Unearned opposite faction mounts?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I just want to get a little perspective from other people before reporting a bug. I have the spectral wolf, requiring exalted with Hellscream's Reach, and a couple of Sunreaver mounts. I have never worked toward these mounts - my main is Alliance. Neither of my level 85+ horde characters is exalted with Hellscream's Reach. I'm fairly positive that these three mounts, and who knows how many others, were not earned on this account. I have never done any faction changes to any of my characters. (I am not missing any mounts.)

Anyone else experience anything similar?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Can you actually use them, or are they just showing up in your journal?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Do you obtain the alliance equivalents in the normal way? Maybe this is related to the change that gave us cross-faction motorcycles and mammoths. And possibly even intentional. It's not obviously wrong that putting in the work to get one faction's version shouldn't give you access to the other faction's version.

I do have the armored blue wind rider and sunreaver dragonhawk and hawkstrider. I never purchased them, but I did purchase the Alliance equivalents.
Edited by Keeblik on 11/30/2012 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can use the mounts. And while anything is *possible*, I'm going to hold out hope that the dev team hasn't turned mount-earning into a complete farce, and report this as a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As far as i know AT and HR mounts do get converted to the ally/horde equivalent if you have an opposite faction toon since my rouge has them and i've never really done much on her.

Why those mounts convert over even if you haven't done the AT on a certain faction idk when the core home faction mounts don't even convert.
Edited by Wilhelm on 11/30/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/30/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Kyun
I'm going to hold out hope that the dev team hasn't turned mount-earning into a complete farce

/eyeroll

All this does is give you the opposite-faction equivalent of the mounts you already earned, something that already happened pre-Mists when you transferred factions.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/30/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Kyun
I can use the mounts. And while anything is *possible*, I'm going to hold out hope that the dev team hasn't turned mount-earning into a complete farce, and report this as a bug.
Its been a farce ever since the armory counted opposite faction mounts. It needs to be fixed, then this whole opposite faction stuff wouldnt matter. Not to mention you dont get them all either.

Im missing PVP mounts, AT mounts (Even though I did have them) on the horde side.Its stupid. Get one mount, and your total count goes up by 2.
Edited by Eillesa on 11/30/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]