Hey Blizzard thanks for Operation: Shieldwall

90 Human Paladin
You'd have an argument if Blizzard wasn't purposely putting out new content that encouraged PvP. That hasn't been the case in the past few years, so the imbalance wasn't as large as a problem.

So basically you were playing on a pvp server in order to sit in your city and enjoy world of queue-craft? Now that everyone needs to go out into the world and there are hubs that promote world pvp, you have a problem with your server?

11/30/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Trickee
Now they're putting out dailies that specifically encourage world PvP (which isn't a bad thing), and it makes the imbalance on PvP servers pretty gamebreaking.

So you don't think encouraging world pvp is a bad thing, and yet for a few years you've remained on an imbalanced world pvp server in hopes that they wouldn't encourage world pvp? Which is it, did you want them to encourage world pvp on your server, or not?
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
11/30/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Znsk
You never played arthas horde in late 2004/early 2005 if you think that, when there was that zerg guild (can't remember the name) that hit max members in january. It was one of the worst day 1 servers in the US East for balance. So many Alliance top guilds at launch including Ret and Reign...horde was just a mix mash until way later when the big guys (Aurora/TG/Pyre/etc) started coming up. I will give you that Sargeras is just as bad if not worse, and yes you're right...arthas is horde dominated now. Doesn't matter. OP still picked the wrong server type. And no offense to all the softies that play this video game now, but the ganking was worse back in vanilla when you were outnumbered. No flying away, no other continents like outland/northrend/etc to spread out the population, you were just a walking/riding target everywhere you went. I don't feel bad for ANYONE crying about CRZ. And speaking of that, Sargeras battlegroup is horde dominated. So yeah things are fine and dandy for me in pandaria, but as soon as I leave its back to the old ways...horde everywhere. And I love it that way. CRZ is one of the best things they have done to this game in recent years, in my opinion.

Yes, I know about Arthas horde. A lot of servers had imbalance issues prior to server transfers, but Arthas was never as bad as a lot of servers are now. Sure there was a lot of world pvp in favor of the alliance, but it was more like the scrappy underdogs. It was more like 3 or 4 to 1 on Arthas. You still had a community with raiding guilds and an active AH. Server transfers did actually helped to balance a lot of servers.

I really don't understand the logic of people who think that the destruction of PvP servers and turning them into single faction servers is a good thing. It's a terrible argument, removing the pvp element of pvp servers is just an awful idea.

Additionally with the CRZ, it's not that bad and you don't find many horde out in the world (doing pet battles, arch etc. doesn't count). I know prior to MoP there was huge battles between horde/alliance at the darkportal and even in Hatala. But it's silly to pretend like you are any kind of underdog out in the world with CRZ.

Edit: Also remember there were really no forced PvP encounters, it was all player made, until a really later patch that brought the EPL towers. Dailies weren't even around.
Edited by Healstime on 11/30/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/30/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Trickee

You'd have some excuse if the faction transfers just happened, but you've had years to adjust. Or are you telling me that you just now realized that there was a population imbalance on your server?

You'd have an argument if Blizzard wasn't purposely putting out new content that encouraged PvP. That hasn't been the case in the past few years, so the imbalance wasn't as large as a problem. Now they're putting out dailies that specifically encourage world PvP (which isn't a bad thing), and it makes the imbalance on PvP servers pretty gamebreaking.

How is this significantly different from Tol Barad? The only real difference is the new hubs are required part of Wrathion questline, while TB was not a required part of any PVE objective (unless you felt it required to clear that associated raid instance every week) However, even then it does not seem like much is required to satisfy Wrathion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
11/30/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Trickee
Probably because for the first 4-5 years we were on those servers it was balanced? It only became imbalanced when Blizzard allowed faction transfers. Now all of a sudden that's our fault? Awesome logic.

Trickee, I realize you're upset (and to a large degree I think you have a right to be). However, take a careful look at the statement above and follow one thing for me. Blizzard -allowed- faction transfers. They didn't -require- them. They didn't -force- them. They simply -allowed- them. So...who took advantage of that? Who are the people who flocked over and over, server after server to 'the winning side'? Those are the people to blame. And universally, they are the players.

So yes, it is the player's fault. It is not -every- players' fault, but the blame does rest on the playerBASE as a whole. Blizzard helped by opening the can of worms in the first place, but they didn't incentivize anything, they didn't offer rewards for changing. They just gave people the option.

Honestly, I doubt they expected so many crying losers to go swapping sides just so they could win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
One silver lining to being seriously outnumbered: yes, you will usually lose... But occasionally you'll win a fight against long odds (especially if press that cc button often)!

And when you win that kind of fight, that tends to leave a big smile on your face the rest of the day, and it often remains something to think of fondly in the months and years ahead. (You can doubly smile as you watch the other side rez sheepishly, pointing fingers at each other.). So go ahead and die a lot, just be sure to give the bastards all they can handle each time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/30/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Sandratowers
I blame Bieber elves

that one line made me lol :)
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Probably because for the first 4-5 years we were on those servers it was balanced? It only became imbalanced when Blizzard allowed faction transfers. Now all of a sudden that's our fault? Awesome logic.

Trickee, I realize you're upset (and to a large degree I think you have a right to be). However, take a careful look at the statement above and follow one thing for me. Blizzard -allowed- faction transfers. They didn't -require- them. They didn't -force- them. They simply -allowed- them. So...who took advantage of that? Who are the people who flocked over and over, server after server to 'the winning side'? Those are the people to blame. And universally, they are the players.

So yes, it is the player's fault. It is not -every- players' fault, but the blame does rest on the playerBASE as a whole. Blizzard helped by opening the can of worms in the first place, but they didn't incentivize anything, they didn't offer rewards for changing. They just gave people the option.

Honestly, I doubt they expected so many crying losers to go swapping sides just so they could win.

I'm just a drug dealer, i only allow people to buy my drugs. I don't force people to buy them or require that people buy them, just allow. Therefore i am innocent and if you want to stop the drug problem in some neighborhoods look at the users not the dealers.

I am on a pvp server that was balanced before faction transfers, horde had WG about 55% of the time with alliance getting maybe 1-2 stacks of tenacity. Faction transfers came out and almost over night horde owned WG 90% of the time and alliance got a really high tenacity (can't remember what it got up to). EVERY SINGLE GAME.

As a horde player who enjoys some wpvp every now and again it became rather boring.
Edited by Oldik on 11/30/2012 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
OK ive played in vanilla when things were more balanced. I chose a pvp server because my friends were there and i liked the idea of occasionally fighting a horde. But now its gotten out of hand where you stand no chance at all and cant even do your dailies to progress. Its not even like the other faction wants a fair fight its usually a 5v1 stunlock and blow up spree. THEN if you happen to get into a fair fight which is very unlikely that other guy will just call his whole guild over to kill and camp you. Years ago i agreed with the "you chose a pvp server deal with it argument". But i would like to see right now someone who cant even res their own body to complete a quest say they are having fun. Bliz has been supporting the idea of allowing players to experience all content but pvp dailies on such unbalanced servers wont achieve that. I havent been able to even finish those dailies once since the patch dropped. Im not saying i want to be on a full alliance server where we win everything. Things should be pretty much even where there is a challenge but still an equal chance that you will win. Its like a football game between and team vs. a quarterback and one linebacker. Even the jets can win that. But it wont be fun to play or watch that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Get a group together and take the tower. It should be easy and since you don't predominately controll it, guards will spawn and give you a massive health increase to counterbalance the population problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]