Jewelcrafting: PvP Serpent Eyes Needed

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Blizzard,

All I want for Christmas are recipes for 480 Resilience and 480 PvP power added as new Serpent Eye jewelcrafting cuts, please! I will love you forever and ever!

Sincerely,
Sad Jewelcrafting PvPer
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
Agreeeeeeeeed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
:( Where's the love, Santa?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
None of the crafting professions have PvP perks. Blacksmithing is the only exception do to the nature of the perk (two additional sockets).

Perhaps instead of asking for JC to be a special snowflake, you should argue for all crafting professions to offer a PvP perk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
halp
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
None of the crafting professions have PvP perks. Blacksmithing is the only exception do to the nature of the perk (two additional sockets).

Perhaps instead of asking for JC to be a special snowflake, you should argue for all crafting professions to offer a PvP perk.

None of the other professions loose out on their profession perks while gemming for PvP either, I've said it before, I'd be happy with a serpents eye hybrid gem that is normal PvP power/resilience AND X other stat.

I don't want anything special I just want to be on par.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
None of the other professions loose out on their profession perks while gemming for PvP either, I've said it before, I'd be happy with a serpents eye hybrid gem that is normal PvP power/resilience AND X other stat.

I don't want anything special I just want to be on par.

So you want the 320 PvP Power or Resilience that would normally be in the socket, with the 160 Strength for your profession perk on top? That seems reasonable enough.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
This would just make BS/JC the best profession setup.

It would take JC from the worst to the best. There is no way to balance it, what dont you guys understand.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
This would just make BS/JC the best profession setup.

It would take JC from the worst to the best. There is no way to balance it, what dont you guys understand.

But it wouldn't make the profession the best, what Delzoun suggested would just put it on par with the other crafting professions.

Assume all things being equal that everyone in full conquest gear has 5x gem sockets. A non-JC can then socket 1,600 PvP Power in those sockets and still get a 320 strength profession perk. A JC on the other hand, can socket 1,600 PvP Power OR they can socket 960 PvP Power, 320 strength, and get their 320 strength profession perk.

With as powerful as PvP Power is supposed to be, do you really think that 320 strength comes anywhere near the potential dps of 640 PvP Power that only JCs have to sacrifice?

Yes, there is no reason for JCs to get 480 PvP Power serpent's eyes (320 original plus 160 for the perk), though I do still think that the remaining secondary stats that already exist should be buffed from 480 to 560 (for a 480 secondary profession perk).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I agree that JC does need PvP power/resil serpent eye perks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I leveled JC today, spent like 12k total... didn't know JC was !@#$..

want a revert plz......
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I leveled JC today, spent like 12k total... didn't know JC was !@#$..

want a revert plz......

Exactly what were your intentions with JC that would make you think that it sucked?

Profit? It is one of the three most profitable professions in the game, and should become the dominant profession by 5.2.

Perks? All professions are balanced around a profession perk of 320 primary stats. JC does have some drawbacks, but nothing noticeable to the average player. Anyone who would notice would have researched the profession better.

PvP? There are no such things as PvP professions anymore. Haven't really been since WotLK. The only profession with PvP stats is blacksmithing, and that is simply due to the nature of the perk (socket any two gems).
Reply Quote

PvP? There are no such things as PvP professions anymore. Haven't really been since WotLK. The only profession with PvP stats is blacksmithing, and that is simply due to the nature of the perk (socket any two gems).

This is where you are wrong. In both Cata and Wrath, jewelcrafters were able to cut resilience dragon's eye/chimera eye. Only until now, did they not introduce the PvP power/Resil serpent's eye cut.

To be completely honest, I don't think you understand the frustration. The people that came into MoP thinking that their JC profession perk would grant them access to either PvP power/Resilience gems, like the last two expansions, find it unfair that their profession no longer allows them to maximize in what they want, unlike other professions such as blacksmithing.

And even if we were to get the 480 resil/power cuts, blacksmithing would still be ahead. Since they can socket two 320 gems, they gain 640 extra of those stats, while JC would only offer 320 extra.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, we need our missing serpent gem cuts
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Agreed!!! We need one.. I chose JC because it allows me to reslot tank gems if i need to FC or something but it has become painfully useless when our "Special" gems aren't any better then the basics..

.5% pvp Power gain for a 500 ap drop. I'm not doing the maths on that but i'll assume that the .5% pvp power is better. Especially when AP can be buffed with skills but Power can't be.

IF it's not possible to give us this PvP gem for serp eyes, Please make 320 ones that can be placed in any slot as our special bonus? Not as powerful but still gives us a slight edge of the socket bonus + more power...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/15/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Reflex
To be completely honest, I don't think you understand the frustration. The people that came into MoP thinking that their JC profession perk would grant them access to either PvP power/Resilience gems, like the last two expansions, find it unfair that their profession no longer allows them to maximize in what they want, unlike other professions such as blacksmithing.

You are right, for the past two expansions, JC/BS have been the "PvP" professions as they allowed you to stack resilience. But Blizzard wants you to play the professions you enjoy, not the ones you can min/max for an advantage in PvP (although people will still do that for every last point of dps they can get).

Yes, coming into Mists, PvP players lost out on the resilience offered by JC. Then again, in Cata, especially towards the end, weren't most of you socketing straight primary stats over resilience? PvP Power didn't exist then, so you aren't losing out on that stat.

Finally, if you had JC for PvP stats, you should have also had BS. If that profession actually provided a stat perk rather then two gem sockets, you would only get 480 PvP Power, not 640. So you have an extra 160 PvP Power for your "second" profession slot, and you can NOW choose at least one profession you enjoy rather then something you are "forced" to level to be competitive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dear Blizzard,

All I want for Christmas are recipes for 480 Resilience and 480 PvP power added as new Serpent Eye jewelcrafting cuts, please! I will love you forever and ever!

Sincerely,
Sad Jewelcrafting PvPer

I want this so bad. As a fellow Jewelcrafting PvPer, it hurts that I don't get to use the benefit that JC is supposed to give me. I've been able to the last two expansions, and only now has the game been made in such a way that using my two JC only gems actually hurts me in PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]