Disruptron Bugged.

96 Troll Rogue
Bumping again. Please fix this. I'm pulling my hair out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I should have read this before attempting 7 hours on it. even as range. negating more than 60% of the floor is absolutely stupid. the lowest i have got him was around 21% before my CDs. faded. sham rage/astral and ancenstral guidance with ascendance rolling to heal myself.

I'm still getting hit by invisible crap. and not being able to use the entire floor is infuriating. you are FORCED to stay on the stone.

I've submitted my own bug report.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Rogue
I got killed outside of the arena today while someone was attempting disruption by invisable balls. No incoming damage on recount/combat log, health dropped rapidly tho.

04/12/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Thundresa

I should have read this before attempting 7 hours on it. even as range. negating more than 60% of the floor is absolutely stupid. the lowest i have got him was around 21% before my CDs. faded. sham rage/astral and ancenstral guidance with ascendance rolling to heal myself.

I'm still getting hit by invisible crap. and not being able to use the entire floor is infuriating. you are FORCED to stay on the stone.

I've submitted my own bug report.

Imagine having to try and stick on him. As a melee i have to keep running out of melee range to get on the ground to hop the lazers, then get back on him if he sits on the grates all fight.

BLIZZARD PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!
Edited by Rozo on 4/13/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
15 FLASKS. 120 FOODS. 5K ON RESPECT (cause im a healer) AND 13 HOURS OF WIPES and the boss still killing me with invicible damage, still getting hit by the disruption 10-15 feets before it visually hit me.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Greetings! I have been attempting Disruptron for a little while now most of my attempts were instant deaths due to the fact I was unaware of this "grate" bug. Looking well past the grate I attempted to make due and try to work around this flaw, but I can also vouch of getting hit by nothing and dying or getting hit really low, moving, then some other invisible entity kills me. I'm 100% sure this was not beams as they were no where near me during my death. So as of 3:45 AM Central on 4/14/2013 this is still an issue.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I spent more wipes practicing to jump the lasers than I have trying to kill him. I was unaware of this bug, but after a couple attempts of noticing damage from unknown sources I had to see if others had the same problems, and sure enough. To sum up what I'm about to say EVERY single bit and thing about this fight that can do damage to you, is GREATLY bugged.

1) Lasers will damage you earlier AND later than intended.
2) Lasers will damage you despite if you are at the peak of your jump and directly above them.
3) Invisible shots come "unmarked" cannons. My theory is that more than one cannon is being shot at once, but you can only see one. I tested this by having one of the corners being active and standing in a spot where I would not get hit EVER. I got hit randomly while standing in one spot, then when the "active" cannon fired, I moved into the shot to see if I could get hit twice, and I did.
4) Sometimes the lasers do not do damage at all, even if they are the brightest red. This happened ONCE but I landed directly on a laser and took 0 damage.

This is all I have witnessed, again I spent more time trying to actually dodge everything before actually doing the boss. Finding out this boss is bugged greatly upsets me due to the fact many people were able to use levitate to cheese the fight and stand in one spot to avoid everything and just have it be a DPS race. This benefits those who took advantage of the levitate "cheat" that Blizz then removed and didn't allow anyone else to use.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Also bugged for Alliance. Invisible entities killing me over and over again. Also dying when a laser is about 8yds away.......
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Needs to be seen
Reply Quote
The grate issue is infuriating. Getting him down to 30% and you need to burn him real quick, only for him to sit and camp the grates because RNG makes it really stupid since you can't jump over the lasers that easily. They NEED to fix this on horde side, because if they did, I would actually have an easier chance to defeat him instead of running around 50% of the time running off of the grates to jump the lasers.

Also, invisible orbs need to get fixed...it's just absurd that they can't fix the orb issue. Or they just don't care, either way.
Reply Quote
I thought it was just me!

I even turned off nearly all my mods, moved my frames to the corner default location to clear anything around the mid of my screen. I thought i was going insane or just lagging really badly (i average about 250ms on a good day, so I do lag).

Even recorded it to show a guildie to get a 2nd opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFu5hHsbpa8

No audio, no intro, just me failing really really badly at disruption. May also be set on private ^^. But you'll see me randomly take 220k hits from orbs that spawn ~2 seconds later(lasers are 400k+, so wasn't them even though I clearly failed one like a baddie). There's even one point where I jump INTO an orb and DON'T take damage. Then cheat death randomly procs in between 2 lasers, not sure if it was them or the oncoming orb really.

Again, ignore the badness and horrific UI. I had turned nearly everything off to discount the possibility of something quirky going on.

I'm still not discounting the possibility that I'm just terrible too ^^
Edited by Therogué on 4/16/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
It's a redone Ring of Valor, the worst arena map in the history of the game.

Of course there would be oversights when they use it as the hordes brawlers guild arena lol.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I hope something with this fight gets fixed. While I haven't spent quite as much time as some others, I have put quite a bit of time and resources into this fight. I PvE as Combat and PvP as Sub, while it seems Assassination is the spec to play for this, making it a bit of a hassle to set up for.

It seems like this fight is extremely hard for melee, especially with the horde grate shenanigans. It's hard enough for me to last long with my 100-ish latency, let alone dealing with invisible orbs, and the lower grate.

While people are constantly all over people for using Levitate, I'd kill for it to actually work on horde side. More than anything I just want to get done with the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I spent a good 3 hours wiping repeatedly to this boss. i'm sure i can burn the boss easily but i kept getting killed from "invisible orbs" and also the bugged out floor, i figured i was having really bad luck until i looked it up to find a guide to help me kill it just to find out many MANY people we in just as bad a shape as i was. Blizzard get your stuff together and fix this already as your help is long over due on this.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Rogue
Bumping again. Blue needs to see this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bumping again. Blue needs to see this.

The funny part is they've already posted here, acknowledged it's @#$%ed up, and said they fixed it.

But they fixed nothing. Nothing at all. It's still broken to the point that only the most epic of RNG and luck can kill it.

At least we get new bosses in 5.3! -_-
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Bump.

Please fix this, or at least remove the levitate fix so we can actually kill it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
levitate got hotfixed and we have to do it in hard way. Remove laser and make us dodge cannon balls or remove cannon thing and make us dodge laser.
Edited by Insanitytrap on 4/18/2013 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I think we should just continually bump this thread until it gets acknowledged.

This has been going on for 6+ months now. I'd like to have a loss that's my fault, not "RNG". I dealt with enough RNG bull on Milhouse.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Actually had this guy bug out at the start and melee me. He was hitting for about 15k and it made the world of a difference as far as the fight goes. Being able to choose where to place him while still keeping up with the dps requirement. Unfortunately he reset when I gouged him at 45% to stop the stun and died shortly after to an impossible laser jump. (really both side laser a foot apart traveling in the same direction at the same speed /cry)

Honestly think that's all this fight needs is making him attack. Besides the obvious floor height fix in the horde arena.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Rogue
Actually had this guy bug out at the start and melee me. He was hitting for about 15k and it made the world of a difference as far as the fight goes. Being able to choose where to place him while still keeping up with the dps requirement. Unfortunately he reset when I gouged him at 45% to stop the stun and died shortly after to an impossible laser jump. (really both side laser a foot apart traveling in the same direction at the same speed /cry)

Honestly think that's all this fight needs is making him attack. Besides the obvious floor height fix in the horde arena.

Valid point. I'd take him attacking for something minimal ~10k a hit and the floor raised. Raising the floor is the biggest issue. Unfortunately, even in the PTR, the 2 grates remain. Please fix
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]