The recent LFR bosses killed being hidden...

90 Tauren Paladin
Has this got any other tanks pissed?

I don't sit in a queue for over an hour to get a last boss, and then have to sit in the queue another hour for another last boss, or final two...

I want the ability to decline partial runs back. I haven't even been able to get a fresh back half of HoF done because its always the last boss, and I have been doing them from the moment they were released.

As a result, I am now continuously leaving any LFR I get that is not fresh.

Other tanks should as well, bad enough we are stuck waiting for hours, but now they want us to wait for hours, multiple times to get full clears done.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Magami
I don't sit in a queue for over an hour to get a last boss, and then have to sit in the queue another hour for another last boss, or final two...

Your logic is awful. How does seeing (or not seeing) the number of bosses killed change any of this? You were going to get the same raid regardless.

Just finish it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
To each his own, i would rather skip a group that more often than not, fails on last boss - than sit trying for any time wiping.

Sure there is a risk in a bad group, but I would rather skip it entirely for the week than only get 1 boss all week.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
... Why? Both situations leave you waiting in queues for 2 hours.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Its a perpetuating cycle, kill last boss, requeue for another one, if you happen to get a fresh, you kill the bosses you need, and leave.....then the next guy ends up hosed with the last boss, and having to queue again.

And I am sure some people would say, well don't perpetuate it, and just finish the one you don't need...give me the choice back to not perpetuate it, and decline half done LFRs, until then, I will continue to bounce.

If you like being forced to go in repeatedly to clear it, good for you.

Just stating that I know there are those that do not like it.

I am one, so I voice it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I realise that, and that's why Blizzard have made the change. To help ease the annoyance of having to wait for ages for people to accept the queues because they don't want in-progress runs.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm weird, but I don't bail on runs, even if I'm already saved to the last boss. I finish them out.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Its faster to just take the x/3, finish it, then queue again and do the first 1-2.

If you were queue fishing you were wasting your own time along with 24 other peoples time. You're the reason they changed it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol, saying the guy refusing half runs is the reason isn't as accurate as maybe saying....the guy leaving the initial run causing the cascade is.

I don't leave runs I start fresh, unless I got hosed on a last boss previously. Well used to, now I don't finish it unless I started it.

Why would I come in and clean up someone's mess, when I prefer to make my own?

If I am going to take the time to do it, I want to only have to queue for it once, when I have time, and get a fresh one. I don't pay to get half finished ones all the time.

I am just tossing an opinion out there.

I respect yours, and good for you if you want to finish repeat runs out.

There should be a box added for those that don't mind half runs to check when they queue, and put those guys into unfinished runs first because they don't mind it. Thus allowing people wanting / needing fresh runs to queue for those specifically.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
before the fast option was:

Take 2/6, kill last boss, queue again, kill first 2 then leave.

the slower option was:

queue repeatedly until a 0/6 pops up.

all blizzard did was stop people from being stupid and wasting their own time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or, be a man and finish the in progress run, re-queue, and do all three. Bam, extra valor, everyone wins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'd be fine with that, Magami, if leaving an in-progress run that you got into because you checked the "fresh run only" button prevented you from using said button for... oh... a week?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Magami
To each his own, i would rather skip a group that more often than not, fails on last boss - than sit trying for any time wiping.

More often than not, people just leave after killing the boss(es) they need stuff from, rather than failing on a boss at this point. Did you ever think the in-progress runs had terrible tanks that they finally were able to kick?

If I only needed something off Feng and/or Stone Guards, I wouldn't waste my time doing Gara'jal, as I could requeue as Ret and potentially get something I need as Ret. That happens all the time, especially with geared tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The discussion could go on for a while, as its merely a point of view. I'm not trying to sway opinions, or win people to my side. Just wondered if I was the only one that leaves now if it isn't fresh, since I can't just reject it if it isn't fresh any more.

I run them on my shaman, and see the horrid tanks that run them, as well as the tanks that queue as dps, then just tank it because they want OS gear.

I play my Paladin as Prot only. There are bosses that I do not need anything from. I just want to kill everything, not just one or two things.

Its an OCD thing, kind of like the cringe I get when I open the guild bank - and then spend two hours organizing it, and I wouldn't expect everyone to get it necessarily.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 04:16 AMPosted by Feanorion
I don't do in-progress runs. Not ever. I need the loot from all bosses, and not just the last one. LFR, LFG, doesn't matter. If a boss is down, I'm out. I'm not locking myself for some horrible group of stranger's benefit.

But the system is designed so that if you've done the last boss, it'll heavily prioritize a fresh run for you. You're choosing to avoid entering two runs, but it amounts to exactly the same time in the instance and queue (unless you cancel multiple queues).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I do my LFR's early Tuesday, immediately after reset/maintenance.

It's usually 5-10 minute queue per LFR, and since it's early in the week, more of the 'skilled' players need LFR and it's not plagued with baddies (like on Sunday, Monday, etc) so the runs are usually fresh and go smoother.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
How and why do you wash your cat?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/02/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Feanorion
wash the cat

I was following you right up to here.

12/02/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Zionic
How and why do you wash your cat?

It seems to be something he enjoys? Or is he saying that he hates the back half of LFR that much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]