone and everything in sight and CC'ing. I do a ton of damage but I get almost 0 KBs. I suppose I could get a few KBs if I tried, but by the time I got off one of my 2 second casts a DK will come howling blast his way to the KB lol. I find in general melee classes get more KBs than casters, so it wouldn't necessarily be fair to distribute honor based on KBs.

I do believe you also get more honor if you cap flags/bases.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I believe honor from HK's is evenly split among the people who earned the HK. If an HK is worth 20 (not sure of the actual number), and you are the only participant you get 20. If you are in a zerg of 10 people, you get 2 honor. I don't believe the amount of damage or healing you do affects that (other than you'll usually get more HK's with better damage and healing).

There is some honor related to bg objectives (you get honor for guarding a flag in AB, for instance).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The honor score you see on the scoreboard includes the "first of the day" bonus.

Took me forever to figure out why some people with worse scores were getting higher honor. It's because of this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]