Hey Blizzard thanks for Operation: Shieldwall

41 Gnome Priest
11/30/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Somaliu
I in no way implied that. I'm saying those that complain about PvP happening on a PvP server should not be on the server.

You are saying that. This isn't really PvP, it's mass ganking and imbalanced servers have been a growing problem for a while, it's only more obvious on a PvP server because you have pretty much no chance.

There is a PvP solution to every single problem. For instance, why did all the alliance leave the OPs server ? Was the community so horrible that they thought the grass would be greener on the other side ? Did they have friends that played on the other side and want to join them ? etc. etc. Instead of coming here and complaining about the situation and showing any concern about actually brainstorming ways to fix this perceived issue the OP went on a sarcastic rant which just shows they have no want to have it fixed.

There is no PvP solution for when there are 10 level 90 alliance online to the 1000+ level 90 horde that are online. It's basically you are just screwed. People leave servers, and transfer factions because no one wants to be on the losing side. Faction transfers did far more harm than good in this respect. It's obvious it's annoying to the OP, but being a PvE kiddie you really don't have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to being on an extremely imbalanced PvP server. It has become more and more of an issue over the years and it really has been killing PvP servers because the lesser faction is just gone.

What is stopping the OP (and others that want to play PvP) from re-rolling on a new server where the faction balances are better ? What is stopping them from trying to encourage their friends to come and join their faction on their current server to help fix the problem ? Why is it Blizzard's responsibility to fix the OP's Problem ?

Everyone doesn't want to just start from scratch, or pay to move all their characters to a better server. Blizzard with faction changes really screwed up a lot of servers, and they should attempt a solution for this problem. The rest of that paragraph was just pointless.

I probably wouldn't have even posted if the OP had worded a constructive feedback / suggestion thread instead of just ranting.

I'm guessing you probably would have because you thought it was hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can you tell me when he created that character on that server? Much obliged.

Can you tell me when he was not informed that it was a PvP server and that PvP could happen at any time ? Oh wait it was a big pop up when he created the character.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
it's interesting... I'm on a server that is heavily horde dominated. For having such limited numbers, the alliance on my server are pretty aggressive PVP wise. It kinda makes sense tho... if you and your friends like to pvp are you gonna roll trolls on a horde dominated server and.... duel each other outside org? Or are you gonna roll humans and rofflestomp the multitudes of horde noobs out in the world trying to do dailies? (okay, okay... If you're interested in PVP you're gonna roll human regardless of anything else)
Edited by Poliwag on 11/30/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/30/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Saev
Why did you roll on a PVP server if you wanted to peacefully PVE?

This is the first time in 2 Xpacs that world pvp has been even remotely prevalent. Get used to these posts as all the crybaby PvEers who thought they'd be cool and roll on a PvP server, start to really understand the only difference between the two.

To OP, cry about it some more. You're on a PvP server, either get some friends and fight back, pick a low pop time to get on and do your dailies, or just don't do them.

I'll never understand how these people think they'll actually get some sympathy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sounds like the OP picked the wrong server type!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Healstime
I'm guessing you probably would have because you thought it was hilarious.

Actually as someone who has posted on these forums for years this is the first PvP server imbalance thread I ever posted in. The OP just came off as such a whining crying brat that I couldn't resist.
Reply Quote
41 Troll Warrior
11/30/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Somaliu
Or try to encourage people to come play the other faction on your server. Just because they are the enemy does not mean they can't be your RL friend.

So, pay money...

Also, I have plenty of RL friends playing on an imbalanced server. We already transferred factions once when the balance was actually the other way around and aren't paying again.

11/30/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Somaliu
And re-rolling is still free.

My time is not free.
Edited by Hauthorn on 11/30/2012 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
11/30/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Somaliu
Can you tell me when he created that character on that server? Much obliged.

Can you tell me when he was not informed that it was a PvP server and that PvP could happen at any time ? Oh wait it was a big pop up when he created the character.

Just stop. Your posts are headache inducing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why are you still adding to this conversation. You have no pvp experience, no bg rating, no arena teams.

Feat of strength sergeant title back when that actually meant something. Nope never did any PvP at all.

World PvP when Shu'halo first opened was HUGE even tho it was a PvE server mostly due to two guilds (Alliance : Widows of Shu'halo and horde : The Village Idiots) where they were always fighting all over the map quite constantly. I was the guild leader of Widows. Like I said I do enjoy world PvP.

I tried arenas once when they first came out (on my shaman healer at the time) and almost fell asleep they were so boring as we went 7-0. I don't like organized PvP but I do enjoy a good fight with the other faction every now and then and will do so if the need, want and opportunity arises.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bite the bullet and transfer to or re-roll on a PvE server. No need to be decked out in pvp gear and always watching your back while doing stuff out in the world.
It's very peaceful. Some times I miss the excitement of PvP servers, thought about going back. Nahhhh
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
11/30/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Znsk
Sounds like the OP picked the wrong server type!

Being on Sargeras alliance, when was the last time you've even seen a horde from your server out in the world?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I know. His pve is bad, his pvp is bad. Yet he still thinks he is an authority on anything.

Hell even his daily reps are bad...

Raid team is fairly casual (starting Garaj next) and I have fun doing it as tank.
I haven't PvP'd since I started tanking in wrath.
Never said I was an authority.

Your right my 'daily' reps are bad because I don't need to get them all maxed to get what I want. I'm revered with more than enough to get everything I can with VP and I switched to shieldwall for the 496 gear but as it will take about 2 weeks to get revered I'll have the valor to buy the items by then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've found that on my server, even though the Horde outnumber us, they often leave us alone. It's a good thing too, because I've also realized that the majority of them suck really bad at PvP, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You cant even gem/enchant correctly. What makes you think anyone is going to take your opinion seriously?

never had any complaints. Actually most times I get compliments from healers while tanking and top damage meters in raids and 5-mans while doing it.

I'm sorry I don't follow the 'simulations' to tell me how to play my class and instead actually, you know, play my class.

edit : but please tell me what I'm doing wrong. <-- sarcasm as it won't change anything.
Edited by Somaliu on 11/30/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]