Carrion Swarm = Nonsense!

90 Worgen Warlock
Keeping it simple, why Carrion Swarm doesn't automatically activate Meta?

Meta is out of the global cooldown.

Carrion Swarm trigger a global. No automatic Meta activation.

Leap trigger a global as well. Automatically activates Meta.

It only forces me to press Meta before Carrion. So what's the point? I don't see how this could have any justification regarding balance.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yea, I know. I just mean, why not do the same they've done to Leap?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
As long as it doesn't auto-Meta when you are already in DA.

I had my macro set to:
/cast !Metamorphosis
/cast Carrion Swarm

Worked great, made me capable of solo'ing Sahn Tidehunter and Ai Li Skymirror easier. But the first time I used DA for a cata raid and decided to try and use Carrion Swarm to see if I could interrupt the boss....

well, going Meta with 200 Fury, wasting some on Carrion Swarm, then being a cloth caster for about 6 seconds on a raid boss isn't pretty.... Hotkey got changed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I had my macro set to:
/cast !Metamorphosis
/cast Carrion Swarm

Worked great, made me capable of solo'ing Sahn Tidehunter and Ai Li Skymirror easier. But the first time I used DA for a cata raid and decided to try and use Carrion Swarm to see if I could interrupt the boss....

well, going Meta with 200 Fury, wasting some on Carrion Swarm, then being a cloth caster for about 6 seconds on a raid boss isn't pretty.... Hotkey got changed.

Use: /cast [noform] !Metamorphosis
/cast Carrion Swarm

Your version triggers the cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i think any skill that can only be used in meta form should automatically activate meta, like leap
this is out of place compared to all the other skills which change with our stance and with demonic leap. i have to say this seems more like polish than error on Blizzard's part.

the macro above is great
thanks
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
/cast Carrion Swarm

I believe this will take you out of Dark Apotheosis. Unless it was changed in the patch (not sure, haven't tested) DA does not count as a form / stance. Using this setup will force you out of DA form into meta, and activate the 10 sec CD on DA / Meta. Not something you want to happen in the middle of a fight XD
Edited by Garretteagle on 12/2/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/02/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Haayt

Well, it doesn't happen to Leap, then I don't see how it would be a problem with Carrion.

12/02/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Vårgulf
You're asking blizzard to do something that make sense. :p

Sometimes I forget Blizzard doesn't use logical methods... :o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
/cast Carrion Swarm

I believe this will take you out of Dark Apotheosis. Unless it was changed in the patch (not sure, haven't tested) DA does not count as a form / stance. Using this setup will force you out of DA form into meta, and activate the 10 sec CD on DA / Meta. Not something you want to happen in the middle of a fight XD

So does his macro. I feel that DA is useless anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
There are some times when DA is simply required. Used to just be old raids, but lately there is also the Brawler's Guild. Don't need DA until Rank 7+ fights, but where you need it you REALLY need it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
#showtooltip Carrion Swarm
/cast [nostance] Metamorphosis
/cast [stance] Carrion Swarm
/cancelaura Metamorphosis

Is the macro ive been using, quick in and out... giggidy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tagging this because I want the above macro and away from PC
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Bah, just tried doing a giant pull and it was too much for me, so went DA/Harvest to clean it up. A minor miskey when activating Immolation Aura and instead hit Demonic Leap. And it auto-transformed me to Meta.

Died very soon after that.

So yeah.... I absolutely do NOT want Carrion Swarm to work like Leap does, because it is impossible to use Leap in DA.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Tried all macros here. All of them aren't really as good as the automatic Meta mechanic from Leap.

I don't think it would take that much effort to simply add the same code to Carrion. Would be really nice Blizz took the time to do it.

#showtooltip Carrion Swarm
/cast [nostance] Metamorphosis
/cast [stance] Carrion Swarm
/cancelaura Metamorphosis

Is the macro ive been using, quick in and out... giggidy

I don't think that macro is really good.

It takes you out of Meta after casting Carrion Swarm. If I try to use it, I would have at least to keep another keybind to a pure Carrion Swarm, since I don't always want to instantly get out of Meta after using it.

Also, makes it impossible to use on DA, saying "the spell isn't ready yet". It requires Meta to use, so it's useless for DA.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
For you Osiria, the macro you want is:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [nostance] !Metamorphosis
/cast Carrion Swarm

That will stop what you are doing (typically desirable since you are trying to interrupt), activate Meta, and then wave immediately. Works just as well as Leap does.

The other macros either have leaving Meta, which I also hate, or forget to use Stopcasting, which means pressing the key while you are casting ignores the Meta line completely.

But yes, even this would prevent using the button in DA, because DA doesn't count as a Stance, WHICH IS STUPID.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
For you Osiria, the macro you want is:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Carrion Swarm

That will stop what you are doing (typically desirable since you are trying to interrupt), activate Meta, and then wave immediately. Works just as well as Leap does.

The other macros either have leaving Meta, which I also hate, or forget to use Stopcasting, which means pressing the key while you are casting ignores the Meta line completely.

But yes, even this would prevent using the button in DA, because DA doesn't count as a Stance, WHICH IS STUPID.

This doesn't work like leap does. I just tried it and received a "Requires Metamorphosis to use." Blurb.

It switches you to meta just fine, but you have to press it again to cast swarm, so it makes this macro pointless.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Carrion Swarm

This macro is better than the others but still isn't close to what Leap does.

First, because it can't be used in DA. Forcing me into Meta if it's on cd.

And secondly, because it requires to press the button twice.

If I have to press twice or even leave a second keybind because of Meta, it's better to simply do as I already do: no macros.

Also, pressing two buttons, be it macro or just commonly, wastes time because we must wait until the game realizes we morphed to them allow us to cast it. Leap just works instantly with the delay of a single spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/03/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Haayt
I absolutely do NOT want Carrion Swarm to work like Leap does, because it is impossible to use Leap in DA.

What are you talking about? Demonic Leap works in DA just fine. Do you have it macroed so your macro pops Meta?

Maybe you dragged the wrong version of the spell from the spellbook? I'm not sure if that's possible.

In my experience, Demonic Leap in DA works fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
No macro on my Demonic Leap at all. Just straight from spellbook to hotkey bar. I went DA, clicked it, and was Meta. I can try again when servers are back up.

For those of you trying the hotkey for Swarm... are you moving when you press it maybe? This is the exact hotkey that I used for Sahn Tidehunter fight when I had worse gear and the interrupt was absolutely vital but I may not have had enough Fury to wait around in Meta beside him. I know that moving and multi-spell hotkeys frequently messes up. Anyway, I'll try that again as well when servers are up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]