Hey Blizzard thanks for Operation: Shieldwall

90 Night Elf Mage
Well mostly Alliance outnumbers Horde, except on PvP servers.

Sargeras server pop says otherwise :P

Seriously though, while the OP did sign up for PvP, they probably joined when the server was still relatively more balanced. They did not sign up for the massive imbalance in factions, so that argument is trash. I can understand the frustration of the OP, however, sadly at this point only Blizz can fix it really, not just the players. All I can say is, stick it out with doing the dailies or pick a better balanced server, OP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/30/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Lughnasadh
Without forcing people to relocate to different servers to help balance faction balances, how can you fix what is a player issue?

Remove servers restrictions. Let people "play" on whatever server in the region they want. Exception being, those flagged as a PVPer should be limited to PVP servers, PVE to PVE, PVP RP to PVP RP and PVE RP to PVE RP.

In fact, leave out servers. You just log in, and Blizz places you in a random server, based on population. You can always group via friend/chat/guild lists, and then the game would utilize the CRZ systems to place you in the same "server".

Downsides:
1) Need regional auction houses (downside from development standpoint, not players...except for the AH lords who will have a bit more competition +) ). Would probably have to be more like the D3 AH (not the RMAH), where you have limited AHs, but certain goods are "commodities" (i.e. mats) that can be posted in bulk.
2) Complete loss of server identity, but honestly, some servers already don't have that
3) Hardware/Networking hassle - I don't envy them setting that up...
4) Character identity, would have to steal D3s mechanism for tieing names to the Battle Id and not the character name
5) Mailing...yeah, that will be fun, which Legolas did you mean there? +)
6) Loss of server transfers - Depending on viewpoint, it is less mechanisms to maintain, but then again, you don't have to worry about your server dieing because of something out of your control
7) Rare spawns - Will be difficult to group for, as your "server" may have it up, but others would not. Might be better to steal a page from FF here, and make it so the raid bosses (i.e. Sha/Galleon) are spawned by the players after completing a quest chain (repeatable) with some respectable measure of effort (i.e. grinding Skyshard Crystal like items to spawn galleon, killing enough hatred spawns for Sha)

Upsides
1) Bigger pool of players to pull in for content. Guild recruiting, quests, 5-mans, etc
2) Better faction balance (at the least regarding #s, since the game will assigning you/your group to an appropriate server based on group size on server balances)
3) Economies will be "thriving" as there won't be any "dead" servers

...probably not a likely possibility for WoW, but I hope this gets considered for Titan.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
A 10:1 ratio is pretty terrible. Those that are saying "quit crying about pvp on a pvp server" are probably both bad at pvp and very unlikely to join an under-represented faction.

Simple solution: Blizz should provide incentives to join the under-represented faction.

Free (or heavily discounted) faction changes from high pop faction to low pop faction when ratio exceeds 2:1.

Comparatively lower AH fees and more gold in loots for low pop faction.

Etc. They probably won't do these until they see if CRZ is a good enough fix. But CRZ only improves population imbalance, and it does not compensate much when one side is mostly from one server, organized into guild groups, with better communication and organization. I think actually encouraging faction changes will still be needed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Veratul
Think twice before you tell other people how to play, cause you aren't doing it right.

Opinions. We all have them. Yours are just wrong. I've actually had this argument on the monk forums and proven that haste is not the be all end all for WW. I'm sorry I can't devote as much time to raiding as you do to get a couple bosses ahead of where I am now. Eventually I'll get there but I'm in no rush.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Veratul
Why did you roll on a PVP server if you wanted to peacefully PVE?

Yeah, I mean who cant see 8 years into the future and know faction balances on every server?

OP is either a moron or not Nostradamus.

/sarcasm

I need to squeegee all of these tears off my monitor, they just keep pouring through the screen in this thread. Between that and my laughing, it's getting difficult to read.

After that I'm going to go do my dailies in peace, knowing I can't be killed by other players.

You all rolled on a server where the only difference between it and ones like mine is that you can kill and be killed by the other side. There was never a promise or anything that could be construed as a promise that both sides would be balanced against each other in a nice, clean, fair fight.

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄░░░░░░░
▄▀▀░█░░░░▀█▄▀▄▀██████░▀█▄▀▄▀████▀░░░░░░░
█░░░█░░░░░░▀█▄█▄███▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄░░░░░
█░░░█░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░█░░░░
█░░░▀█░░█░░░░▄░░░░▄░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░█░░░
█░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█▀▄░░
░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░█░░
░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██░░░░
░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░▀█░░
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▄░█▀▀░█▀█░█░░░░█░▄░█░█░▀█▀░█░█░░█░▀█▀░
█░█░█▀▀░█▀█░█░░░░▀▄▀▄▀░█░░█░░█▀█░░█░░█░░
▀▀░░▀▀▀░▀░▀░▀▀▀░░░▀░▀░░▀░░▀░░▀░▀░░▀░░▀░░
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stay mad 8]
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well your opinion really doesnt mean anything then does it?

You cant even gem/enchant correctly. What makes you think anyone is going to take your opinion seriously?

The fact that she was smart enough to figure out that ganking can and will happen on a pvp server. Gemming has nothing to do with people's ignorance in picking a server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Greenarciah
A 10:1 ratio is pretty terrible. Those that are saying "quit crying about pvp on a pvp server" are probably both bad at pvp and very unlikely to join an under-represented faction.

no...we're all correct. YOU CHOSE THE ENVIRONMENT TO PLAY IN! It'd be like me complaining about losing everything to player pirate corporations in EVE if i happen to fly to the wrong place at the wrong time. I chose to play that game knowing all the risks and the 100% pvp environment that it endorses. ...I actually don't play eve for that very reason even though I like the game.

You all knew the risks of the pvp environment you chose. If you don't like your current situation, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! ...server transfer, rally your population to come together, get better at pvp...what have you.

Until you stop crying to blizzard about "waa waa, do something about this -unfair player made situation-", there will always be us always bring the "QQ, pvp happened on pvp servers, TO THE FORUMS" to you guys. ...because it's your own fault. it's your own choice. pvp is 1v1 or 100v1. DEAL WITH IT!
Edited by Mandulis on 11/30/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I need to squeegee all of these tears off my monitor, they just keep pouring through the screen in this thread. Between that and my laughing, it's getting difficult to read.

After that I'm going to go do my dailies in peace, knowing I can't be killed by other players.

You all rolled on a server where the only difference between it and ones like mine is that you can kill and be killed by the other side. There was never a promise or anything that could be construed as a promise that both sides would be balanced against each other in a nice, clean, fair fight.

Oh look an idiot who also enjoys posting outdated memes. Who would have believed it to be possible?
Edited by Healstime on 11/30/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's odd pve players would be making critical comments in this thread. How does this issue even concern you? So long as nobody is making serious suggestions that might negatively affect gameplay on pve servers, why not let the pvp community discuss the issue without harassment?

PvP as it stands is not perfect and we can/ should offer feedback to improve it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's odd pve players would be making critical comments in this thread. How does this issue even concern you? So long as nobody is making serious suggestions that might negatively affect gameplay on pve servers, why not let the pvp community discuss the issue without harassment?

PvP as it stands is not perfect and we can/ should offer feedback to improve it.

I agree, and pretty much stated as much. But the amount of feedback / suggestions for improvements by the OP in this thread is 0.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/30/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Znsk
Sounds like the OP picked the wrong server type!

No, more than likely, when he first joined that server, it was more balanced. Since then, not so much. As OP appears to be the sort of player who enjoys playing on certain characters and has reasons for not transferring to other realms (friends, family on current server), it is foolish to make assumptions without first taking the time to do a little thinking before posting such ignorance.

Thank you and have a good day.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

no...we're all correct. YOU CHOSE THE ENVIRONMENT TO PLAY IN! It'd be like me complaining about losing everything to player pirate corporations in EVE if i happen to fly to the wrong place at the wrong time. I chose to play that game knowing all the risks and the 100% pvp environment that it endorses. ...I actually don't play eve for that very reason even though I like the game.

You all knew the risks of the pvp environment you chose. If you don't like your current situation, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! ...server transfer, rally your population to come together, get better at pvp...what have you.

Until you stop crying to blizzard about "waa waa, do something about this -unfair player made situation-", there will always be us always bring the "QQ, pvp happened on pvp servers, TO THE FORUMS" to you guys. ...because it's your own fault. it's your own choice. pvp is 1v1 or 100v1. DEAL WITH IT!

Please just go play on a server with a massive imbalance and then come back here and talk, you're just making yourself look like a fool. "rally your population..." what population? It's clear you are just flying by the seat of your pants. Massive imbalances are a problem and it is a growing one that pretty much turns servers into one faction exclusive servers. I know it's so easy for people who aren't on these kinds of servers to talk about them, but you really are just clueless.
Edited by Healstime on 11/30/2012 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Where the hell do all these bad players come from who think they have a horse in this race?

Nice pve there bro, nice pvp too.

Ill wait for your excuses. Im sure they will explain everything.

I'm not the one crying like a petulant child about "unfair" server rulesets.

What's your excuse? Ganking isn't "honorable" ? It's not "fair" ? You didn't know that the other team can also rove in gangs of 40 and turn your tight end into a wide receiver?

You're as mad as you're trying to make me and it's hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/30/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Mandulis

Wow, talk about reading comprehension failure.

I specifically mentioned that Blizz should encourage faction re-balancing... "Doing something about it" as you demanded. Nowhere did I suggest nerfing pvp gameplay.

And I am absolutely right about players such as you. The vast majority of you, screaming that we should never complain or offer any negative feedback on imbalanced or otherwise poor pvp gameplay, are simply bad at pvp and would never join a pvp situation where you faced any kind of long odds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]