Brawler's Guild Rank 8 requires 495+ ilvl

90 Human Death Knight

Dunno who you are or care. Grats on getting rank 7, I got there with 0 deaths and pvp gear with some tank pieces on. Stop trolling, idiot.

Also link their armory or stop talking.

Lol, i ignored you, im not wasting time with a skilled ham who's saying brawler need 495 when many people on my realm saw others with a 484 ilvl killing 2 of the 4 rare. And we don't share the definition on trolling but since you claim brawler guild need 495, i am not shocked. Get better. There is some nice gear for you in terrace.

-edit- i can only remember one of them atm but ahanss from thrall. he got 1-2 piece since that day but yeah around 485.

actually no he hasn't gotten any gear since that day. his ilvl is 487 with the 2pc set bonus and he's killed zenshar, the mob with the least health.

my item level estimate may be a little off but the point remains the same: this shouldn't be about gear. enrage timers add nothing to the difficulty level of these encounters.

you also have no reason why I named this toon "Skilledham", I'm not calling myself skilled. It's a joke actually. My original toon, Expensiveham (a mage), got his name from an inside joke that my friends and I came up with. This character is named Skilledham because we all know that DKs require so much... skill. (If you can't tell, that's sarcasm.)

also, your english is terrible.
Edited by Skilledham on 12/3/2012 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/03/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Skilledham
your english is terrible

Because im not american. I give no damn rats about my typos when its my third language. Can you even type in a second one? Or have discussion ? Exactly, so please keep quiet, clear hof, get better at moving and doing your rotation.

I know exactly who you are, i was on zj b4. I always disliked you for your attitude and you are proving me right, again.

Cant attack my point so you attack my english. My point is pretty simple, get better and that is all. Practice more.

But you were saying its impossible to kill any of them and i proved you wrong, he did it with almost the same gear as you. Don't even answer me and go practice more. Can't you just accept that you are wrong? Seriously lol...
Edited by Shaofanger on 12/3/2012 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
your english is terrible

Because im not american. I give no damn rats about my typos when its my third one. Can you even type in a second one? Or have discussion ? Exactly, so please keep quiet, clear hof, get better at moving and doing your rotation.

I know exactly who you are, i was on zj b4. I always disliked you for your attitude and you are proving me right, again.

Cant attack my point so you attack my english. My point is pretty simple, get better and that is all. Practice more.

But you were saying its impossible to kill any of them and i proved you wrong, he did it with almost the same gear as you. Don't even answer me and go practice more. Can't you just accept that you are wrong? Seriously lol...

I'm not american nor is english the only language i can speak.

his gear is better than mine, but ok. im using 4 pieces of pvp gear for my dps set.

Zen'shar is the only one that can be killed in that gear range and you need good AoE abilities to do it. You're right that I can kill Zen'shar if I practice more, which I plan on doing. But the other bosses (Disruptron, Epicus Maximus) have 2-3mil more HP and require higher ilvl than Zen'shar. Millhouse is just luck on the crystal spawns.
Edited by Skilledham on 12/3/2012 5:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/03/2012 05:43 AMPosted by Skilledham
Millhouse is just luck on the crystal spawns.

Well good luck then? Pray for rng. What is wrong with that? For once we have something hard. I'll probably won't even down them since im healer ms and im BAD at dps, there i said it, YES IM BAD AT DPSING. But for the good dps, its a challenge and i think its a nice challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/03/2012 05:48 AMPosted by Shaofanger
Millhouse is just luck on the crystal spawns.

Well good luck then? Pray for rng. What is wrong with that? For once we have something hard. I'll probably won't even down them since im healer ms and im BAD at dps, there i said it, YES IM BAD AT DPSING. But for the good dps, its a challenge and i think its a nice challenge.

Not complaining about the Millhouse encounter or any of the encounters mechanics for that matter. All I'm saying is that Brawler's Guild shouldn't require gear. It should either be normalized like Challenge Mode's or the Enrage timers should be adjusted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The rares aren't a gear check, its a skill check. Battletron took me 3 attempts to figure out the right way to handle the fight. I'm not insanely geared by any means. On my battletron kill I did 108k with a 490 ilvl. Millhouse is easy in theory, but he requires tight execution. Every person I watch that fights him lets him pick up too much of the buff because they tunnel. Just have to be on your toes for the whole thing. GG engineering reminded me to watch my feet the whole time > <
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The rares aren't a gear check, its a skill check. Battletron took me 3 attempts to figure out the right way to handle the fight. I'm not insanely geared by any means. On my battletron kill I did 108k with a 490 ilvl. Millhouse is easy in theory, but he requires tight execution. Every person I watch that fights him lets him pick up too much of the buff because they tunnel. Just have to be on your toes for the whole thing. GG engineering reminded me to watch my feet the whole time > <

The rares are a gear check to some degree. I have gotten them all to the enrage multiple times, the only one close to dying being Zen'shar.

The reason why you see people let Millhouse get stacks is because its a DPS race. The first 4 crystals literally need to spawn on the player so they get the 100 stack buff ASAP. If the first 4 don't spawn on them then it's pretty much over at that point. Surviving Millhouse's attacks isnt the hard part - it's getting RNG on your side.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They are all dps races indeed. My first mistake was trying to survive too well on battletron. I did death striking instead of obliterating and hit the enrage at 9% with 50% hp. I swapped to obliterating and killed him with roughly the same health left. I decided to put out more damage to end the fight sooner, I'm hoping it carries over.

I agree you need to stack it fast, but once you get the 100 stack you can kill the rest of the crystals besides 1. That's where people mess up. They let the crystals hit him and don't notice or just want to cast 1 more spell. I can't wait to give manastorm a try and see how much burst I can achieve with the max buff. I'll be saving everything juuuust for him. In fact, I think I may go give him a try right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

I agree you need to stack it fast, but once you get the 100 stack you can kill the rest of the crystals besides 1. That's where people mess up. They let the crystals hit him and don't notice or just want to cast 1 more spell. I can't wait to give manastorm a try and see how much burst I can achieve with the max buff. I'll be saving everything juuuust for him. In fact, I think I may go give him a try right now.

Got him to 10% as the fire hit me, had a soul reaper up on him that would've killed him if I survived another 2 seconds. The RNG gods haven't smiled on me since then.

p.s. remember to use icy touch to kill the excess crystals, howling blast might kill some of the ones you're using.
Edited by Skilledham on 12/3/2012 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/02/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Åurelia
i wish there was a enrage on every mob in game

If that were so, I would totally go park myself in front of a Quillboar and wait for its enrage timer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Original Poster.

"I don't have the gear to beat rank 8 yet...Nerf the boss."
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Original Poster.

"I don't have the gear to beat rank 8 yet...Nerf the boss."

You: "I didn't bother to read anything but the thread title."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hey skilledham

First, sorry for my first answer to your initial post, it was rude and not necessary. No, no one told me to apologize,im doing it by myself because i was a jerk to you when i had other options.

That being said, good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm still behind you, OP. They should have thought the Brawler's Guild through. Seems like they really didn't.
Edited by Pryde on 12/3/2012 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hey skilledham

First, sorry for my first answer to your initial post, it was rude and not necessary. No, no one told me to apologize,im doing it by myself because i was a jerk to you when i had other options.

That being said, good luck.

No problem. I apologize as well for anything that I might've said to you at some point.

12/03/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Pryde
I'm still behind you, OP. They should have thought the Brawler's Guild through. Seems like they really didn't.

The majotiy of Brawler's Guild was done well and is quite fun, there's some minor tweaks they can make like the issues that have been stated in this thread. Hopefully they feel the same way.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have no problem with these fights being difficult. They actually need to add more difficult content back into the game instead of dumbing everything down so it can be completed by a pack of newborns within a few hours.

As soon as they make this stuff easy and people finish it, you are only going to begging for more content. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Now, that being said. These fights need to be more spec friendly. Healers need be able to jump in there without gathering more gear for an offspec. Make them mechanic heavy with no enrage to give a wider range of classes/specs the chance to enjoy them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have no problem with these fights being difficult. They actually need to add more difficult content back into the game instead of dumbing everything down so it can be completed by a pack of newborns within a few hours.

As soon as they make this stuff easy and people finish it, you are only going to begging for more content. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Who is suggesting it should be easier? We want skill to matter more than gear.

Keeping it the way it is NOW, in a few months people will be rolling through the Guild with the new gear. It shouldn't be that way. It should be based on your skill in understanding your class and mechanics, not the ilvl of your gear.
Edited by Pryde on 12/3/2012 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dark Summoner has reached 220+ wins on my server.

He's lost 5 times.

I'm still stuck on him. He has a nasty habit of spawning ghosts ON TOP of me or the debuff will drop from a ghost for just a split second while they're only ten yards away.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Two thoughts on this:

First, I think part of the reason why the imagined "minimum ilvl" is so high is so that rank 8 bosses are still tough when the next tier of gear is released. I would imagine that a new tier of gear will also come with a new rank (or multiple new ranks) of Brawler's guild with new bosses. Also gear is not equal to skill. A person who dies to Bruce is going to die to Bruce whether they are ilvl 463 or ilvl 502.

Second, enrage timers are necessary to keep the flow of Brawler's guild going. If none of the bosses enraged everyone would be sitting through Blood DKs taking 5+ minutes on a rank 1-3 fight, which isn't very exciting.

That said they maybe could allow more freedom on the timers for the rank 8 and higher fights. You've worked pretty hard to get there and those fights are far more entertaining to the spectators than watching yet another blood DK slowly kill a rank 2 boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]