Disruptron Bugged.

90 Draenei Shaman
12/03/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Trogor
The mage's "safe" spot doesn't take the 3rd line into account. you would be standing by its stopping and reversing spot.

This is what I thought however, the beam does not make it all the way to the wall (At least for Alliance) One of the beams on the side stops just before the wall and it gives you enough room to live.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Gotten him low and can meet the enrage but this fight is dumb.

Tried the levitate thing and it doesn't seem to work at all, at least in the horde arena.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/02/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Gnb
The dps requirement is 87500. I am usually pulling 100k+, but never less than 90k.

The DPS requirement doesn't matter, you need to do 35%-0 in 23 seconds (or get ported out). That's a mechanic of the fight. The enrage won't really be an issue (since as you said it is very low).

Thanks for that! Got through Disruptron with knowledge of this mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I don't know how you can say it doesn't allow Alliance to kill it when I have killed it. :/

I mean I watched a shaman kill it yesterday, he used all his CDs early on, wiped doing 120k DPS. Told him to swap it around and use the CDs just before 35%, killed it.

It seems crazy to suggest that this is unintended when he specifically emotes at 35% saying 'Turn them all on', and then ports you well before the enrage if he isn't dead in a certain time period.

I can't speak for the invisible orbs, not something I noticed, but could it just be latency?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
If you watch a horde kill the "35% port out enrage" does not exist. Obviously it is not an intended mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

It seems crazy to suggest that this is unintended when he specifically emotes at 35% saying 'Turn them all on', and then ports you well before the enrage if he isn't dead in a certain time period.

The "Turn them all on!" suggests the cannons which is exactly what it does, turns them all on, that is not the unintended mechanic that is being spoken of.

The unintended mechanic is the 35% - Dead burn in 23 seconds that isn't in any way shown, announed, told, seen or any other descriptive word that I can't think of right now in anyway what so ever until you've done the fight enough to see that its a specific % and a specific amount of time that the boss just up and tell you to get !@#$ on and ports you with no warning.

Its jarring, unintended and absolutely a bug.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
A fix has been rolled out to resolve Disruptron's issues. Should all be resolved shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Anyone who's tried it since then been able to confirm the fix to the 23 second port out? I didn't see any more invisible turrets, but the BG has been dead for me so I can't find raid buffs to try it again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/04/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Sapperwix
A fix has been rolled out to resolve Disruptron's issues. Should all be resolved shortly.

This is still broken. The center turret quite regularly fires invisible shots when activated that damage you without appearing in the combat log.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
These invisible bullets are so stupid. The laser detection is also subpar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
im noticing the combat log doesn't work hardly most of the time in arena i go 3 four match's before it updates
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Wanna bump this. It's too much to ask for even with 100 ms. I clearly jump over the lasers and still get hit for 400k. If the lazers phase in phase out time was a bit longer, where you could actually run through them, it would be a do-able fight. I've only seen a handful of legit kills (without levitate.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I understand Brawler's Guild is supposed to be hard. Zen'shar, Millhouse and Epicus are all difficult the mechanics too Disruption are just TOO difficult with even minimal lag
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem isn't that you are not jumping over them, Horde side grates in the middle are lower than the rest of the floor so jumping over the beams when you are on the grates is near impossible. I've submitted this bug a few times but its never been fixed. It makes the fight really stupid for melee.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
hmmmm, thanks for the observation
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Bumping. Killmour is right. The slight indentation of the 2 grates in the middle make hopping the lazer in that part of the arena nearly impossible. Since MK-3R just runs around, makes this too RNG/difficult for melee. Please raise the grates or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
This fight is absolutely infuriating, and it it's current state the only way to kill it is with absolute perfect luck.

The turrets are still firing out invisible bullets, and the lasers are still misaligned. It doesn't matter if you make a perfect jump, or if you're standing where there is clearly nothing near you. You're going to die, simply because the fight is @#$%ed up like a left handed football bat. The one thing that offered people a remote chance at killing it was nerfed into the ground.

I mean come on, this has been out for how long now? They'd rather add on new content to a broken event, than to fix what is currently broken, and that's just unacceptable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
so with 5.3 bringing new bosses.... and almost nobody can kill disruptron....I guess i just dont think on the developers superior level of advanced thought along with amazing foresight and hindsight. I beat millhouse, got my title, tried disruptron.... never queued again. I salute those of you who accept repair bills for this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
so with 5.3 bringing new bosses.... and almost nobody can kill disruptron....I guess i just dont think on the developers superior level of advanced thought along with amazing foresight and hindsight. I beat millhouse, got my title, tried disruptron.... never queued again. I salute those of you who accept repair bills for this.

Repair bills for it aren't actually that much really, just got a repair bill of 2 gold after 30 attempts on disruptron
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
+1

Disruptron is indeed not possible as a horde-side melee. With new tiers of bosses in the immediate future, it would be extremely unfortunate if some people would be able to experience the new bosses because of a design flaw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]